Phx Lego Lovers Enter Here

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    I wonder what piece will be missing?
  2. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sheesh. When I was putting mine together, I used a dark grey 2x4 plate as a stand for one of my Stormtroopers in the pics, and I forgot about it and spent probably 20 minutes looking for it. I was SURE the gnomes had taken it.
  3. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] I hate when that happens TK-4752. [face_laugh]

I got it last night before I had to go to the Jail for clinical and started putting it together. Then I had to leave for the Jail from 1800-2230, came home, and after ranting and raving for a bit about how one of the nurses was being a freak, started building it again.

All I remember is at 0230 I was holding one of the Snowtrooper minifigs and then I woke up an hour later curled up on the floor asleep next to my AT-AT.

I need help...I really do. [face_laugh]

Gonna go finish it here in a bit.
  4. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    My Millenium Falcon is done as well and holds a place of honor in my collection. I [face_love] it!

My newest installment of Legos has been the Flash Speeder and the new Mini Building Sets which include the Falcon, AT-AT, Y-Wing Fighter, MTT, and Republic Gunship. They are bigger than the last mini set, but still mini. VERY :cool:!

I don't know if you all have seen them yet so here you go:

Mini Millenium Falcon

Mini AT-AT

Mini Republic Gunship

Mini MTT

When you buy those four, the pieces for a free Mini Y-Wing Fighter come with them.
  5. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh I almost forgot to tell you all...

They have a new Hailfire Droid as well!

:D
  6. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks good, although the mini AT-AT...eh Must go get though!

7. Jedi_Webb Jedi Master

star 3
    This is the first time I saw this thread... YYYYAAAAYYYYY for LEGOS! For a while I thought I was the only one that still liked LEGOS as an adult, I'm glad I how have an official support group for my "problems". ;) I have a lot of old posts to read...
  8. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    First time??? *pokes you with a stick made of LEGOs* Where have YOU been? :D

9. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    The first step is to admit that you have a problem.
  10. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    I would say join the Brotherhood, but seeing as I'm a girl and all, and I started this thread....

WELCOME TO THE LEGOHOOD!!!

Just curious to see what all you have in your Lego collection there Webb. I'm pretty much a Star Wars Lego freak. Here is my collection:

K3913: Star Wars Keychain Kit: Darth Maul, Darth Vader, & Luke Skywalker Keychains
    3219: Mini TIE Fighter
    3342: Chewbacca & 2 Biker Scouts
    4475: Jabba?s Message
    4476: Jabba?s Prize
    4477: T-16 Skyhopper
    4478: Geonosian Fighter
    4479: TIE Bomber
    4480: Jabba?s Palace
    4483: AT-AT
    4484: Mini X-Wing Fighter & TIE Advanced with free mini TIE Bomber
    4485: Mini Anakin?s Podracer & Sebulba?s Podracer
    4486: Mini AT-ST & Snowspeeder
    4487: Mini Jedi Starfighter & Slave I 4488: Mini Millennium Falcon with free mini Y-Wing Fighter
    4489: Mini AT-AT
    4490: Mini Republic Gunship
    4491: Mini MTT
    7101: Lightsaber Duel
    7103: Jedi Duel
    7104: Desert Skiff
    7106: Droid Escape
    7110: Landspeeder
    7111: Droid Fighter
    7113: Tusken Raider Encounter
    7115: Gungan Patrol
    7119: Twin-Pod Cloud Car
    7124: Flash Speeder
    7127: Imperial AT-ST
    7131: Anakin?s Podracer
    7133: Bounty Hunter Pursuit
    7139: Ewok Attack
    7143: Jedi Starfighter
    7144: Classic Slave I
    7146: Tie Fighter
    7153: Jango Fett?s Slave I w/ bonus cargo case
    7161: Gungan Sub
    7166: Imperial Shuttle
    7180: B-Wing at Rebel Control Center
    7190: Millenium Falcon
    7200: Final Duel I
    7201: Final Duel II
    7203: Jedi Defense I
    7204: Jedi Defense II
    10030: Imperial Star Destroyer

11. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    Pssh, you only have ONE Star Destroyer?
  12. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And soon...soon...SOON...

I, too, will have a Star Destroyer. :D
  13. Jedi_Webb Jedi Master

star 3
    Wenchy.. I'M NOT WORTHY, I'M NOT WORTHY.... :)
  14. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    You could always go to that ebay auction. There's a guy selling his entire collection, and he has almost everything.
  15. Master-Yulen-Ood Jedi Padawan

Holy cow Wenchy, that's a LOT of Legos! I thought I had a bunch.

So let me ask anyone who dares answer, (I have quite the collection myself so don't take this the wrong way), but what do you do with them once you've built them? Is there some grand purpose in them other than stimulating our creativity and satisfying our craving for anything Star Wars? Do you use them as props for role playing? Has anyone ever made a Brick Flick (a Lego movie - it's like clay-mation only with legos)? Mine are currently in hiding, it keeps my wife from knowing what a child I really am.

16. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    crazybirdman: For now...just for now. :D

Webb: :D Why do I get a kick out of you sayin' that? [face_laugh] :D [face_devil]

Master-Yulen-Ood: [face_shocked] What do you do with them? You build them, put them in a place of glory and honor, you dust them, you polish them, you hide behind locked doors caressing them and playing with them, you dream of them, you....

**Cough**

Ummm...you just look at 'em...yeah. ;)

Hey, we really should get all of our collections together and make a movie...that would be soooo fun!

17. Jedi_Webb Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes!! FanFilm with LEGOS!! We'll make some LEGO mini-figs of PFF members, and have them dub in their own voices! :)
  18. Master-Yulen-Ood Jedi Padawan

Count me in on the Lego Fan Film!! That would be sweet! brickfilms.com is a good site for resources and links to free software for stop motion animation for the pc user - I only have a mac as of yet.
  19. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    HOODY HOO! That sounds awesome Webb!

I'll have to check out the software for this.

This could be a real possibility!

:D
  20. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    WOOHOO! I finally got my AT-AT! I settled on just one for now, hehe. Also picked up 2 new Bionicles, the mini AT-AT & Falcon! Birdman is happy.

If you want to make a LEGO movie why not just use the LEGO movie studios set? Seems like it would be a good idea. Plus a little bird told me it was 1/2 off at the LEGO store in Anahiem. Actually, all of the studio sets are 1/2 off. I should go get Spiderman. . . bye.
  21. Master-Yulen-Ood Jedi Padawan

Hey Birdman, if you really want to know the answer to that question If you want to make a LEGO movie why not just use the LEGO movie studios set? you should really go to the site I mentioned above. The folks there have competitions and awards for their flicks and are really into it and have learned a few things in the process. They suggest that the Lego Studios stuff will work and it has worked for many people. However, even the Lego employees used other stuff to create shorts to advertise the product. I think it was a resolution issue, but I'm not sure. A while ago they had a short SW one up - it was cool! At any rate, the folk at brickfilms.com recommend a digital camcorder or a webcam (CCD is better than CMOS) and alternative software for best results. They also have a wealth of information and tutorials, including tips on bluescreening and adding special effects (like maybe lighsaber blades or blaster shots).
  22. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
  23. aztrooper0013 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Holy crap!

Someone actually paid $860 for that???

Good lord, maybe I need to sell some of my custom stuff too.....
  24. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, good to see your name around here once again, Kevin.
  25. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Damn it! They sold it?! I was counting my pennies! ;)

Well, maybe next time...
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.