main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Lego Star Wars: The Resistance Rises TV Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Feb 12, 2016.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
  2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Lego Canon is its own thing. And I love it.

Vthuil likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Seriously?

4. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I just edited the title to match the video's title. I'll change it again once we have additional info.

--Adm. Nick

5. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

There's a few hours worth of Star Wars Lego programs now, and they are always making references to each other. It's a blast. Ian/Han, The Calrissian Family, Darth Maul the Awesome, face-switching Palpatine, The Force Sensitive Clone, lots of great humor and reflective commentary on SW logic, all with a great deal of fun.

And they also announced yesterday a whole new series taking place in the post-ESB period following a new family called the Freemakers.
    http://www.starwars.com/news/lego-s...imated-series-coming-to-disney-xd-this-summer

Hopeless likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Still tend to think of the Lego strand as being vidgames primarily.

7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    In some ways its better than the rest of Star Wars animation (TCW and Rebels do have good moments, but I don't care for either series quite that much). Although that Force sensitive clone (the one with the arm) is kind of a Gary Stu, but the setting in general doesn't take itself seriously so I don't mind that much.

"Ian" was funny. Post-RotS memory wipe Threepio was hilarious until someone reminded him he was a protocol droid (before that he was acting more like a commando). Its times like this I wish my cable provider included Disney XD, instead its stuck in the premium package. And I'm not quite willing to pay extra for this (well, this and Gravity Falls and occasionally Rebels isn't enough to justify the extra expense, unfortunately). Well, at least it replays on regular Disney soon enough.

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]

:(

So much for being Great.

9. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Is that a modified Jedi Cruiser they're flying?

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The Lego shows are described as being in-continuity with canon but not canon themselves.

Basically they're like those eastern churches who are in communion with the Catholics while not being Catholic. :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

12. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Everyone should love it. Because it's, you know, awesome.

13. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

Is this some kind of sick NuCanon set of Azzameens?

AdmiralWesJanson and Kylun like this.
  14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Hmm, apparently the first episode revolves around Poe Dameron rescuing Admiral Ackbar. LEGO Ackbar is pretty hilarious, so count me in. ;)

Oh hell, who am I kidding. They have me anytime Ackbar appears. :p

--Adm. Nick

Sinrebirth and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  16. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I wish these Lego series would come out on DVD in the UK (All we have is the padawan menace, empire strikes out and the first two yoda chronicles) so I could see what they're like :(

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I think this one today is 6 minutes. Now, is this just a one time thing or are there more coming out?

18. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, I was bummed it was only six minutes.

But... they had Daisy Mae. Ackbar's custom Jedi Starfighter, which is a running joke in Lego Star Wars series. I want it to be canon. :D

--Adm. Nick

19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Unfortunately, there was no listing for it on my DISH Guide. On the Guide, it showed 7 PM - 8 PM "Gravity Falls" and then another "Gravity Falls" block right next to it, but it said 8:05 in parentheses as the start time. So I had to do a manual recording of "Gravity Falls" to catch it. Anyone else do the same? Was it listed on your Guide? There wasn't any end credits so was their more between commercial breaks that I missed?

Essentially, Admiral Ackbar is captured by Captain Phasma. Poe rescues C3P0 from some random location and then goes to rescue Ackbar. As they make their escape they bypass Kylo Ren who is shown on his shuttle as they escape. Somehow Poe has his black X-wing and Ackbar's ship stowed away somewhere. It ends with them flying away after defeating two Tie Fighters.

C3P0 hates his red arm but can't stop talking about it - gag.
    Poe bowls over the First Order troopers like bowling pins using a First Order helmet as a ball - gag.
    The good guys hide on an asteroid and surprise the bad guys - gag.
    First Order officer gets hit with the landing platform - gag.

The only part that made me chuckle was when BB-8 replaced all the Resistance logos on Poe's transport with First Order logos to enter the First Order cruiser where Ackbar was being held. My gripe about BB-8 though is that he didn't sound like Episode VII BB-8, but more like the original Sphero BB-8 before the update.

Sadly, it wasn't particularly funny. With it only being five minutes, it felt like a smaller piece of a bigger puzzle so I'd have to assume that this is part 1 of a larger series I hope!?

If you'd like to watch it, according to TVGuide.com, it airs again this Wed through Sat at random times. If you don't see it in your Guide like me, you will probably have to do a manual recording.

20. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006

Tom Kane reads the opening crawl. Nice touch.

Best parts are Threepio's prediction about his red arm getting its own book, Hux's head getting stuck to the underside of the shuttle, and BB-8 putting the stickers on the shuttle's hull.