LEGO News

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City, OK' started by Silent_Jedi, Oct 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    This just in from the FWIW department:

I just received the new LEGO Shop @ home catalog and Christmas came early!!!!

The original X-wing set that was sold in 1999 is available again for only $29.99!! I've seen these same sets on ebay for upwards of $50!!

Also, re-released is the TIE Fighter and Y-wing set for 49.99, I got this one on ebay for less than retail a while back, but nice to see that they are re-releasing things!

Another one that is an internet/phone exclusive is the B-wing with Rebel Control Center for $29.99. These generally run much less on ebay.

Now for the biggie!! The Imperial Star Destroyer has been backordered for shipment on Dec 6, 2002 due to unforseen demand for the product??!! (Like every one doesn't want a fleet of these!) Also, the special introductory price of $269 is only good till Dec 31st and if you order over $99, you get free shipping! (wow a bargain)

All of the above sets are online exclusives, they are not in stores anymore, but can more than likely be found on ebay with the exception of the SD, which hasn't shown up yet.

Phone 1-800-453-4652
    Online Lego.com

If the Millenium Falcon fiasco is anything to judge by, get these sets NOW! I got my Falcon set for $99 on the LEGO site eventhough they were slightly cheaper on ebay, well now they are going for twice that on ebay and aren't even available through LEGO anymore.

Enjoy!
  2. Silent_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Toys R Us (TRU) is offering a FREE Droid Escape LEGO set with the purchase of any LEGO Star Wars purchase of $14.99 or more. The coupon is in their insert in the Sunday paper or it's available online. Offer good 11/3 thru 11/20.
  3. Silent_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Bummer news--
    Looks like the date for delivery of the ISD has been pushed to December 17th.

On the upside, the UCS Darth Maul Bust is on sale for $119.99, and, the UCS Naboo starfighter is available gift-wrapped.

Also, in case you missed it on the official site or here at tf.n, if you renew or subscribe to SW Insider you will receive an exclusive bagged LEGO mini-TIE set. These LEGO mini sets will start showing up next year, but the TIE will not be available through LEGO, only through this offer or probably ebay. This is only while supplies last, and I was unable to determine if there are any left.

Subscribe to Insider here

4. Silent_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Just got a confirmation email from LEGO.com that my Star Destroyer has shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As of 10:05PM it was departing Hartford, CT

:D
  5. xwing25 Jedi Knight

star 2
    congrads now i wish i could get mine :(
  6. Silent_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    IT'S HERE!!!!

Holy Sith it's HUGE!!

I'll post some pictures of the box and the instruction catalog soon. You gotta see the size of the instructions!!

7. xwing25 Jedi Knight

star 2
    can i come and help put it together :) i really like legos
  8. petmytauntaun Force Ghost

star 3
    For any who are interested.

The '03 sets are starting to show up.

At the Belle Isle Wally World the night before last they had the following:

T-16
    Geonosian Fighter
    Tie Bomber
    Jabba's Prize

Now if the Mini-sets would just start showing up.

9. forcewhispers Jedi Padawan

I got my mini TIE fighter, so watch for them to start showing up.
  10. xwing25 Jedi Knight

star 2
    mine showed up also on sat.
  11. darthwalls Jedi Knight

I got both of mine saturday also!:)
  12. Boba-Fatt Jedi Padawan

How much did you pay for the TIE Fighter?
  13. xwing25 Jedi Knight

star 2
    i got both of mine free from lego
  14. Boba-Fatt Jedi Padawan

free?!? how'd you get them free?
  15. xwing25 Jedi Knight

star 2
    you had to sign up for it about a month ago though the starwars.com only 5000 entrys got them
  16. xwing25 Jedi Knight

star 2
    legos on clearance at target go and get them while you can
  17. xwing25 Jedi Knight

star 2
    the new legos are starting to show up now at tru and targets i've seen the bomber, both small jabba pallace sets ,skyhopper ,and the Geonosian fighter
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.