LEGO Star Wars Original Trilogy The VideoGame News

Discussion in 'Games' started by Indy3, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Maulfly Moderator Emeritus

star 7
    I would think Jango should have thermal detonators considering his role in the movie. After all, it's not like the characters are a straight port from your old save. Unless someone knows differently for sure, I want to almost say that having an old save simply unlocks the additional characters in the second game.

As for the other, when this game isn't randomly glitchy it seems to suffer from iffy hit detection. So far the glitches I've run into on my Xbox version seem to be relatively random and not too troublesome on a whole. I replay a level and it'll work the second time around. From some of what I'm hearing in this thread, I'm wondering if the PC version has worse glitch problems...ones that are more persistant in specific areas.

If you've removed the protective cases around those targets and your energy is being maintained by R2 and despite constantly hitting the target (and the area around it) it still won't blow up, I'm not sure how many options you have. Supposedly, if you have selfdestruct, you can have R2 blow up near the target and that'll do the trick. At least it did for one player. Otherwise, the only other thing I can think of is to replay that level until it finally works without the glitch. :(
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I haven't gotten beyond ANH yet so I can't comment on the PS2 version on the Carkoon level. Most of the glitchy stuff I have seen has been some jerky graphics, especially in the Jundland Waste level. There is one part where it sounds like my PS2 is laboring. (It's the section where you have to push the block off the ledge and then make a walkway with the Legos).
  3. Cradok Force Ghost

star 1
    Jar Jar can double jump, but only as far as the Jedi, his super double jump is gone. Also, none of the imported blaster characters can dodge as far as I can tell, so that makes them a bit crap.
  4. Maulfly Moderator Emeritus

star 7
    That sucks, but I guess it's to be expected on some level.

At least that's one of the nice things about playing Force users. The saber seems to make up for inability to dodge if you use it right. More reason to love Maul and his double-bladed saber. :p
  5. JediStarKiller2 Jedi Master

star 4
    I hate how slow the lightsaber attacks are, but I love the Jedi...But I think when playing fast and wanting action Solo, Lando, and Greedo are some of my favorite choices.
  6. Queen_Pixie Jedi Master

star 4
    FINALLY got all the mini-kits, I think all the practice on the one in Jundland wastes paid off, and I was able to get it. Same with the ship ones.

But..I did run into a problem. When playing Super Story, my game(PS2) locked up in the second Endor level. I thought I had seen that problem mentioned earlier. Sucked, because I would've had that Story beat if it hadn't been for that problem. It's the thing I have left to pass.
  7. Maulfly Moderator Emeritus

star 7
    Very true. Lando, Solo, and Chewie tend to be favorites of mine for the gun characters.

Is it just me or are the Bounty Hunters not all created equal? It seems like Bossk tosses the thermal detonators more true than Greedo. And I swear Boba Fett doesn't shoot straight part of the time (kinda like in RotJ...you'd think he was half blind the way his shots were off target). He's great for a quick hover, but for regular shooting work I normally switch out to someone else.
  8. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Greedo shoots pretty straight but I have had a few problems aiming those detonators. Quite a few went over the side of the sandcrawler or into the mud lakes in the Jundland level. So far he is the only hunter I have tried so I really can't compare him to anyone else.
  9. DarthWolvo23 Jedi Master

star 4
    does ne1 have any idea when it will be released on the original xbox in the UK???
  10. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Amazon UK says it is out already but they have it as a special order item. They do have one in the New/Used section but the scalper wants nearly £60 for it!
  11. JediStarKiller2 Jedi Master

star 4
    I feel in speed they are very different. Greedo seems to be a fast character overall..which is why he is my favorite bounty hunter to use. But Bossk always feels really clunky and clumsy to me...and Boba Fett just seems to fire his blaster in slow mode.

I love Greedo..when in doubt use Greedo.
  12. StarWarsFreak444 Force Ghost

star 7
    hey guys do any of you know the code for invincibility?? :)
  13. Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Master

star 4
    I found that some bounty hunters are quicker than others, yes, but other than personal atributes (Ex: Boba Fett can use a jetpack, while the rest of the bounty hunters can't), I can't find anything else they differ in, other than maybe the quickness in which they fire their weapons.

I personally like both Boba Fett and 4-LOM out of all the bounty hunters. 4-LOM is so versatile, he is able to unlock doors accessable only to either astromechs and protocol droids. He fires fairly quickly and can, like the rest of the bounty hunters, throw thermal detanators. I also like Boba Fett, one, because he is one of my favorite bounty hunters and he is equipped with a jetpack, which is really useful at times.

And SWF444 I have no answer to your question, I can look it up and if I find it I'll get back to you.
  14. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    Don't know if there are codes for anything but characters (not in a Google search). Of course, the codes for the various characters don't actually GIVE you the character -- they just make it available for purchase.
  15. Rancorasourous Jedi Knight

star 1
    No codes, you'll just half to find it in death star level 1 or death star level 2(Death star esccape).
  16. The_Reviewer Jedi Padawan

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that our review of Lego Star Wars II has just been posted in the latest episode of our review show Upon Further Review. As you might expect the review was pretty positive, but we'd love to hear your feedback.

The Reviewers
    Upon Further Review
  17. Queen_Pixie Jedi Master

star 4
    For invicibility, you need to find the red power brick in Chapter 4, episode 5. And, it's about 1 million studs to purchase it.

From the Mycheats website:

Invincibility Power Brick Location:

Beginning of the level, select 3PO and enter the door on the left. Construct the Lego pieces on the ground to form a large box, and then use the Force on the box to open it up, revealing the power brick.

18. DarthWolvo23 Jedi Master

star 4
    Does anybody know when it will be available on general release again???

There is something fishy going on here...
  19. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    DarthWolvo23 - you might want to check out
    this thread on Rebelscum. You're not the only one having the problem. Someone did mention that the Game store in the MK Center in Milton Keynes had it in stock. (He/she was there for Collectormania). If you are anywhere near there you might want to give them a call to see if they still have some.
  20. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Too bad the old cheat codes for the Episode III game weren't compatable with this.

Anyone kind of bummed they screw around with the OT storyline? Why do Leia and the Rebel soldiers go to the Imperial ship to use the escape pods?
  21. JAWA64 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't like that the jawas steal the droids. other than that i'm fine with everything in the story.
    Has anyone else had a problem on the Battle of Endor level when you have to get all of the characters to stand on a button to open a gate? There was always one person who wouldn't move. Finally I got through it after a very long time.
  22. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    ^I had trouble with that in Jabba's Palace.

23. DarthWolvo23 Jedi Master

star 4
    Does anyone know if there is a way to view all the excerpts from the Lego Star Wars 1 game (the PT)?

I love the way you can view the excerpts from the new game at will.
  24. StarWarsFreak444 Force Ghost

star 7
    man does anyone know how to pass the battle of hoth? :)
  25. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    DarthWolvo23 (and anyone else in the UK looking for this on Xbox) - I was in town today and asked about the Xbox version in a couple of local stores. Gamestation said they were totally out and didn't know if they'd get any more and the response at Game was about the same. The guys in both stores said they assumed it was to push the Xbox360 version. So I guess if you can find it at a decent price on Ebay you might want to go for it.