LEGO Star Wars Original Trilogy The VideoGame News

Discussion in 'Games' started by Indy3, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Indy3 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Giant Interactive Entertainment Ltd, the folks that created the game; have registered the domains

legostarwarstheoriginaltrilogy.com
    legostarwarstheoriginaltrilogy.net
    legostarwarstheoriginaltrilogy.org

It is stated in the whois registry info for those websites. They dont go anywhere except a placeholder page but I'd bet anything come E3 they will open.
  2. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
  3. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  4. Indy3 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah cant wait aswell, hopefully they can include more things since like in the ROTS levels they left out the best parts, Sidious vs Maul, Mace vs Palp
  5. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    :confused:
  6. Indy3 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    In the first LEGO Star Wars video game, they never let the players play the duel with Sidious and Mace, any part of that confrontation nor that Palp vs Yoda duel.

Also, they should have had a way to let players use the vehicles you get throughout the game, instead of just having them outside the restaurant.
  7. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Honestly, the only improvement I could sugest for Lego Star Wars is ensuring that there are no levels as imposible and annoying as the podrace in episode 1 and the gunship chase in episode 2. They were fun the first three times you tried them, but the the remaining 97 attempts you had to make in order to finish them weren't so good. They just need to tweak levels like that, find ways to make them chalenging without being so annoying you want to smash your controller.
  8. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I didn't have any problem with either of those levels. The podrace was one of my favourites. :)
  9. BENSKYWAKER Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked the gunship one, but I hated the podracing...

I think this game will be teh aswome!!!

Lego Star Wars Rocks!!
  10. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    The Pod Race Level and Gunship levels are easy if you enable the invincibility cheat.
  11. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    the whole game is kinda easy with cheats :p

I found the podrace and gunship levels tricky, but fun. The hard part was getting the Jedi Master bar full before crashing and losing studs.

What they really need to do in a sequel would be to make it much, much harder. The original is just too easy - even collecting all the studs and canister parts wasn't that tricky, even without the cheats.

They possibly made the original and thought kids would play it, not realising the massive adult market for that game. I'd suggest have free moving LEGO parts that you could force-move, rather than the predetermined bundles which automatically move into the correct position.

I'd also suggest that you can actually die in the sequel too - that whole thing makes it way way too easy. Perhaps if you died you'd return to the start of a section, or the start of a level.

The levels need to be bigger, and the bosses harder.

Actually, how many bosses would you get in the sequel ? There are only really three fight sequences in the OT, and they are all Darth Vader.
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Death Star. Wampa. AT-ATs. Space Slug. AT-STs. Fett. Jabba. Emperor.

13. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I didn't have any problem with either of those levels. The podrace was one of my favourites.

Then you are a better man than I. :p I was going to scream if I had to do that podrace again...

I don't think the game should be made harder. I really enjoyed the relaxed, fun feel of it. It's the kind of game you play just for some fun and a good laugh, not a massive platforming challenge. It's accesible, it's fun, it doesn't take itself seriously.
  14. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    I agree on the DeathStar trench run - would be cool in LEGO format. However, the other's you've suggested aren't really "boss" material, compared with the duels from the PT that were turned into duels in the LEGO game.

How would LEGO jabba fight ? Fett died in a bit of an accident, and similarly the Emperor didn't do much other than fry Luke.

What I appreciated about the first LEGO game was that it remained reasonably faithful to the movies - ie chronology and the actual people who ended up dueling as "boss" characters. I just don't think anything similar translates from the OT.

Saying that, I really want a sequel LEGO game as there's plenty of locations and missions I can think of. Escape from the deathstar, fighting on Endor, cloud city etc etc
  15. Nal_Hutta Jedi Knight

star 2
    I really cant wait for this game [face_dancing] ....shall be really sweet....

Luke vs lego Rancor = =P~
  16. DroidGeneral Jedi Master

star 4
    HOTH!!!!!

ATTACK ON THE DEATH STAR!!!

SW3333333333333333333333333333T!
  17. Nal_Hutta Jedi Knight

star 2
    yeah....this is going to be soo cool! my mouth is foaming at the thought of all the cool levels and possibilities....

instead of Dexter's Diner....mos Eisly Cantina
  18. Darth_Tynaus Jedi Master

star 4
    Any idea on the release date of this game?
  19. DroidGeneral Jedi Master

star 4
    The site even isn't up yet. It hasn't been announced yet. I'd say... some time early summer.
  20. portman_is_so_fine Force Ghost

star 4
    can't wait. i loved the first one.
  21. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    but Malkie...kids do play it. My daughter loved the game. she still bugs me to play it.

The only levels she had problems with were the Podrace and Gunship levels
  22. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master

star 4
    well, if it hasn't even been anounced yet, we'll probably have to wait until maybe early next year for them to fully develop a worthy sequel. and if there are more boss fights(can't really think of more than 2) then the fighting controls need to be fixed. lego sw isn't all about fighting, so there needs to be more than one attack pattern(ps2 for example: square, square, square, and on and on) instead of one attack button
  23. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    where did I say they didn't ?
  24. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8

I took this line from one of your posts:

They possibly made the original and thought kids would play it, not realising the massive adult market for that game.

as a means to making it harder.
  25. RogueJediOutcast Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you know if it will stll be avilable for the ps2, xbox, and Gamecube, or will it be next gen stuff.