LEGO Star Wars Original Trilogy The VideoGame News

Discussion in 'Games' started by Indy3, Jan 19, 2006.

1. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Did Lego City in 35 minutes today. I took longer because I forgot to 'mow' the blue flowers in the corner. Was down by about 7000 credits and was flying that helicopter thing trying to see what I missed. Finally resorted to the Strategy Guide. I think I could have done it in under 30 minutes without that problem.

I also finally got the final cannister on the Jedi Destiny level. It was the one in the room where yu light up all the squares then double jump over the pit in the middle to get it. Strategy Guide shows the squares lit up in bright green - nice and easy to see, right? Well, on the PS2 version they are either black when off or a real dim red when on - real hard to see! I had Luke running around them like a mad person before I finally got lucky with the lights. Then Vader double-jumped and got the cannister.
  2. JamesPCrow Jedi Padawan

Gah ... that was the last one I had to get. Total pain in the butt. As a colorblind gamer, those stupid squares looked black when off and ... black when on. It's the only stupid thing I had to resort to a strategy guide to figure out.
  3. JFuchs77 Force Ghost

star 4
    I got Lego City done in just no time flat. Also it was interesting that you could fly in a Wookiee Flyer, drive classic lego vehicles, ride dewbacks and tauntauns, gain a lot of studs, and take a ride in and control an AT-ST. I used the Jedi Luke Skywalker.
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I used Jango and Maul my last time through. Jango's blasters are great on fences and stuff like that and Maul seems to jump the highest.
  5. General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  6. JFuchs77 Force Ghost

star 4
    I saw the Spike TV 2006 video game awards last night hosted by Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu). Also, I was very surprised and excited that Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy had won the award for best video game based on a movie or television show.
  7. The_Mask Jedi Knight

star 2
    Have you guys seen this??? Santa!!!
    http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_Star_Wars_II_Easter_Christmas_Egg_102422.asp
  8. The_Mask Jedi Knight

star 2
  9. StarWarsFreak444 Force Ghost

star 7
  10. JFuchs77 Force Ghost

star 4
    I found out something weird but interesting in the game. Stormtroopers doors can be opened not only with stormtroopers, death star troopers, and scouts troopers, and sandtroopers and snowtroopers. The stormtrooper doors can also be opened with Darth Vader. (I'm not kidding)
  11. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Not surprising really, Darth Vader is commander-in-chief of the Imperial armed forces IIRC. And he has a helmet too. :p
  12. MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head

star 6
    I haven't played this in awhile, bad me!:p
  13. JFuchs77 Force Ghost

star 4
    I just reached 100% completed on my first saved game of Lego Star Wars 2 The Original Trilogy. Note: I even built up the infinite studs fountain.
  14. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Rebelscum have announced that the Lego II game should be coming out for the Mac OS X. Estimated release date is the end of February.
  15. onuosfan Jedi Padawan

Hey, maybe this one is just me, but in the same level (Ep 5, Ch 5, Cloud City Trap), in the first room where you fight Vader by turning on the steam vents to confuse/choke him. I built the crane and used it to get R2 over there to the ledge, but he won't open the door. I've walked around, waited for what seemed like forever, left the room and came back in, restarted the level and even restarted my system, none of it makes a difference. He walks over to the panel like he's going to open it, but then he just stands there - it's maddening.

I had this problem on my PS2, and I was able to just plug in another controller, drop in as R2, and activate the door. On my PS3, however, I only have one controller (waiting for the PS2 to PS3 adapter), so I'm stuck.

Any ideas?
  16. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I've had problems on a few levels with droids and doors. Sometimes moving them closer or further away can help. Also going away a bit and coming back can help also.
  17. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Taken from the TT Games website;

TT Games is supporting English Kids charity Red Nose Day by offering a special secret cheat code for LEGO Star Wars II (on PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, PC and Gamecube).

It puts red noses on all the characters in the game ? from Han Solo to the Emperor. See classic Star Wars scenes as you?ve never imagined them!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/jaepee/rednose.jpg]

All they ask is that you make a donation to the charity, of any amount you can afford, suggested donation is £1.

See here for more details
  18. Seige8E Jedi Padawan

On Cloud City Trap on xbox, the 2nd room vs Vader (using R2 to steam Vader), the little person door that leads to the mini-kit in the cage, is sort of blue - unlike any other in the game, and for the life of me it won't let me in. I'm 98/99, and this is the only thing holding me up - please help!
  19. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    I had a little trouble with that one too. I could enter the door with my Ewok and get the Minikit, but it wouldn't let me exit. Anyway, I reset my game and tried it again and the second time it worked.

I've been playing this game almost nonstop for the past week. It's really addictive!
  20. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    I bought it on monday and have been playing it whenever I get the time after work. I was wondering what you have to do to get past the Hoth battle? I was playing that chapter for about 15 minutes just blowing up all of the AT/ST and the probe droids thinking that it would soon be over, but it wasnt. Is there any thing special I have to do?
  21. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    You have to drag bombs into the walls in order to progress to the next area. It took me a while to figure that out too.
  22. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    39.3% in, having just completed the speeder bike level- that AT-AT battle on the landing platform should have been in the movie somehow :cool: .

Some fun stuff (love the sense of humor), though I probably wasted a good hour or two today due to some glitches in the game (even though i cleared all but the darkside-accessible content on Ep5 Chapter 6, the game would not let me board the Falcon and, thus, complete the levl and get credit for all the stuff I found; and the sail barge battle on the roof wasted about 20-30 minutes of my time as, even though i knew what i had to accomplish, it wouldn't let 3PO unlock the second engine core; I was finally able to luck out and get it to work though).

Is there some kind of Free Play limitation that requires the story mode for all 3 movies to be done before Free Play levels can be completed? Or did my backtracking from the Falcon platform just cause some kind of bug?

Also, how do you unlock your custom characters? I'm trying to make a darksider to unlock free play mode content, but while I can design characters, I don't see any place to "buy" them or play as them
  23. The_Mask Jedi Knight

star 2
    You should be able to beat any freeplay level once it's story mode counterpart has been completed! I think you just got a bug.
    As for the custom characters, they should be in the very bottom right of the character selection screen. They just show silhouettes of lego heads in the circles, so they kind of blend in with the other locked characters.
    Hope this helps!