main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lego mass murderer playset

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Poutine, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
  2. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    i had to resurect this thread caus i just read that in january wave of ep2 figs. a tusken with removable head listed. pretty interesting.

3. Darth_Poutine

Darth_Poutine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2002
    Removable head you say?

[face_devil]

4. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Wow, this was all the way down on page 62. I feel that it is my solemn duty to share the greatness that is the "Lego mass murderer playset" thread with everyone else.

5. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Loved this thread!! [face_laugh] [face_devil]

6. Loyal-Guard

Loyal-Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Maybe the figure's head is fine and it's the body that is removable.

7. MobartZmuda

MobartZmuda Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Man, I recently purchased the Tusken Raider with Massiff from the '02 lineup (#52), and let me tell you, it's head is not removable. I was very, very disappointed. I had read about a Tusken Raider toy with a removable head on-line and as soon as I walked out of the store with the latest version, I opened it up and tried my hardest to pull it's damn head off, but alas, I had been deceived.

Supposedly, the Tusken Raider with removable head is going to be in the '03 lineup from what I've read on-line. Hopefully, that will turn out to be true, but I'm not getting my hopes up again.

8. Biddybot

Biddybot Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    I like the "Strap your Mom to the Rack Anakin with Riverdance kick action" figure set. :D You can see him at the RT's Star Wars Action Figure Humor site (//members.tripod.com/balancetotheforce/) in the 'Power of the Farce' section.

That awful-looking Anakin figure that comes in the set with the slice 'n' dice Geonosian looks great lying on his back, writhing in apparant agony, face contorted and screaming, as the angry Geonosian takes his revenge with the nasty future Sith Lord's own lightsabers. It also puts him down at a good level to be gnawed upon by an enthusiastic massiff or two.

9. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/raiders.jpg]

10. JediMaster41589

JediMaster41589 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    wasn't there the big taun taun by hasbro that came with a battered luke figure. i think u could open its chest cavity and stuff luke inside. also, wasn't there a luke figure that had a removeable hand and the face was a bloody mess?

LMAO

11. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I remember when my friend and I were at Zellers, and we saw an ESB Luke figure with removable hand (sorry don't know if anyone mentioned this before.) I find it kinda sick- hilarious yet sick at the same time. ;) They must be kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel!

12. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh yes, Bespin Duel Luke (#29 from '02 series) is sweet! He's got a bloody face and his hand is removable. Some lucky folks, such as myself, have the toy with the magnet hand instead of that stupid flesh or silver colored peg. I hate the pegs, I love the magnets.

The hanger duel Anakin (#22 from '02) also has a removable lower arm. I'll never forget watching Jay Leno a couple nights before AOTC hit theaters and watching Leno banging the hanger duel Anakin toy against his desk to show how easy the hand came off--Leno thought it was a mistake. Poor Hayden was like "well, um, I don't want to give anything away". Damn you Jay Leno! Because of you I was spoiled.

13. kittenmommy

kittenmommy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2001

Lord_Hydronium wrote:

Action figures coming soon to a store near you:
    EV9-D9, with real droid-torturing action!
    Owen and Beru, burned corpse version!
    Cliegg Lars, with detachable leg, Shmi-in-a-sack, and empty grave! Kids can have hours of fun staging their very own funeral!
    Bespin Han Solo, complete with painful torturing device!
    Corpsy the Ewok!
    Bucket o' Dead Rebels, so you can make your battles as real as possible!

Plus, the Ultimate Amputee Pack!
    Includes: Darth Maul, Tusken Raider, Zam Wessel, Jango Fett, Hangar Duel Anakin, Ponda Baba, Wampa, Bespin Luke, and Final Duel Vader! Spend hours reliving Star Wars as you remove important appendages from the characters you love! It's great for kids!

For fans of the OT:

The Imperial Torture Set: Death Star Edition! Comes with: Darth Vader, Torture droid and Screaming Leia. Sodium Pentathol and other hypnotic drugs sold separately. A physician's prescription is required.

The Imperial Torture Set: Bespin Edition! includesTorture Rack and Howling Han. Darth Vader and Rat B**tard Fink Traitor Lando sold separately. Batteries not included.

14. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    the tusken with removable head is this
    one

15. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    Cool, thanks for the link. You would think that the removable head tusken would be the one that came with the massiff though since they were the ones guarding Shmi's hutt. Oh well, at least I know that there really is a removable head Tusken coming out. :)

16. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    I love how this LEGO set is called "Tusken encounter". Sounds like Anakin is going to discover some new friends and either play with them or pet them.

17. kittenmommy

kittenmommy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2001

TheVioletBurns wrote:

"Lego: fun for the whole family!"

Unless you're a Tusken family, that is!

This is hilarious.

And disturbing! I agree with what people have written abou the name - "Tusken ENCOUNTER". Ha.

18. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    [image=http://starwars.org.pl/news/2002/lego7113.jpg]

Is it just me or are both Anakin and those Tuskens disturbingly happy considering what's about to happen?

19. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    Yeah, Sophita, the Anakin lego has a slight smirk to him but it's hard to tell if the Tuskens are happy or what not because they have this cheezy looking painted on mask.

What's funny about the Anakin lego is that he's got Luke's hair cut from ROTJ instead of his padawan haircut from AOTC. I guess it's hard to make a lego have hair like that though.

20. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    [face_laugh]

"Disturbingly Happy"

ahhhh needless violence, gotta love it

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
  22. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Awesome!!

23. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Upping this for nostalgia's sake. :p

24. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/sw0306tuskenraidertcaheadless.jpg]
    Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well...

25. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Hasbro had an action figure that does too. They also make a Bespin Luke with detachable right hand.

I can see it now for Episode III : Anakin Skywalker with melted body battle damage!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.