LEGO Star Wars Original Trilogy The VideoGame News

Discussion in 'Games' started by Indy3, Jan 19, 2006.

1. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I got the impression that the model data / textures will be pulled from the original game install. (If that's what you're alluding to). So if you've uninstalled it you will probably find a savegame file isn't enough to alow PT characters to be imported to the OT game.

But console players will be able to import the characters as well. So it can't be ripping assests from the first game. The new one must have them all there, and they're unlocked by the savegame from the first.
  2. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
  3. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    I played it on PS2, anyway.

Even if I don't still have my save, assuming the assets are actually in the game I can use my Action Replay :)
  4. RogueJediOutcast Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG this it going to be awsome!
  5. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    ...they better not make this one another Blue-bottom disc..

Last week, after an eternity of waiting, i FINALLY found the original LEGO STAR WARS for the PS2 for a reasonable price. Picked it up, quite excited to play it after all the good things i'd heard. Got it home, opened it up and.....Swore vehemently. A bloody blue-bottomed disc.

My PS2 has had problems with those since year 2 (but usually, just cleaning the lens would make'em run). For some reason, cleaning the lens doesn't work with THIS game.. Bleeping stinks.

Luckily the game DOES play on my buddies ps2, and so we've been playing it 2-player (we just finished Episode II last night).

Fun little game, although it is far far far too easy.

6. LordSilvertouch Jedi Master

star 4
    Almost every game nowadays is far far far too easy
  7. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Fun little game, although it is far far far too easy

And bagging the game based only on that is to miss the point entirely.
  8. DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Can't wait for this gem to hit the stores.

The first game was great (apart from yoda, he sucked)
  9. Edwardstyn Force Ghost

star 1
    I loved the first Lego Star Wars and I occasionally still play it so I cannot wait for this game. It's gonna rock!!!!! I especially am looking forward to playing as characters from the first game. It'd be funny to fight Vader in Bespin as Mace Windu or Anakin. Character creating also sounds awesome. I'd make a Darth Obi Wan and a Darth Luke. Ooh! The possibilities seem endless. CAN'T WAIT!!!
  10. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay, what's the point i'm missing then?

I mean, i'm very glad that i waited for the game to undergo pricedrop before purchasing it, because if i had paid 50 bucks (canadian) for a game that i can beat ENTIRELY (and i mean finding everything, collecting all the required studs, etc.) in one evening, i'd be pretty miffed.

My buddy and i are limiting it to merely beating one episode in a sitting, and we're still barely lasting an hour and half of playtime each time out.

We're much more excited for Lego II because, well.. The original trilogy just has a whole lot more appeal then the prequel trilogy. This one, yeah, maybe we'll play it thru a couple of times eventually, but it's nothing compared to how much fun we'd be having if we were utilizing Luke, Han and Chewie as opposed to Captain Tanaka, R4 and Commander Cody...

11. Edwardstyn Force Ghost

star 1
    Does anyone know if there's gonna be a demo anytime soon? Because some games demos come out months before the actual game release date. I have to play this game this minute!! I'll be looking forward to seeing how these melee attacks and force moves work. I hope they aren't too complicated.
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    As the game's not due out until fall (ie 3rd quarter 2006), I really doubt we'll be seeing any demos in this half of the year.
  13. Mazter_Yoda Jedi Knight

The OT is going to be HARD to do with Lego. With Lego Star Wars 1, it had the Prequel Trilogy wich was easy to make because the prequels have so many fights and action scenes. Infact, many of us complain that they did not put a few things in!

I wonder how they are going to manage with the original trilogy cause there are not as many action scenes and fights. Also, without lightsabers, there is no star wars. Only Old Ben, Luke and Vader have lightsabers....I wonder how they are going to manage the game with only 3 characters having lightsabers.

I am looking forward to this game but I have my doubts. I really do not think they can pull this game off without making stuff up or going to the EU for some new stuff.

14. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    apart from yoda, he sucked

Yoda rocked in combat, he was just annoying as hell to move around because of that damn flipping. He got tiresome after a while, despite the amount of butt he could kick.

Okay, what's the point i'm missing then?

That LSW is not the kind of game you hunker down over, psych yourself up and try to beat, to defeat and overcome. It's one of those games you can just relax with, sit down and laugh about, just have fun with. If you're whinging about being able to beat it too quickly, I think you've missed out. Yeah, it was an easy game, but that simplicity suited it and I had a really good time with it. If you didn't like that, fair enough, but I think you missed out on a lot of the enjoyment to be had.
  15. Edwardstyn Force Ghost

star 1
    That LSW is not the kind of game you hunker down over, psych yourself up and try to beat, to defeat and overcome. It's one of those games you can just relax with, sit down and laugh about, just have fun with. If you're whinging about being able to beat it too quickly, I think you've missed out. Yeah, it was an easy game, but that simplicity suited it and I had a really good time with it. If you didn't like that, fair enough, but I think you missed out on a lot of the enjoyment to be had.

I agree, Boss Nass, People who are trying to beat the game and rule at it are losing out because it is the fun factor that people should look for in the game. It's something you play after a long hard day for short bursts of fun. For those, who whine because they completed it too quickly, You have missed out on the joy that Lego Star Wars brings.

I'm hoping that Lego Star Wars 2 keeps this fun factor seeing as it worked so well with the original. [face_peace]
  16. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    To move Yoda you should withdraw the saber and then he gets to wizz around on his hover chair.
  17. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    To move Yoda you should withdraw the saber and then he gets to wizz around on his hover chair.
    No, I know, I meant moving around in combat, from one enemy to the next. It gets slightly tricky sometimes because he's going like a mexican jumping bean.
  18. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Sidious was worse, but at least you didn't have to use him.
  19. Psycho_Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sure they have enough action-oriented material for 6 chapters per Episode.
    Plus with the saved game files being useable form Lego Star Wars I I'm sure they'll have some killer stuff in there.

have faith oh ye of little....faith. :)
  20. LordSilvertouch Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah i wouldn't worry about a lack of action sequences. Don't forget that originally that's what Star Wars was, an action film in space. It's just that action sequence didn't mean "ultimate showdown every five minutes" in the seventies. So actually we might get something more original and interesting.

And as for lack of lightsabres, don't worry, lightsabres are present throughout ALL of the films, it's just that they aren't being used against each other much. So yes, there won' be a massive amount of actual lightsabre duels, but then there were only five in the PT. Three in the OT isn't that much of a step down, especially when you consider that, emotionally, they were far more involving duels. Yes, even better than THE duel, which wasn't about emotion, it was about kick-ass sabering and effects. You all know it :p
  21. Blaster_Master Jedi Padawan

Some people say the original Lego Star Wars was too easy. I disagree. It was fun because it was aimed at little kids and not adults.

Here is what I would like to see to make it more fun:
    Vehicle Scenes:
    ANH - Escape from Death Star and Death Star Trench Run
    TESB - Snow Speeder Battle vs Imperial Walkers and Astroid Belt Escape
    ROTJ - Endor Speeder Bike Chase and Assult on Death Star II
    Battle Scences:
    ANH - Luke/Obi/R2/C3PO getting around Mos Eisley, Chess Match Chewie vs R2, Rescue Princess Leia, Han and Chewie go wild on Death Star, and Obi vs Vader
    TESB - Luke vs Wampa, Luke on foot vs Imperial Walkers, Luke training on Dagobah, Cloud City Escape from Storm Troopers and the attempt to rescue Solo, and finally Luke vs Vader
    ROTJ - Luke vs Rancor, Luke/Han/Lando/Leia/Chewie/R2/C3PO vs Jabba/Boba/crew on the dessert ships, Battle for Endor Moon, and Luke vs Vader/Emperor

The first game was more fun than I would have realized, and I hope this second game will be as much fun if not more.

Now for another feature:
    Multiplayer/Online ability.
    Choose from the multitude of players and make teams. Make it co-op like Splinter Cell where as a team you can solved puzzles and such.
    Also have a versus mode to see who is the best Lego warrior.
  22. StarkRhavyn Jedi Master

star 3
    I bet all these new improvements mean it's not going to sell for the bargain price of $39.99 like the first game did.
    I guess we can expect at least the full $49.99.
  23. snelson Force Ghost

star 4
    will the game have voices? the first game was like watching a silent movie uh no offense meant.
  24. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That was one of its charms - everything portayed by animations and facial expressions. I hope they don't add voices to this one (and I'm sure they won't).

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/687/687313/lego-star-wars-the-original-trilogy-20060209041625782-000.jpg
  25. mastersith67 Jedi Youngling

i loved the game especially the end fight with anakin and obiwan on lava, the whole scene with them on the tower falling and having to jump on blocks was fun as all heck and was better then the fight in the episode 3 videogame. I hope that legos 2 is just as fun and if not funner.