Phx Lego Lovers Enter Here

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    But you're forgetting the most important part -- Boba's SLAVE I comes with BOBA FETT.

And Mac -- just go here -- http://shop.lego.com -- paper LEGO catalogs only come 2 or 3 times a year (X-Mas and mid-summer, or if something BIG comes out), and you also get magazines every 2 months if you're a LEGO club member.

2. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wenchy...*looks around paranoid...uhhh...ically*...I'm pretty sure it's the gnomes. :eek: My mom used to collect gnomes and her house used to always be spotless...and since LEGOLand's construction in the U.S., she no longer has her gnomes (claims they were stolen, but *I* know better), and she's no longer a neat freak. The coincidences are astounding.

*looks around again*

SOOOOO...UHHHHH...HOWABOUT THEM LEGOS?
  3. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    *WHISPERS TO TK-4752*

It's a conspiracy!!! I'm telling you, you've made a believer out of me!!! [face_shocked] WHAT DO WE DO? [face_shocked] Do we just let LEGOLAND and LEGO keep abducting the Gnomes?

SOOOOO...LEGOS ARE COOL.

And by the way, both Slave I's have Boba's just one has a grown-up armored Boba and the other has little kid Boba!

OR....you could just get both! Like me!

Classic Slave I comes with Boba Fett in his green armor and a Carbonite Lego Han.

Jango's Slave I come with Jango and Boba and is just plain awesome!
  4. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    I will just look later to see which I like better and decide to buy.

going to lego land sounds pretty cool too.
  5. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Why not start with the Lego mini ships. They're about 3-4 bucks per package. They're kind of cool.
  6. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    True. The mini ships are a nice starting point...until you realize you only need 3 more til you can build the TIE Bomber, and then you buy those, too...and then you see how cool it is, and how much you want another AT-ST, so you buy another set...

And before you know it, you've lost $60 and there's this kid in the aisle at Wal-Mart crying to his mommy because "The bad man in the Star Wars shirt dumped all the cool ones into his shopping cart and ran off"...because once you notice that you don't NEED to buy another set of dorky pod racers for the other TIE Bomber wing -- you can just get ANOTHER AT-ST set.
  7. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
  9. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oooooooo...preeeeettty...

*Whispers back to Wenchy* Actually, I was over my parents' last night, and noticed they had ONE gnome left. He noticed my LEGO Stormtrooper keychain and I saw the GREED in his eyes to want to work for LEGO and make the big bucks, and not have to sit and guard the backyard lawn anymore. I might have to kidnap him this weekend and learn more of his gnomey secrets!
  10. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    *Whispers back to Tk-4752 while looking suspiciously around the thread*

PSSST...Can I help? [face_devil] I'd like to know how those Gnomes do it too!
  11. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  12. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    *Whispers back*

COOL! If you need any help, just gimme a nudge through the Force and I'll be there in a jiff.
  13. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    First attempt was a failure! *Force nudge...Force nudge*

I really need to learn some self control -- I was at the mall getting a few odds and ends that I needed for some chain mail and I stopped by Kay-Bee. I ended up walking out with 6 Droid Fighters, 3 more Final Duel 2's, a Cloud Car pod thingie, and 2 LEGO T-rexes (rexi?). But, they've also got everything on clearance, so even after tax it wasn't even $40. :)

14. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    ACCK! Ok, what do you want me to do...this Gnome is goin' DOWN! [face_devil]

Very cool finds there TK-4752. I too need to learn some self control. I make tri-weekly trips to Kay-Bee. The guys there...they call me the Star Wars Chick. Doesn't help that I wear my Jedi Broad Squad shirt with the lightsaber wielding chicks on it at least once a week either. :D
  15. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, guess what! I made a lego SWOOP!!!! Isn't that cool? I've got to take a picture of it sometime. It looks really cool and I built it from scrap from limited parts in an hour.
  16. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    i went and got a little T16. I was looking for bobas slave I, but all i could find was jangos. thats walmart for ya. oh well i thing i will build it tonight. i took a really long nap and now im not tired!
  17. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    well i built it.

but i do have one question for all you lego masters...is it ok to have spare parts of is it bad? cause mine has a few extras. I know is an extra for sure, but im not sure of the other.
  18. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yep. They include a few teenie bits for making other sets, or just in case you lose one of the tiny pieces. You probably have a spare little "lightbulb" and maybe a helmet faceplate or something, huh?
  19. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  20. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    its just the little view screen, as well as one of the little end cap pieces. but as long is its not going to fall apart cause they belong somewhere, im ok with having them.

although i do have to say, I am impressed with it. it opens up to store his little toys. its great!
  21. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow. Cool. :)

You have now turned to the Dark Side. Forever will LEGOs dominate your life.

And if you want LEGOs for cheap, go hit Kay-Bee. They've mostly got prequel SW LEGO stuff, but it's all super-cheap right now (most are right about 50% off -- some are even cheaper). Reminds me of the days of dating a girl that worked at Kay-Bee. Those were the days. Toys, toys, and more toys.

Too bad I did all that hard work for a bunch of Spawn toys that ain't worth anything nowadays... [face_plain]

*looks around cautiously for wife* :eek:
  22. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    hmmm. i need to go pick up weird al's new one. I will try and get out there and see if they have anyone i want. but i doubt the mall is open tomorrow. prob tuesday.

and if Mrs. A, says anything just say i used a Jedi mind trick on you ;)
  23. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well...caffeine's kickin' in again. Meethinks I shall go work on some Biker Scout stuff before bed tonight. All this posting and surfing I've been doing lately has really taken a toll on my usual productivity. :p

Birr...Oh, and BTW, if all goes well this week, I might give ya a call -- might have some plastic to play with. ;) I'll keep yas posted.

TALLY-HO!!!!!!

pesky pesky gnomeses...
  24. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Birr...ZOO will be mad that most of our postings end up on the PHXFF board... :D...(you wouldn't believe how long I tried to pronounce that before realizing "PHX" stood for "Phoenix" [face_blush]) And yes, ever since that class with the staffs she's been more dangerous than usual. Have you been back to class lately? We still gotta get back into it.

Oh yeah...I was going... :D
  25. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    OOOH plastics!!!

and i havent been to class in well... about a year now [face_blush]. I have pretty much given up on it, cause i will need to start all over, and i am not sure i would want to do that with the class sizes the way they are. plus I work nights, so i cant make most classes.

that staff class was pretty fun though.

oh yeah back on topic, LEGOS AND GNOMES.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.