main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGO Star Wars: TFA contributions to canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Confirmed: Judaism and Christianity exist in some form in the GFFA. :p

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  2. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I still think the ark is actually an ancient sith superweapon

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    And the crystal skull belonged to one of the members of the republic senate?

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    The Ark used to be a thing in the old EU. And it appears in TCW anyway.

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Really? Where? I don't remember it from any of the books, was it in the comics? Can you cite; I really want to find it now!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  7. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    More here on WP (wrote most of the page myself, everything is sourced):

As its name suggests, the Ryloth Ark originated on Ryloth, a rocky planet of the Outer Rim Territories inhabited by the Twi'leks.[1]Throughout history, several replicas of that artifact were crafted,[2] and the Ark became the focus of Piethet Brighteyes and the raiders of the Ryloth Ark, a popular work of fiction that gave dreams of adventures to young boys such as Treuten and Kosh Teradoc from Er'Kit.[3]During the pan-galactic conflict known as the Clone Wars, the Ark fell prey to the cupidity of the Confederacy of Independent Systems—an affiliation of worlds that had seceded from the Galactic Republic and waged war against it. Around 22 BBY, the Skakoan Emir Wat Tambor invaded Ryloth in the name of the Confederacy. While the Republic's Grand Army launched an attack to liberate the planet, Tambor raided the vaults of the Twi'leks and had many priceless artifacts loaded onboard his personal shuttle. The Ark was one of them, and it was taken away by TA-175, Tambor's tactical droid, even as he left his master behind.[1] The Republic ultimately won the Clone Wars, and its Supreme Chancellor Palpatine declared a New Order, anointing himself Galactic Emperor.[4]
    In 5 ABY, twenty-seven years after the Battle of Ryloth, it appeared the Ark was under the possession of the Church of the Dark Side,[5]a charade-religion established by the Imperial Intelligence following the death of Palpatine.[2] The so-called Prophets of the Dark Sidekept it in a glass-walled display case on Scardia Station, along with a rare set of blood-red Mandalorian armor. However, it remained uncertain whether the Prophets owned the genuine article—retrieved from the long defunct Separatists—or a mere copy.[2] Regardless of its authenticity, the Ark owned by the Church of the Dark Side was lost when Grand Admiral Afsheen Makati destroyed Scardia Station.[6]

vncredleader likes this.
  8. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I remember when Indy 4 was being made, there were big rumors for a time that Spielberg was going to literally reuse the aliens from Close Encounters for the climax of the movie, which I would have loved.

My favorite Ark cameo is in Mass Effect 3 when they briefly mention in the Citadel Archives that the Asari visited Earth in the past and took it with them.

9. WMIRTUTSF

WMIRTUTSF Jedi Master

Dec 4, 2006
    Emperor Palpatine is unable to accept First Order missions or use any of their terminals. This is further proof, if any were needed, that the First Order has betrayed everything the Empire fought for.

10. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Well, actually...

11. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I was thinking maybe the reason we haven't got everything from the Season Pass yet is because the Rebels characters will be their Season 3 designs. Consider that we haven't seen them at all in any form- both for Rebels and for this Game.
    With Celebration only days away (*Squeals*) I think we'll get some news then or even the release date.

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

I don't know, I think the content's just being spaced out over a few months, probably. I'll grant they could be their S3 designs, but it's just as likely that they're just choosing not to release all that content at once.

13. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I am surprised just how much I enjoyed all of these. Great stuff.

Some highlights:
    -The Rathtar hunters. Too bad they are doomed to die horribly judging by Han's line in the film
    -The fighters and evacuation ships used in the evacuation of the Ottegan enclave
    -Hammerhead ship used by the Resistance.
    -Lor San Tekka's friendship with Athgar Heece

14. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Hope Kylo's line from Ottegon assault is made fully canon at some point

Phasma: Stand aside sir, let me handle this
    Kylo Ren: I could Captain but I won't!
    (May not be the exact words but I thought they were badass coming from that mask's voice)

15. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Posting this here because this seems to be the closest thing to a Lego thread, and even if it doesn't involve Lego TFA, it still has to do with Lego and continuity, but in the latest Freemaker Adventures:

They bring back Jek-14 from The Yoda Chronicles. So a NEU non-canon Lego spinoff seems to be integrating stuff from an old EU non-canon Lego spinoff. I wonder if the Lego people consider all their stuff to be one single continuity despite the EU/NEU divide. Alternately, more fuel for those "integrate the EU and NEU" people (person?).

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

Yes. Lego Canon is definitely a distinct thing. It is not Legends, and it is not Current Standard Continuity. Lego is Lego is Lego. (I believe Leland explicitly said his LFL Holocron has its own Lego Continuity database)

Also: there is a Freemaker Adventures thread, FWIW.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  17. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    If combining kyber crystals from a group of random padawans and using the crystal to power a sith clone who can whoop Dooku and Yoda becomes canon then I'm done with Star Wars :p