main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Lego Lovers Enter Here

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    OMG!!! LEGO IS MAKING A CLOUD CITY SET WITH LANDO!!!! It will be set #10123!!!

It will have the C3P0, Cloud City Leia, Darth Vader, Lando, Stormtrooper, Han, and Boba Fett minifigs from what I can see on the pic at the From Bricks to Bothans website!!!

YIPPEEE! :D

Here is their small article on the set:

"Well how about that - bet you weren't expecting that one, and if you were a lucky attendee at the LEGO Direct Q&A last night at BrickFest, then you were able to check this one out first hand.

We are once again privileged to bring you a first look at another exciting product from LEGO Direct. Starting next month, this will be available to order through both LEGO Shop@Home and LEGOShop.com; it will follow through to LEGO Outlets from there. No retail at this time.

Looks like the debate over skin tone for Lando can now thankfully be resolved; I for one am happy with the final decision and may be just as excited about a new LONG OVERDUE Leia. Very cool. Throw in a new Luke and check the new paint deco on Boba as well. Check it good, because there is another first there; printing on minifig arms. Boba now has the distinction of being the most decorated minifig in the history of the company. He even has print on his belt. Seven minifigs all together.

Think of this more like a playscene than a playset; what you have here are the memorable moments from the floating city; Luke's fateful battle with Vader, the shock from the dining hall and of course the carbon freezing chamber (where are the Ugnaughts?). There are a handful of interactive elements - windows fall away and Han can be dropped into the chamber.

So I can hear what you're thinking - you want a better image of the minifigs? Here, chew on this and oh what the heck, here's an image of the final box art as well.

Not a bad 'off year' huh? Your #1 Most Wanted Set in the AT-AT, and now your #1 MW Minifig as well.

Eager to have this one in hand? You should be able to preorder it on Monday . . . "

2. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I am not really impressed. Most of he people just want the minifigs in this set. I think this would have worked much better as three smaller sets. All I really want is the Lando minifig. But I''m glad they are coming up with new sets, it just opens the door for bigger and/or better things! Like a UCS AT-AT!! or maybe we will finally get a set with the rancor and the rancor keeper to go under Jabba's palace! Or his sail barge?!

3. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    I want a lego ICMG...

4. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    ICMG...why is that not clicking in my head? Enlighten me?

5. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Ice
    Cream
    Maker
    Guy

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i finally finished my jedi start fighter. i didnt do it forever cause i though that i had the wrong part. but it turns out i had built a piece wrong so that is why it didnt match up. so i am now looking for a new set. i will prob go to walmart and grab a discounted set.

7. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Good luck with your Starfighter Birr!

Choad...I don't think they'll be marketing the Lego Ice Cream Maker guy anytime soon...

That'll have to be a custom build or minifig.

Oh, did I mention you're just wierd? ;) [face_devil] [face_laugh]

Luvs yew! [face_laugh]

8. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Did you guys see they are making another X-wing? It has Dagobah Luke, and Yoda's house! No you can recreate your favorite scenes from the swamp!
    It's not up on the website yet, but it's on the back of the newest catalog

9. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    OH MY GOSH!!!! Really?!! AHHHH!

That is so cool!

10. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I found the second wave of Lego mini-figs at a TRU at the Scottsdale Pavillions over the weekend. They are pretty :cool:.

11. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Info on the new Dagobah Lego set... Here

The From Bricks to Bothans website has even better pics and info.

12. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Hey guys...has anyone here ever glued a LEGO set together to make it less fragile?

If so, what glue do you use that won't look bad or damage the blocks on contact?

I am considering gluing together some of my more precious sets to prevent loosing those itty bitty pieces that love to fall off and hide in the carpet or the dark recesses of some animal's insides.

Any info/suggestions would be appreciated.

13. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Use a thinned down ABS cement. That's what LEGO uses themselves on all thier massive creations at the various LEGOlands across the globe. Why? Because LEGO are ABS plastic! :)

14. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Thanks aztrooper0013! Will do.

15. aztrooper0013

Jan 27, 2002
    Oh yeah! Be sure to use the milky white kind, not the black kind.

Also, I'm honestly not sure what you can use to thin ABS cement....I would ask someone at a hardware store what they think would work for thinning it out.

16. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Gottcha. I'll ask around and test some junk bricks before I do anything drastic. Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it.

:D

17. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    legos. need more legos. arghh!

18. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    I picked up Lego R2D2 from KB the other day on sale. :) He's soooo cool, his legs actually work.

19. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Rock on Webb!

I've pre-ordered my Cloud City set and the X-Wing Dagobah set too.

Yes, I'm an addict.

The other day I was talking with my husband about my "dream house". When we got to the subject of decorating he blurted out, "You are only allowed ONE Star Wars room."

I looked at him and said, "But HONEY! I need one room for my Star Wars Legos alone! What about my action figures and books, and posters?!!!"

20. Admiral_Palpetine

Admiral_Palpetine Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2003
    I have not bought Star Wars Legos in a long time. Every time i make a set my little brother plays with it and messes it up. But a LANDO set would be tight!

I also think they should come out with LOTR Legos But dont you think that wouls be pretty cool. I already make ring wraiths:

1: Take a complete black suit, with a cape and Emperor Palpetine's hood.
    2: Then just add Boba Fett's blank black face, and you got it! :D

21. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    WOOHOO!!! i got two sets. the endor set and the tusken set. both were marked down.

and did anyone see the maul bust is the fall catalogue. its so cool!

22. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    I believe the LOTR franchise decided to conduct business with another block-type company.

23. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Yeah, some crappy brand like Megablocks got he LotR liscense. They are really dumb sets too. a tree a Frodo, and a door.
    LEGO uses MEK to glue their sets, but I'm not sure if you can buy that in small amounts.

24. aztrooper0013

Jan 27, 2002
    For those in the Phoenix metro area, I will be on a panel at CopperCon 23 on LEGO. I will be bringing some of my custom works from my Building Empires website as well, so if you've ever wanted to see these up close, be sure to be at CopperCon 23 this coming weekend.

25. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Is there an admission fee to hear your talk, Kevin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.