main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [LEGO IS AWESOME] It's like Christmas come early!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Jun 7, 2008.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So I got two Lego sets for Christmas and only built one of them. I have to wait until Spring Break to build the other one.:(

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Yep.

Funny thing is, that Mutation Chamber is coming with a figure of a character voiced by Lewis Black.

3. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    Unfortunately, I had a bad experience with a seller on ebay, so I now avoid buying things from there if I can, so I stick to Amazon, Lego.com, or Jadlam. With Star Wars being popular though, I'm sure they'll do sets which I like in the future. (I mean, they've been doing them for about ten years, or so....)

4. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    My little brother turned 8 recently and just had his party, so he came home with a bunch of lego, one of which was Star Wars: The Old Republic Lego, which I didn't even know existed. Lego must really be looking forward to Episode 7 because they've started making Star Wars lego sets out of everything. "Boba Fett pod racer with Jar Jar Binks and Clone War Yoda Death Star action set!"

5. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Don't forget, there's also Rebels, which is going to have some new Lego sets later in 2014.

6. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    Looks like most of the '14 lot is rereleases. The Star Destroyer is likely to be similar to the 2006 set, so I'll pass. Same with the B Wing, Snowspeeder. I can understand why LEGO does the rereleases, but for longtime fans like myself, it's a little tiresome.

I Are The Internets, which LEGO sets? I'm curious.

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The one I built on Christmas Day was a little Star Wars speeder thingie. The bigger one is a Technic race car of sorts.

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  9. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    Has anyone built a licensed SW LEGO set like, say, Republic Cruiser or Imperial Shuttle, with the instructions using scratch pieces and purchased pieces from Bricklink instead of buying the actual set?

I'm curious because there are some sets like RC, the Wedge/X Wing, and the Jek Porkins/ X Wing set that I would love to have, but the proliferation of Qui-Gon Jinn and Pilot Luke minifigures is so incredibly annoying. I don't need or want numerous minifigs of the same person. At some point in the future I will probably purchase the pieces for those sets on Bricklink and build them without having to deal with the figs.

I can understand Qui-Gon being in Republic Cruiser, but he was already in several sets before it. Pilot Luke is the one that really aggravates me. How hard would it have been to let the 2 X Wing sets mentioned above have just the established pilots and their astromechs without throwing Luke in there? He's been in 2 Snowspeeder sets, 3 AT-AT sets, 2 prior X Wing sets, one of the Hoth base sets, and will no doubt be in the new Snowspeeder and AT-AT sets this year. That's too much.

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I honestly just build the sets for the fun of it. I really could care less which characters are involved with the models.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Luke's been in countless sets over the years. Before I sold the majority of my Legos I had about a dozen Lukes.

Huh, never heard of BrickLink. Might be useful, since I have thousands of misc. pieces and characters that are just sitting in boxes or are part of original creations. [face_thinking]

12. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    True, Todd, but I think Pilot Luke is the one that's cropped up the most.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    So anyone seeing The Lego Movie this weekend? It's getting surprisingly excellent reviews.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm a little curious about it. I read that though it's CG, they animated the figures in the fashion of the multitude of home-made fan videos of Legos, making it seem like cheap stop-motion animation when it's not. Looking at the trailers it seems they even made the lighting look realistic as well, highlighting this effect.

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I love lego but boy does that movie look dumb (Yes I know it's a kids movie).

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    No.

Ender Sai likes this.
  18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well I'm seeing it mainly because it's getting better reviews than any of the 9 best picture nominees of 2013.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm sad that Armond White can no longer give the film a rotten rating, thereby permanently cementing its status as an instant classic.

Jedi-Anakin-Solo likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Is it really [face_laugh]

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
  22. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
  23. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    Why is that sad?

The Lego Movie was an incredibly well made, entertaining, and funny movie that really goes in some pretty cool directions.

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm hopefully seeing it tomorrow!

25. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    Going to give most of my LEGO sets to the local science center either this week or next week. I'm only keeping several.