main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leia? a Jedi?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_Kirill, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kirill

Darth_Kirill Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    i saw a picture somewhere of Leia Holding a yellow lightsaber.
    w00t? :D

2. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    From what I know Leia isn't a Jedi but she she is pretty good with a lightsaber though but I guess she never past the tests to become a true Jedi I dunno I could be wrong but every book I've read never heard her being called a Jedi she always talks about how she should of took more time off from politics and running the New Republic to train to become a Jedi. She does do exerises that Luke taught her though I think so that might explain her skills with a lightsaber. I think Luke should swear her in as a Jedi cause the force helped with politics an all but thats my opinion.

3. plokoon480

plokoon480 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Leia has a lightsaber and is partly trained as a jedi.But since she has so much work to do as a person in the New Republic High Council and as a mother she never found time to become a fully trained Jedi Knight.

4. Obi-Wan__Kenobi

Obi-Wan__Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 1, 2003
    PloKoon480 got it

5. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Darth_Kirill: Welcome to the boards mate. :cool:

I'm Ken Kenobi, and it's a pleasure to meet you. If you have any questions or just want to talk, don't hesitate to shoot me a Private Message and I'll get back to you ASAP. ;) :)

To answer your question:

[image=http://leiaorganasolo.homestead.com/files/sigs/LeiaSig.jpg]

From the Official Star Wars Databank on StarWars.com:

When Mon Mothma stepped down from her position of Chief of State of the New Republic due to health issues, she passed on the mantle of leadership to Leia. Organa Solo ruled for several years, guiding the Republic through numerous crises as the government experienced growing pains.

Though Leia stepped away from public office, she still remained a valuable member of the New Republic hierarchy. Her relief efforts during the Yuuzhan Vong crisis are well known. The mother of full-grown Jedi Knights, Leia still brandishes her lightsaber and Jedi heritage, though she readily admits regret that her political career had interfered with her early Jedi training. Her connection to the Force helped her weather the trying times of the Yuuzhan Vong crisis.

Also, as one of the best examples of Leia's path as a Jedi, here's an excerpt from Ambush at Corellia by Roger McBride:

Pg. 79

"I know you already have a lightsaber," he said, "but I never see you carry it."

"It's been a long time since I felt I had the right to carry one," Leia said as she lifted the weapon out of the wrapping. "A long time since I felt as if I were getting remotely close to being a Jedi."

"And that's why I'm giving you one," Luke said. "I couldn't think of a clearer way to say I think you're a Jedi."

"But I should make my weapon for myself." Leia said. "That's one of the tests."

Luke shook his head. "It can be a test. It doesn't have to be. Yes, all the traditions say a Jedi is supposed to make his or her own lightsaber, as part of the progress toward knighthood. But tradition is all it is, after all. Nothing more. There's no hard and fast law. And remember Obi-Wan Kenobi gave me my first lightsaber, after all. I didn't build it. So take this one. I made it for you."

Leia looked at the lightsaber for a long moment and hefted it once or twice.

"How does it feel?" Luke asked.

"Like it belongs there," Leia said. "As if it's supposed to be there, in my hand. It's perfect. But -- but I haven't completed the training," she said. "I never built my own lightsaber because I never felt I was ready to do so."

Luke shook his head. "No," he said, "that's where you're wrong. If there is anyone in this galaxy with the right to wear a Jedi's lightsaber, it is Leia Organa Solo, Chief of State of the New Republic. You are Jedi. Your training is complete. Different from mine, but complete."

Plain and simple, yes Leia is a Jedi. According to the EU that is... ;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

6. MikeSolo

Aug 6, 2002
    Woohoo been a long time since I read the Corellian Triology forgot about that. I'll take the EU's word.

7. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Here is a brief synopsis on the history of the lightsabers used by Leia, as it frequently the source of misconception. :)

[image=http://www.thelightsaber.com/WorkFolder/LargeSFW/VimaDaBodaSM.jpg]

This saber, with a blue colored blade, was given to Leia as a gift by Vima-Da-Boda. It was destroyed by the Emperor's clone.

[image=http://www.thelightsaber.com/WorkFolder/SmallSFW/PalpCloneSM.jpg]

Leia took this saber from the cloned Emperor's practice sabers after the one Vima gave her was destroyed. Its presumed Leia destroyed it after she and Luke defeated the clone Emperor. It had a red blade.

[image=http://www.thelightsaber.com/LIEA1_1_.GIF]

Constructed by her brother Luke Skywalker for her training. Eventually it was replaced by one she built herself and passed it on to other Padawan Jedi for their training. It had a blue blade.

[image=http://www.thelightsaber.com/WorkFolder/SmallSFW/LeiaLCSM.jpg]

Leia constructed this lightsaber to complete her Jedi training, using inspiration from both Obi-Wan and her brother Luke. It is also famed for the lightsaber Mara Jade "borrowed" to destroy both the clone Luuke and Joruus C'Baoth. It is still with the Jedi Knight.

;) :cool:

8. MikeSolo

Aug 6, 2002
    Sweet dude the one she made is better than all the rest I think anyways.

9. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Wow Ken ... you have far too much free time :p.

10. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    And the picture of her with a yellow saber was on the cover of 'Planet of Twilight' by Barbara Hambly. The book, IMO, sucked, but the cover had awesome artwork.

All you need is love!

11. Darth_Kirill

Darth_Kirill Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    Oh, cool. thanks guys.Thank you Ken.
    And one more thing, Where can i find Star Wars Books? about Kyle Katarn and such.

12. QuiGonTim

QuiGonTim Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Are you sure the first one is a light sabre, it looks like something one might keep in the night stand.

13. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Darth_Kirill: Kyle Katarn is the star of the Dark Forces series (Dark Forces, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, and the most recent Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight II) of LucasArts' games. Because the majority of his story is told in the games, he is currently only featured in one novel- Dark Apprentice by Kevin Anderson. ;)

Kyle is also featured in a trio of hardcover graphic story albums, listed below with a brief synopsis (from TFN Books):

[image=http://www.theforce.net/books/images/c_darkforces.jpg] Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire by William C. Dietz and Dean Williams

Kyle Katarn is a loyal Soldier for the Empire. He is an excellent Stormtrooper who happens to have excellent intuition, possibly from the Force. However, when his father, secretly a Rebel, is brutally murdered by a Dark Jedi named Jerec, Kyle vows to fight the Empire. He meets Jan Ors, a female Rebel, and joins the Rebellion. Since he is rather expendable and well trained, Mon Mothma sends him on a mission break into a high security Imperial Facility to steal the plans to the first Death Star.

[image=http://www.theforce.net/books/images/c_df_rebelagent.jpg] Dark Forces: Rebel Agent by William C. Dietz and Ezra Tucker

In the follow up to Soldier for the Empire, Kyle Katarn continues his search as to why the Empire murdered his father. Foiling an ambush attempt by 8t88, he finds that his father discovered the location to the Valley of the Jedi. Kyle must avoid Imperial & Bounty Hunter forces as he follows the tracks of the treacherous droid to decipher the message left by his father. As he hones his own burgeoning Jedi abilities, the Dark Jedi Jerec and his followers have schemes of their own to obtain the power stored in the Valley. This story paves the way for the third Dark Forces graphic story album, Jedi Knight.

[image=http://www.theforce.net/books/images/df-jediknight.gif] Dark Forces: Jedi Knight by William C. Dietz and Dave Dorman.

This is the third and final story in the Dark Forces series. The evil Jedi Jerec and his knights make their way to the planet Ruusan to take over the ruins of the Valley of the Jedi. Jerec also intends to harness the power of the thousands of trapped Jedi spirits there. They were left over from a huge battle between the good and evil Jedi armies thousands of years before. Jerec also wipes out a village of settlers on the small, isolated planet. The Rebel Alliance sends Kyle Katarn and Jan to stop them. Luckily, Kyle gets help from the Jedi ghost Rahn along the way. This story is based on the Jedi Knight video game and is illustrated throughout by Dave Dorman.

You can find them in your local bookstore or most any large literature retailer. ;) :)

14. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Leia is a Jedi in the EU. The reason why that happened in the EU was because Luke told Leia about learning the Force, "In time you will learn to use it as I have."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.