main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lego Star Wars or Revenge of the Sith?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Prequel_Dreamer, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    I've been trying to decide whether to purchase the Lego Star Wars game or RotS. Now for a lot of gamers out there you would just get both. Can't do that. I don't play often enough to justify that much cash spent. I play often enough to get one game.

The reviews I've read seem to paint the Lego game in a very postive light and RotS in not so bright a light. Lego Star Wars seems to get praised for its humor and lighthearted game play and RotS seems to get condemned for looking pretty but for having poor game play.

Which should I buy?

RotS looks cool but if the game play is poor then its a waste of time. And the movie clips aren't motivation enough for me since I'll have it on DVD in six months anyway.

Lego Star Wars seems to appeal to the whimsy in me. But RotS looks like it could satisfy my blood lust.

Any he'p would be hot.

2. jedicri

jedicri Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    I have both games.

LEGO Star Wars (PC version). More entertaining and far more re-playability.

3. darthaxp

darthaxp Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2003
    i have both also. if i had to choose, i would go w/ lego. however, rots is a good rental.

4. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I don't own Lego but get Lego Wars

5. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Rots for me. Lego is fun, but a little kiddie for me.

The co op on ROTS could almost be its own game.

6. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    my 4 year old loves the Lego game...and it is rather enjoyable...and less spoilerish

7. Prequel_Dreamer

Mar 28, 2004
    How does The Duel in RotS compare to The Duel in LSW?

8. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    ROTS appears to have some bad reviews going for it. I don't know, though, since I haven't played it myself. It certainly LOOKS cool.

Lego Star Wars, though, is just such a unique concept and it spans all three prequel movies that I think that's the better value. It is a cheaper game.

9. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    OPTION 3: CHIM LOVE.

10. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Oh I don't know, I plan on getting both games. I want to build up my Star Wars game collection.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    How does The Duel in RotS compare to The Duel in LSW?

The Duel in Lego Star Wars may be the worst level of the game. The Duel in ROTS is one of the best levels.

I liked ROTS better, but the Battle Of Coruscant in LEGO is absolutely awesome.

12. Prequel_Dreamer

Mar 28, 2004
    Do you fight space battles in RotS or is it just a beat 'em up?

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just a slice and dice.

But the saber combat in ROTS is unbelievably superior to combat in Lego, that can't be contested.

14. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    I found LEGO Star Wars to be a much better game to play. It has more fun factor and WAY more replay value. I am very bummed about RotS. I already sold my copy.

15. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    It seems that LSW is the better game, but ROTS offers better lightsabre combat.

I have LSW (not played the Ep3 levels natch) and own ROTS but haven't played it. It's surprising how much fun you can get out of the LSW combat, but at the end of the day I'd expect the ROTS version to be much more 'grown-up' and superior.

Depends what your focus is. If you want a ROTS game for the lightsabres, get the ROTS videogame. If you want a ROTS game for anything else, with some TPM and AOTC action thrown in, get LSW.

You really need both :p But that's what I'd say...it depends on your focus.

It determines your reality, remember? :p

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I have both for PS2 but haven't played RoTS yet - am having too much fun playing the Lego game. However, if RoTS is as bad as some people are saying, why not buy Lego now and wait til RoTS shows up in the secondhand game bins?

17. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    It only have ROTS for PS2, but I love it. Simple gameplay and loads of jedi action.

Co-op is fun with a friend,

18. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I heard someone in 3NSA say that the ROTS videogame was like a souped-up Jedi Power Battles.

If you got some entertainment out of that (I did), then give it a whirl I guess.

19. Prequel_Dreamer

Mar 28, 2004
    I heard someone in 3NSA say that the ROTS videogame was like a souped-up Jedi Power Battles.

Yeah, I didn't like Jedi Power Battles very much. I was hoping for something closer to TPM for the old PSX. Sort of a game where you have the freedom to run around in the Star Wars universe, interact with other characters, and even have a lot of side missions. I don't really think RotS is for me. I might rent it though.

Lego Star Wars it is.

20. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    RotS isn't an adventure game, which kind of sucks. But for what it is, it's really good, IMO.

It's a basic hack and slash, but it does it with a style that is superior to the LotR games, I think. Or at least superior to LotR: TTT.

I have both games. I enjoy them both. But girls get all giddy when they see that you have LEGO SW.

I think Lego SW might offer the most fun since it has the most variety. The pod racing was awesome. And the battle over Coruscant was also sweet.

RotS also has its badass moments. I dunno. I would say get both...

But since you can't, here's my advice:
    Buy LEGO SW and rent RotS.

21. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Haven't played RotS, but Lego Star Wars gets 2 thumbs up from me. I'm looking at getting the full version pretty soon (played the PC demo, had a blast). It really is good, clean fun, in the truest sense of the word. It's cute, it's colourful, it's got lots of replayability (I played through the demo 3 times and still couldn't find all the canister thingies), and it's a refreshing change from all the grim hack 'n' slash that we see everywhere else. If you don't mind something nice and lighthearted that's just plain cool fun, Lego SW rocks.

22. Prequel_Dreamer

Mar 28, 2004
    It certainly does sound like a fun romp.

23. MasterJedi101

MasterJedi101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    They both own. Revenge of the sith's overall game rating isnt that bad its a 7.6. Lego starwars is good too. But the lightsaber combat in revenge of the sith is SUPERIOR.
    The best characters are actually cin drallig and his apprentice serra keto they add a huge touch to the aditional lightsaber combat and vader actually has a nice fighting style.

24. jedicri

jedicri Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    RotS really amounts to a fight-fest game ---- nothing more, nothing less. There is no adventure, no exploration as in The Phantom Menace and LEGO Star Wars game. RotS gets old real fast. There is no variety. As much as I would have liked to keep this game, I won't. I'll trade it in as soon as my brother gets a stab at it and he'll most likely finish it in under 6 hours or less.

LEGO Star Wars is the way to go....

25. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    ^But you can't really explore anything in Lego SW, either. Except for Dex's Diner, all the other places are pretty much locked down for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.