main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Lego shop at home...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jp-30, Sep 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

They obviously didn't think this through properly.

It said somewhere there that some sets weren't available in some countries, etc. So what they should be doing is forwarding orders to Lego NZ/Australia for them to process and deliver. The warehouses there should already have all the "allowable" sets in stock.

Except that Lego NZ/Australia probably can't cope with processing orders like ONE minifig pack for little Johnny who lives 75km outside Taupo.

Yet another case of an eBusiness being bunged online with no real thought just for the sake of the company being seen to to be bang up-to-date with the latest technology.

:(

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, they have said there will be new shipping options in 2002. Maybe then there will be a secondary "Pacific" distribution center?

The other option is to try and track down 4 or so people who want to order something, and then split the postage.

Or do what I was planning anyway - get the set delivered to a friend in the US and have them surface mail it to me :(

But yes, stupid of lego to offer a service that is totally and utterly useless due to something as easy to fix as having multiple delivery options, or setting up local distribution centers.

3. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    The shipping costs from the US/UK aren't too much better - the main problem of living so far from everywhere else. :(

A really good option is if you know someone going over for a holiday/business and get them to bring some back for free.

Oh well, back to dreaming. :)

The "Wish List" option on their website probably isn't a good idea either - my Wish List would probably cripple their server. :D

4. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    My wish list includes their entire Harry Potter collection :D

5. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Looked at the site,some cool stuff but that postage is insane.
    the problem with ebusiness is that nobody really know what is it or how to use it.
    most people create stuff without using their common sense first.

think i will stick to the hasbro figures.

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    >> A really good option is if you know someone going over for a holiday/business and get them to bring some back for free <<

That won't help if you're after the "Shop At Home" exclusives (such as the Blockade Runner), sadly.

And lego on our shop shelves is actually VERY well priced by world standards (especially when you pick up items on sale at the Warehouse!)

7. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I was at the St Lukes (Auckland) K-Mart branch today and they had about 12 Lego "B-Wing Control Centre" packs if that's the B-Wing you meant. They were $50 each.

And in the ToyWorld branch downstairs they had one of the large Lego TIE Fighters and a Lego X-Wing. The X-wing is only about $465. :(

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Thanks Buzz. Those b-wings are CHEAP. I will check it out after my next pay (which is monthly, tragically).

The UCS models are amazing, but I could do so much more with $400+ than buy small plastic bricks ;)

9. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    //waves hand infront of jp-30//

"You will buy small plastic bricks"

10. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    //waves hand infront of SithForceLord//

"You will buy jp-30 small plastic bricks"

:D

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    what? you think your some kind of jedi, weaving your hand like that?! Mind trinks no work on me.

ill buy jp small plastic bricks for X-mas, if he wants. or in another 359days (his next B/Day :p)

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It's true - jedi mind tricks don't work on SFL.

Nor does nagging (lord knows I've told him the difference between "your" and "you're" 10 times in the last few months). You never know, it just may be the 1/2 mark in Bursary English that makes all the difference :p

Nagging is the perogative of older brothers on younger ones. That and beating them at cricket on the back lawn (until such age as younger brother begins beating elder on regular basis. At that point, cricket is ceased to be played altogether...) ;)

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh, okay ... um ...

//waves hand infront of jp-30//

"You will buy Buzz Bumble LOTS of small plastic bricks"

:D

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    <shakes head>

you seem to be the only person who cares bout my... about my grammar and spelling. i dont care bout your and you're on the net. do you see capital letters? :p do you see any punctuation for contractions?

anyway back to lego...

[jp only played cricket with me cause i was so small i couldnt, physically hit 6's :p ;)]

15. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Awww, you two are so sweet. All my brothers do is fight. You'd think they'd have grown out of it once they moved out/got jobs/got married etc, but Nooooooo. It's just like when we were growing up, and I always had to sit between them on long car journeys, or else they would be killing each other before we got there. Brothers. Sheesh.

16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I used to take my "fighting" agression out on SFL by playing Jedi Knight against him.

But now he whips my ass at it, so that's not a goer either. Damn teenagers.

JP-30 vs SFL.

cricket :(
    Jedi Knight :(
    Spelling & Grammar :)

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    SFL vs jp-30
    cricket :)
    JK :)
    GBG (when comes out) :)
    JK2 outcast (when comes out) :)
    the list goes on :p hehe

spelling and grammar and general school :( (lol)

//on a side note - anyone here have Age of Empires?//

EDIT = sorry way off topic (been at games too long) back to lego!

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    2002 LEGO PICS NOW UP!

http://www.fbtb.net/

We have Cloud Car, Emperor's Throne Room, Ewok Glider & Catapult, and some SWEET Droidekas.

There's Ep2 LEGO in the works too, but I doubt we'll see those until AOTC is released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.