Saga Leia Among the Imperials

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sock_of_Darth_Vader, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Set during ANH. My other Leia one shots are:
    Breathing Space
    Alderaan Rising

Leia had long ago lost all track of time. How many times had Vader, either alone or accompanied by troopers, lieutenants or the torture droid, entered her cell?

He'd started easy; an injection of truth serum, a few simple ploys to get her to answer. Then the nerve manipulation had begun-short bouts at first, then increasing in length and severity until she lost consciousness from the pain. Between interrogations, he let her recover, and she was brought food?grey, tasteless mash-and water. At first, she'd been able to snatch an hour or so of sleep occasionally, but lately they had begun depriving her of that as well.

Vader had tried something else, too, early on in the interrogation. She had felt a pressure on her mind, a dark presence. But her mind had reflexively slammed in on itself, so fast that it seemed not her will but that of someone else, so tightly that even Vader could not have reached the name he sought without breaking her mind to do it. She had been careful since then to keep her mind intentionally blank when he was there, not to think or even to feel, so far as that was possible. Her father had warned her when she first met Vader, that the Sith had the power to read emotions or even thoughts.

And through the whole thing, Vader had kept up a nightmare courtesy, always calling her by title, not losing his temper, though she thought she'd brought him close a couple of times. He might torture and interrogate her, but never degrade her.

Unlike this new Imperial officer. He had been questioning her for some time now, and he was getting angrier and angrier all the time. Leia was no longer listening; she could probably recite the whole spiel herself by now. A floaty detachment had come over her now, the result of little food and less sleep, she supposed. She felt as though the girl undergoing the questioning was someone quite different from Leia Organa. She wondered how much longer the Imperials would question her before they had her executed, and whether she had gained the Rebellion enough time to find the plans and launch an attack against the battle station.

She was brought sharply back to physical reality when he grabbed her by the upper arms, pushing her back against the wall. The nerves in her arms had been the ones Vader had mostly used for torture, and the pressure was fresh agony. She set her teeth, fixing her eyes on the Admiral's insignia which was just below her eye level.

"Tell us where the Rebel base is, or you will _live_ to regret it!" the Imperial hissed in her face. Leia twisted her head away. Vader's interrogation had been clinical, and she had been able to face it resolutely, but this was violently personal, and she was feeling sheer physical terror.

"Lord Vader's methods seem to be somewhat ineffective," the Admiral sneered. "A little more old-fashioned persuasion may be in order."

A rifle butt crashed against her rib cage, knocking her to the floor. She cried out before she could stop herself. The Imperial officer gave a grim smile, motioning to the troopers to continue the beating. Leia gritted her teeth as more blows fell and pretended to be unconscious. It would not have fooled Vader for a moment, but this officer was no Sith Lord, and he could not afford to risk her death. The beating stopped. One of the troopers hauled her to a sitting position, shaking her around until her eyes flew open.

"Good, I see you are still with us, rebel," the Admiral said. He turned to the trooper. "Strip her."

He grabbed her shoulder roughly, making her gasp in pain. Leia wriggled and kicked, but the agonizing pain of her ribs prevented her from making a more effective resistance. She felt the cold air of the cell strike her back as the trooper pulled her gown open. She knocked his arm up, desperately, but probably caused more pain to herself than to him. T
  2. Mystic_Ally Jedi Knight

star 1
    wow, what a great story! rarely do we see glimpses of what Leia's imprisonment at the death star was like, and this is a perfect scenario, you protrayed both Vader and Leia's characters perfectly. i read this at ff.n, it was great reading it again!
  3. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! Great job. I really enjoyed this one. I don't have the words. Great job.

lordmaul13
  4. crystalrain Jedi Master

star 4
    Another amzingly convincing piece of work, SoDV.
  5. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, guys! Mystic, I'll try and write something you haven't seen before soon...
  6. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, I've never read a Leia fic before, but I really enjoyed this one! Very well done, and I like the emotions and all. And in one scene, Vader surprised me with his "human" character!!! Very nicely done. I loved it even though I normally don't read OT fics. :D
  7. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Padawan Jess: I like to remember that there's still a tiny bit of Anakin left in there.
  8. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, cool portrayal! I could so see all of this happening. I like how you brought some dignity to Vader like that, how realistic yet cruel this villan is.
  9. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    bobill: Glad you liked Vader! I was a bit worried about him. like I said, there's a tiny bit of Anakin still left in there. :_|
  10. Hananiah Jedi Master

star 4
    I love this fic poor Leia it was a great move to say that both Leia and Vader had masks great father/daughter symmetry.
  11. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, I see a lot of similarities between them.
  12. J_Girl Force Ghost

star 4

Very nicely done. :) I liked how you worked in her makeup and then paralleled it to Vader's mask.

J_Girl
  13. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Lol, I needed to explain the perfect lipstick somehow! The parallel was just too irresistable, as well.
  14. EmilieDarklighter Jedi Master

star 4
    I was just puttering along, minding my own business when I saw this and realized- Oh my goodness! I've never read that!-Me, who has read every one of your fics, (and has even slightly influenced a few of them) had not read this wonderful fanfic about Leia's strength, courage, and the strength of a bond that had been dormant for years until the very moment you portrayed here.

As you well know, I'm a fan of Leia's. Not the biggest fan she has, probably, but a fan nonetheless. (Her brother seems to agree with me more. ;) ) And you did a beautiful job here portraying her. I especially love the attention you gave to the twin bond, an element that is almost always ignored in written fiction-be it professional- or fan-oriented.

She dreamed confused dreams, of Alderaan disintegrating under the green death, and a house burning in a desert, all mixed up.

Beautiful way of portraying the subtle mingling of Luke and Leia's force-signatures, of describing the way they sometimes slip away and blend into each other. Bravo, Cat!

Someone who she...knew...had known... For a split second, she felt as though she were witnessing this chance-meeting from the outside, as something fated and inevitable, something that had happened a long time before.

This is wonderful. I've wondered many times if the twins felt something like this in those first few moments. Beautiful.

The helmet came off, and she looked into the blue eyes, at the same time strange and yet utterly familiar.

"I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"

*loves that moment* And what beautiful blue eyes they are, too. ;) There are some pretty impressive biceps under that armor, too, Leia, but I doubt you'd be able to appreciate them as Cat and I do. *winks* ;) :D
  15. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Aw, Emmi...what a lovely reply!

Yes, I do love Luke and Leia (not like that ;))

His biceps aren't so impressive in ANH though. [face_laugh]
  16. EmilieDarklighter Jedi Master

star 4
    Nah, but they're his, which makes them impressive anyway. ;)
  17. Adeliza-the-Jedi Jedi Padawan

Luke's Biceps!!! *thud*

EDIT: Dang it, I did it again! I posted with the sock!
  18. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Emmi: [face_laugh]
    Rayne: You need to sort out your socks. ;)
  19. EmilieDarklighter Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    *laughs at Rayne, Emmi and unintentional pun in my last post*
  21. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Upping all my fics because it's my birthday!!!!!!! Wooohooo!!!
  22. Mystic_Ally Jedi Knight

star 1
    *gasps* its your birthday!?! :D everybody sing along!

[t]happy birthday to you![/t]
  23. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4

This was nominated, as part of my Leia POV series, for Best Series

Thanks for the noms!
  24. ladyrebelsw1983 Force Ghost

star 2
    Sock of Darth Vader
    Bravo! Another great fic.

"I like how you brought some dignity to Vader like that, how realistic yet cruel this villan is."

I completely agree. Vader may be cruel and Leia may be his enemy, but still he has the respect not to degrade her or any other royalty. Also I liked how Vader "almost gently scooped Leia up into his arms, set her on her bunk, and snapped the clips on her dress" after the attempted atrocity by Motti, and allowed for no further torturing. Vader still has some humanity left in him. That is until he allowed for Tarkin to give the order to destroy Alderaan and held Leia there to watch it. As Leia said after the destruction of Alderaan, "Alderaan. Father. My poor, poor Alderaan. ::Leia angrily:: Vader, whatever humanity you had in your twisted soul is gone. You, the Emperor, you're all twisted (evil). Your Empire is doomed!"-Star Wars: A New Hope, Radio Drama.

Very good protrayal of Leia's time on the Death Star.
    I had also ejoyed your fic Alderaan Rising.

Lady Rebel
  25. ladyrebelsw1983 Force Ghost

star 2
    S_O_DV,
    Happy Birthday!

Lady Rebel
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.