LEGO Star Wars Original Trilogy The VideoGame News

Discussion in 'Games' started by Indy3, Jan 19, 2006.

1. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I didn't realise you actually found them yourself. I figured someone else had passed you on the information.

Will edit your name in if you desire.
  2. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    IGN Article

LucasArts has teamed up with Traveller's Tales and Giant (the game's original developer and producer) to create this year's sequel, LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy, due on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, GBA, PSP, PC and DS this fall.

In terms of the game itself, it is very important to the team to retain the "easy to pick up and play" nature of LEGO Star Wars in the sequel. However, we also want to try to increase the challenge a little for more advanced players. With that in mind, LEGO Star Wars II supports an optional game-driven adaptive difficulty feature that responds to your skill level; the better you are at the game, the more difficult the game will make itself!

Lots more at the link above. And I mean lots. Go read the interview. This game is gonna ROCK.

[image=http://media.ign.com/thumb/140/1401594/lego-star-wars-the-original-trilogy-20060209032606421_thumb.jpg] [image=http://media.ign.com/thumb/140/1401595/lego-star-wars-the-original-trilogy-20060209032607686_thumb.jpg] [image=http://media.ign.com/thumb/140/1401596/lego-star-wars-the-original-trilogy-20060209032608999_thumb.jpg] [image=http://media.ign.com/thumb/140/1401598/lego-star-wars-the-original-trilogy-20060209032611905_thumb.jpg] [image=http://media.ign.com/thumb/140/1401597/lego-star-wars-the-original-trilogy-20060209032610373_thumb.jpg]

And from here;

A surprising feature of the new game is the ability to import characters from the first game into The Original Trilogy, allowing players to attempt to destroy the Death Star using Darth Maul or fight Darth Vader on Cloud City with Anakin from Episode III, provided players have copies of both games. The game will also feature a character creation mode which allows players to create new Star Wars characters from pieces of other Star Wars figures, and even names them appropriately. Yes, that means players can create Yoda Fett or Darth Leia.

Yay - just like real LEGO!
  3. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    Freakin' Sweet [face_dancing]

Seriously
  4. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dude, that's awesome! (Look at the RotJ Luke vs Vader image. One of Luke's hands is black. I LOVE that! :D)

I'm really happy to hear that they're focusing on keeping the cute, fun feel of the first game. I was really dubious about it at first, but as soon as I started playing it, I was beaming like mad, and reminded of why I love video games, why I love Lego, and why I love Star Wars. The new features of the sequel sound fantastic, especially more freedom on the vehicle levels. I think the reasons the podrace and gunship levels annoyed me so much was because they were on rails (though I didn't mind the Battle of Coruscant level, and in fact it's one of my favourites, probably because I was having flashbacks to Rebel Assault the whole time ;)). And being able to freeplay them with other vehicles is going to rock.
  5. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    A think that it's Palps, not Vader in that shot by the shape of the hood. Probably a freeplay mode shot.

Also the real Luke ROTJ minifig had a black hand, nice touch then, nice touch now.

[image=http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7123/lukegreenfinal3sc.jpg]

6. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    I thought that looked like Palpatine, too. Maybe they went out on and after you fight Vader, instead of getting fried you have to fight Palpatine? Well...one can hope!

The game looks really great so far. The visuals are pretty impressive, and the LEGOs seem a bit more detailed this time.

[Edit]

LEGO Star Wars II will feature more than 50 playable characters from all of the classic Original Trilogy movies, and many of the characters will have distinctive weapons, signature animations and melee attacks.

In addition, players will be able to import their saved game data from LEGO Star Wars I and use all the characters that were unlocked from the first game on many of the platforms. That brings the total number of playable Star Wars characters to over 100!

Most importantly, LEGO Star Wars II offers the new customizable character feature. This new feature will allow the player to use pieces and parts from all unlocked characters to put together their own creations and then use them in Free Play mode. At last count, this system allowed for -- no joking -- millions of different customization options for individual characters!

That alone is enough for me to buy this game. Not to mention the create-a-character. I remember telling my friend that when we were playing the first one. It makes sense...I mean...LEGOs, of course we should create our own!

~Vassago
  7. The_Death_Star31 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh yeah, This is a definite buy for me. I mean Lego Star Wars 1 was a classic, but using force powers like Choke and Lightning makes me very happy.

Leia's Face slap..*snickers*
    "Take that Vader you meanie!"
  8. portman_is_so_fine Force Ghost

star 4
  9. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
  10. RogueJediOutcast Jedi Master

star 4
    what will be so bad ass is if you could crate your own character!
  11. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    You can. So long as you use bits from the 50 or so characters in the game, and possibly bits from the 50 or so in the first game.
  12. Darth_Pogey Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay it's coming out for gamecube (only platform I have) I hope I can load all of The first games characters on the cube!
    Lego Star Wars was one of those great games that don't come around that often. It's so kiddy and simplistic, yet so deep and plain old fun.

EDIT: O my gosh is it seriously not coming out till next year??!! :(
  13. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Fall 2006 is this year, I believe.
  14. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    There's actually a weird change this year, see we skip to January 07, and come 1/31/07, we go back to Fall 2006, and then once December 21, 2006 comes around, we sprint back to February 1, 2007.

:)

(yay! its confirmed!!! :D )
  15. Bacon164 Force Ghost

star 7
  16. sccrman95 Jedi Master

star 4
    I cant wait from this game. [face_dancing]

Sccrman95
  17. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's so kiddy and simplistic, yet so deep and plain old fun.

Like I said: I was dubious at first, but as soon as I started playing it I was reminded in an instant of why I love video games, why I love Lego, and why I love Star Wars. It's just that kind of game. I pity those people who scoffed at LSW and dismissed it and never gave themselves the chance to experience it. They missed out.
  18. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    New screenshot;

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/jaepee/falcon.jpg]

19. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  20. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    that's an awesome shot. I can't wait for this game. :p
  21. The_Death_Star31 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Whats everyone's Fave Special Moves going to be?
    Mine are:
    Force Choke
    Force Lightning
    Chewie Ripping apart another lego charscter
    Leia's Face Slap.

I wonder how the death star looks when it fires....
  22. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Sweet, I have that Falcon :)

The other game was only a rental for me, but I still have my savegame :)

Leibacca v Darth Solo. Sweet.
  23. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    =P~

i only rented the first game, will have to buy and get this too, oh my god i can not wait, i can not wait for boba the hutt, r2-3po, TK-Solo, obi-vader

=P~
  24. jacemathem Force Ghost

star 5
  25. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I got the impression that the model data / textures will be pulled from the original game install. (If that's what you're alluding to). So if you've uninstalled it you will probably find a savegame file isn't enough to alow PT characters to be imported to the OT game.

Well, that was the speculation thread. This is the confirmation thread. :p