main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Lego shop at home...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jp-30, Sep 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I know it's coming here eventually (LEGO shop @ home, that is), but I want access to this Blockade Runner NOW :(

(Not that I could afford it at the moment...)

10018 Darth Maul
    1,860 pieces, $149.99
    Jedi, beware - Darth Maul lives again in this striking bust, perfect for display in your home. The Dark Lord of the Sith makes a menacing model and a great addition to any Star Wars collection. Highly detailed and realistic, this Darth Maul bust stands over 43cm tall.

10019 Rebel Blockade Runner
    1,748 pieces, $199.99
    Slipping through an Imperial blockade is almost impossible - unless you're flying the Rebel Blockade Runner! With more than 1,700 pieces, this Corellian corvette model is so detailed and realistic you'll be ready to launch your own covert mission against the Empire. Built to scale, the Rebel Blockade Runner measures 71cm x 28cm x 17cm and features LEGO bricks in an all-new colour - dark red. Add this amazing model to your classic Star Wars collection.

These two sets will be available for pre-order NEXT WEEK. Monday by phone and on the net by the end of the week. These are LEGO Shop at Home EXCLUSIVES that will be available to every country with Shop at Home service. A special thank you to Brad Justus for providing FBTB.net with this announcement. And I'll tell you, these models will NOT disappoint - we'll have pics sometime next week!

Images at FBTB

<drool>

2. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    from this lugnet post;
    http://news.lugnet.com/loc/nz/?n=123

We read;
    As far as I know Shop @ Home is now available in some countries around the
    world and the latest plan has Australia and NZ as being onboard before the
    end of 2001.

Regards,
    Steven Pensini
    LEGO Australia Pty Ltd

Fingers crossed!

3. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    What I want is a little lego Darth Vader. On the lego website, they've got the figures by themselves, in three packs, but they don't release them in NZ.

4. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I bet no one has a lego Radiant VII.
    I love lego, so easy to make custom models ;)

5. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Kit twrote;
    >>What I want is a little lego Darth Vader. On the lego website, they've got the figures by themselves, in three packs, but they don't release them in NZ. <<

I got some friend in the US to send over those 3 different minifig packs. And I also got a 2nd Vader in the Y-Wing / Vader's Tie set (but I'm not willing to part with one, I'm sorry)

Anyway, next year there will be cheap sets available (under NZ$20) with Vader, in NZ.

(Check out the 2002 sets in the upcoming set descriptions on fbtb.net)

6. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    that fbtb page wont load for me, oh well. I guess i'd just be drooling if it did.

I got the lego ATST for my birthday, love the wee chewie figure. scout troopers are cool too!

I'm planning on making a lego star destroyer, trouble is I need lots of grey bits and theyre all tied up in a huge castle, I made it about 5 years ago and cant bring myself to smash it.

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Here's some direct links to the images to cut-&-paste. Maybe these will load for you?

http://www.fbtb.net/novucs/RBR1.jpg
    http://www.fbtb.net/novucs/RBR2.jpg
    http://www.fbtb.net/novucs/RBR3.jpg
    http://www.fbtb.net/novucs/darthmaul1.jpg
    http://www.fbtb.net/novucs/darthmaul2.jpg

8. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    dont worry I finally got into the site.
    The blockade runner is awesome! Ithink the maul bust looks a bit funny though.

9. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    oooo I can't wait for the final duel sets. I can finally have a multi-trilogy show down between Luke, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Darth Maul, Darth Vader, the Emperor, and of course, Jar Jar :) and we all know who's going to triumph, don't we???

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    [image=http://www.sigmainstitute.com/ws/news_images/jarjar.jpg]

Meesa?

11. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    For those interested in the Lego, I stumbled across this website recently: BrickBay.

You can buy/search for complete sets or just parts from anywhere in the world (although some don't ship internationally).

I had a quick look, but could find any Darth Vaders - at least not complete, I did find a head. :)

There's even a two New Zealand places listed.

I can't say how trustworthy any of them are though.

12. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Awww, what a cute picture of Jar Jar! And he just looks like he's saying Meesa too. Awwwwww.

Thanks for the site, Buzz, one for my bookmarks.

13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Good news at FBTB.net's forums (well, I think I read a while back NZ gets "Lego shop @ home" same time as Aussie);

http://pub82.ezboard.com/fthefbtbcommunityfrm1.showMessage?topicID=228.topic

I was told by Brad Justus himself (who in a nutshell is the guy who oversees the shop.LEGO.com service) that the Aussies WILL HAVE service BEFORE the holidays, which means it is coming up in the next couple of months.

So just be patient, and you'll be able to order it yourself

14. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    speaking of lego parts, anyone have a spare red radar dish? need one for my republic cruiser.

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    YAHOOOOOOO!

Posted today at the http://www.fbtb.net news page;

Shop @ Home in Australia
    10.02.01 Tim

As announced late last week at LUGNET, shop.LEGO.com services will be available to Australia and New Zealand starting this Thursday the 4th. Plans are to bring phone service to these two countries in the future. So there you go, now the Aussies can get their minifig sets and 10018 and 10019 . . .

16. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    does this mean your gonna get the Corevtte or the Darth Maul statue?!

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Def. not getting the Maul bust. I'd love the Blockadee Runner, but I'll have to wait to see the price.

I have more pressing uses for $500+ than buying little plastic bricks, sadly.

Nice to know the option is there though, should I come into some money or something.

Anyway, there will be lots of other smaller sets that are hard to find in shops that will become available. I just wonder if they will be any cheaper through shop.lego.com than at NZ retail.

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    :)

NZ Shop at home now up!

http://shop.lego.com/default.asp

Blockade runner is NZ$395 (cf. US$200, in the US Shop @ home section).

Maul sculpture is NZ$296

2 Star Wars Minifig packs can be purchased.

Prices are about the same as regular retail, but it's nice to have the range at your fingertips. (Though no b-wing, which I can't find in shops anymore either).

19. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    H and J's has got a b-wing cant remeber the price thought

20. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I vaguely remember seeing a B-wing somewhere not too long ago, but I can't recall where. :(

It might have been the Newmarket Toyworld, they seem to have quite a collection of the big sets - must be some rich people around there.

I'll keep an eye out in future shop visits.

It's good to have the NZ shop online, but who's donating to me all the money to pay for this Lego. :p

21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Don't bother looking for a b-wing on my belalf - I think I'll try & save up for the Corvette.

Funny how the Corvette has 1748 pieces, and is $35 odd bucks cheaper than the UCS X-wing which has 1304 pieces.

I guess the price difference has to do with the direct-to-consumer-only method of purchase.

And Kitt - the 3 pack with Vader is available for NZ$13 (also has Maul & Emperor), it's in the "Episode I" section, not the classic section though.

22. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm blind. There is a b-wing at shop.lego.com!

23. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I was just about to post a message to say the B-wing was there. :)

It's a pity that the prices are still so expensive though. :(

The website also seems to be painfully slow at updating the screen in my version of Netscape (I haven't tried Explorer yet).

BTW: Those "Gungan Patrol" packs are only $20 at the Warehouse at the moment.

24. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    What's the shipping like? I'd imagine that would be pretty expensive too.

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    you don't want to know :(

for orders under nz$50, postage is... NZ$70

for orders over nz$300, postage is NZ$120

The rates vary for orders between $50 & 300

How ridiculous.

A 3 minifig pack will cost you NZ$82.95

There's only one delivey option, "express", but next year they will offer other methods. I hope one is cheap-as surface mail, cause there's no way on earth I can get anything under that pricing structure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.