LEGO Star Wars Original Trilogy The VideoGame News

Discussion in 'Games' started by Indy3, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Guy-from-Tatooine Jedi Youngling

Usually it's a matter of the distance you're standing to the slot. Try sranding a bit closer or farther to the slot.
    These are sometimes tricky, especially with Ewoks. Their fat belly seems to cause some additional trouble. ;)
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I think I had problems on that level with a Jawa (PS2 as well). I got it after a bit though. I think it does have to do with where the character is standing.
  3. berkovw Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll give that a try. Thanks!
  4. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    I had trouble with that same one. I could get into the cage to get the minikit, but not back out. I got so tired of trying that I hit "Start" on the Player 2 controller and had the other character walk out of the room and back inside.
  5. JFuchs77 Force Ghost

star 4
    I find the best way to play Lego Star Wars 2 The Original Trilogy, is to play through all the episodes and collect enough studs, then go back and purchase what you can in the cantina, then go back and play all the episodes again in free play, because some characters can only be unlocked in certain levels, like Darth Vader, and even Luke Skywalker when he can use a lightsaber. Because you can pick up the power bricks and use them to help you in the game, and even the minikit canisters for the vehicles. That way that when I go back in free play mode, I'll have all the necessary characters needed to get into places that get all the way to in story mode. In customizing characters in the character creator, I made Luke Skywalker in his Tatooine attire from A New Hope and gave him a blue lightsaber. This was only for some of the levels in A New Hope. I'm going to try somethings that are different in the game when I go home for Thanksgiving break next month.
  6. Guy-from-Tatooine Jedi Youngling

No need to wait that long, if you have a LSW1 save at hand. With Maul or Dooku and Jango Fett unlocked, you have access to dark force and thermal detonators right from the beginning.
  7. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I haven't tried using Jango yet (though he is available). I've been using Greedo as the bounty hunter. Maul is great though - jumps nice & high to get those cannisters..
  8. JFuchs77 Force Ghost

star 4
    For importing characters from Lego Star Wars 1 on XBOX, do you need a memory card from a saved game or something?
  9. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Yes. If you have a saved game, you can buy the option in the Cantina (I forget how much it is). On the PS2 you have to then enable it under the 'Extras' menu when you pause the game. (And you have to enable it every time you boot the game up if you want to use it).
    However, as far as I know there isn't any way to use a saved Xbox game on the X-360.
  10. Darth_Sorah Jedi Master

star 1
    oh my god guys. You know the bounty hunter rockets, I tried everything that I could to get them to come on. I did what it said to do to enable cheats, and extras, and it still didn;t work. How do you get them, and what exactly are they?
  11. QuiGonTim Jedi Master

star 4
    You have to be playing Boba Fett, one off the buttons on the controller fires his backpack missile, and it can destroy manny of the things you usually need a thermall detonator, or AT-ST to destroy. it is hard to aim though.
  12. Darth_Sorah Jedi Master

star 1
    Alright thanks, but I know I have been Boba Fett, all he throws out is that bomb...

What is the method I ave to go through to get it on
    and then what do I have to do to fire it

(please be specific)
  13. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    Have Bounty Hunter Rockets on, Use Boba and then use the change character button (on PS2 its triangle)
  14. Darth_Sorah Jedi Master

star 1
    I have xbox though, not xbox 360. DO you know what it would be on there. SOrry I am being so difficult.
  15. JFuchs77 Force Ghost

star 4
    The vehicle missions in this game were even more interesting, because now you can go wherever you would like or prefer to go. You can even go back and pick up whatever you need like more torpedoes or even minikits/canisters. However, the only trouble I had with getting a canister/minikit was in lighting up the green tiles on the first Death Star in A New Hope. The snowspeeders in the Battle of Hoth level in The Empire Strikes Back were easier to manuever. Even easier to manuever than the snowspeeders in Star Wars Battlefront 2. Harpooning and taking down the walkers, especially the AT-AT walkers, was very fun, however the only trouble that I had was trying to get bombs to blow up the AT-AT walkers because of all those darn old probe droids. I even liked the final and last level of Return of the Jedi when you attack the Second imperial Death Star. Getting out of the new Death Star was really challenging. I admit I didn't even think I was going to get out of the new Death Star in Return of the Jedi the first ever time I played the level, but I did.
  16. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I didn't like the dragging-the-bombs in the Hoth level - it was way too fiddly. I lost more than I got to the target. I haven't even gone back to it in Freeplay mode - getting Story mode was hard enough! (Eventually I will have to if I want to get the cannisters though). I did like zapping the asteroids though..
  17. StarWarsFreak444 Force Ghost

star 7
    i'm finally done! [face_dancing] this game was wonderful and magnificent! I loved every single bit of it!

But is there like a bonus level or something? :)

18. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Did you do the Lego City level?
  19. StarWarsFreak444 Force Ghost

star 7
  20. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    The gold bricks you collect end up in two piles outside the cantina. If you got at least 60 of them, find the first pile and build it into a question mark. When the question mark is complete, a doorway forms and you can go into Lego City. The idea there is to find all one million studs. (The Strategy Guide offer some hints - basically building, destroying, and riding all vehicles/beasts you see).

If you have gotten all 99 bricks, you can build the second pile into a fountain. This will spew studs into the air, building your stud total up.
  21. StarWarsFreak444 Force Ghost

star 7
    darn! :_|

i only have like 30/99 or something like that

so do i free play all the levels over again or something :)
  22. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Yeah. There are some cannisters you can't get unless you do the levels in Freeplay. You need a Sith to get into the areas that glow red with the Force, for example. And you need bounty hunters to go into certain areas. You also need little characters (like a Jawa) to go through trapdoors into other locked areas. I imported Darth Maul from the first Lego game to use for a Sith. And I bought Greedo and a Jawa to use in Freeplay as well.
    You can also buy bricks at the cantina bar if you have enough credits. I haven't done that so I don't know how much they are. I think I have around 45 or so of the 99 but I haven't finished all the levels in story mode yet.
  23. portman_is_so_fine Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't get the last minikit in Jedi Destiny. I know it is in the room with the pit, underneath where Palp fries the floor. The strategy guide I read said to walk on all the tiles around the pit to turn them all red and the minikit would appear above the pit. That doesn't happen. I've tried in both story mode and free play. Anyone know how to get it. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
  24. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    If that's the green-lit floor, my guide says you have to do it fast to turn them all off. I haven't gotten to that level yet so I haven't tried. I've found that R2 works well for some of the speed-related stuff like that.
  25. Jedi_Emilie Jedi Master

star 2
    In Cloud City trap (chapter 5), how do you get away from the platform where you land with the X-wing?
    I'm making one of the plane's wings into a bridge but it's still too small to get me to the other side.

I'm getting desperate here, I'd be incredibly (INCREDIBLY!)grateful for some help!

//Jedi_Emilie