main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lego Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Koohii, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Oh.
    well, sure, if you want to be modern about it. ;)

I wonder if there's a glitch reporting board. I think I have a couple of valid complaints.

On the petty stuff side, why can't you skip the animations? C'Mon, LegoBatman finally got it right. push triangle button and you can skip right to the game. I liked that feature. I thought it was one of the best improvements. Why get rid of it?

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I have everything except the last gold brick, and I can't find it anywhere! :_|

3. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I'm guessing you've turned on the brick detector and looked in all the rooms...
    And gone to all the places on Diagon-Ally.

So, welcome to my world.
    That's exactly what happened to me when I played the first time. Welcome to my world...

The second time, it worked ok...

4. Jedirockstar1138

Jedirockstar1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2011
    i can't get past the Spider boss Aragog. Tremendous fear of spiders aside, the game freezes and makes a loud noise right in the beginning. Aren't glitches wonderful?? Good thing it wasn't my copy of the game...

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Koohii: I think I went everywhere, I certainly spent hours trawling around Hogwarts trying to find it.

Jedirockstar1138: really? I hate spiders but I'm ok with spiders in LHP, probably because they're made of Lego.

6. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Well, when you get a working copy, here's to answer. Remember back at the Weasely house, where there were the little gnomes you had to levitate up, then you'd hit the button again & they'd start to spin, then they'd fly away when you let go? You do the same thing with the spiders. there are 3 "baby" giant spiders on the screen. keep blowing them up until you see the black & purple one. When you shoot it, it flips over. Then you hit it with levitate, spin, and release.

What annoys me more is the next bit, when you are driving away in the dark. You are supposed to run over things, but you can't see them! Esp fun since there are 5 piecs to one of the house crests you need to find that way.

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah, I agree that that's hard, but then there's the Crest Detector is for.

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Even then, since the game doesn't turn off the arrows after you collect the pieces, how do you know if you passed it or not? It's not like you can go back after you clear a checkpoint...

I don't even know for certain what it is we're supposed to hit. What does it look like? Can't see in the dark.

9. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    OK, so LEGO Harry Potter came out some time last year, and we got Lego StarWars 3 a couple months ago, and now Lego Pirates of the Carribean is due out next month?!?
    Wow.
    Used to be that it was about a year or more between games. Now they're racking them out.
    Are they still going to be good...

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So Years 5-7 has been announced. Looks like it will be about as long as the last game since it's based more off of the movies than the books, therefore it's more like years 5, 6, 7a and 7b. I wonder if the secondary hub will still be Hogwarts, especially since it's not even present in the first half of DH.

11. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Well, we both know the answer about LSW3...
    Hear LPotC is more like the good games.

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Really? :eek: How did I miss that? :eek:
    As fas as I can remember, the games are based off of both with some stuff coming from the books and some from the movies, so it makes more sense that it will be in four parts. I'm guessing it'll be in Hogwarts for Years 5 and 6, then Number 12 Grimmauld Place for Year 7. We shall have to wait and see. [face_thinking]

13. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    I, too, have been having glitch issues with Harry Potter. I'm assuming it's because it is brand new but, like they did with Lego Star Wars OT game, they'll come out with an updated version.

14. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    LegoHP has a patch download.
    Hopefully this means that all the problems we've run into have been fixed.

15. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Good.
    I'll have to give it a try.

Any word of patches/glitches for Pirates?

16. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    OK, so the updates/patched version.
    Not so much with the goofy ear-muff options when dealing with the mandrakes. really with the singing mandrake power was available sooner!!!
    Most of the other 'problems' are still there. Still can't skip cut-scenes or anything like that.
    Also, have to be careful about collecting a second item before the game has finished telling you about the first (in the grand hall foyer, I screwed up and collected the gold brick while it was congratulating me for saving the student in peril, and I had to replay up to that point).

My current problem: on one level (underwater swim), I cannot collect the house crest. Have the detector on. It shows me two locations. One is in the middle of no-where (first place you can blow up the swimming balloon things), and the other is the giant squid's beak. Nothing to do here. No object. Nothing to shoot at. Nothing to move to that spot.
    Huh.

Overall verdict: plays slightly better, but still needs some fine tuning.
    Still way better than Lego StarWars3

17. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    Amendment: aside from some minor glitches, LHP now plays fine.
    (for some reason, Lucius' cane/wand would disappear, or Hermione was wearing the wrong outfit).

I think one of my controller is buggy--it keeps rotating trough the spell options in free-play mode. When I don't want it to. I can usually get it to behave by playing with the buttons, so not a biggie.

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I got it! I finally got it! I found the last Gold Brick in the Griffondor Common Room! Well, it was in the boys' bedroom, but still, I found it!! I used the Time Turner and it was in a chest I'm sure I checked before. Time to get 100% on this! [face_dancing]

Edit: Done and done. :cool:

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah that must be the one brick I don't have, but I can't get it since I triggered the glitch that keeps you out of the Gryffindor common room.:rolleyes: Maybe I should do a new playthrough since this was a great game, but this time I'll try not to do anything stupid that would activate a glitch.:p

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Try it again now. There's been a patch released for it so you might be able to get back in. The frustrating part of this last gold brick was that there are six achievements you can't get without it and they're worth 195 in XBL gamerscore.

21. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I bought this for fifteen bucks on Amazon the other day, and when I started playing I was instantly reminded why it takes me so long to get through Lego games. I have to search every nook and cranny for studs and use the force/magic on every possible object, which usually involves running around in circles and double checking areas, etc. I wish I could just do the objective and collect whatever studs I come across on the way, but I just... can't.

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, yeah, I have the Wii version. I don't get achievements and frankly don't want them, but that's a discussion for another thread. Either way I hope the people at TT take into account how glitchy this was and try their best to avoid glitches like that in yrs 5-7.

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Either way, you can't get 100% on the game without the last gold brick. Without it you can't get all the gold bricks, and without all the gold bricks you can't unlock the Voldemort level, and without that you can't unlock the Voldemort token, and without that you can't get 100% game completion.

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I think i'll survive. [face_coffee]

25. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    I don't get the point of having a character that you unlock after you've essentially completed the game. "You're done: here's a new character for you to play with." "Uh, There are no more puzzles to work on?" "That's no problem. You can play the levels again." "Um, but I've finished. The only way I'd play the levels again would be to start from scratch, where I won't have this character to play." "But you COULD replay any level you wanted again." "Why would I?"

and so on.
    I found all the notes about the achievements an annoying distraction that interrupted my game-play, so no loss.

Yes, I prefer to have games released AFTER all the glitches are fixed.

Even with the buggy version, so long as I didn't do anything stupid, I could find all 200 bricks.
    As for having to hit absolutely everything, that's where the power extras come in. Stud magnet, Gold Brick Detector, House Crest Detector, Character Studs, are all useful or necessary powers. The only brick that wasn't made is the "Student in Peril" detector.

I don't understand the order of the power blocks. The first one that you get access to (aside from 1-4 which are available as soon as you start the game) is Number 22, followed by 24.

Oh, I do like that the new patch fixes it so that "Collect Ghost Studs" is still useful after you complete Year 4 Story mode. Also, you don't have everyone applauding you wherever you go. That was very annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.