main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leia and Vader on death star.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by BFETT314, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFETT314

BFETT314 Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2005
    I was just wondering why vader didnt sense that Leia was force sensitive during her"questioning"?

2. Hollywood_Skywalker

Hollywood_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2005
    Lucas hadn't written that part of the story yet. He makes it up as he goes along. At that point, he didn't even have Luke and Leia as brother and sister planned out.

3. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    ^Agreed.

In universe, I don't really see any reason to assume she is force sensitive. The ESB connection was from Luke, and the RotJ knowing he wasn't on the DS could also have been Luke sending out an "I'm okay" shot to her.

Otherwise, he didn't sense Luke either while he was on board the DS. He only sensed it when Luke was actively using the Force in the trench.

4. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Most def. agreed. Also I doubt that even crossed Vaders mind. He was to pre occupied with trying to make sure the Death Star didnt get blown up because of the information Leia had.

5. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Luke had been trained and gained something of the Force by the time the Rebellion attacked the DS, which gave Vader some insight on feeling Luke's presence in the Force.

Leia had not yet been trained so she couldn't have a presence in the Force.

6. Hollywood_Skywalker

Jan 22, 2005
    I could have sworn it was said that Leia's first time using the force was when she said she always knew that Luke was her brother. I might be wrong though but it just sticks in my mind.

7. Darth Kruel

Jun 3, 2000
    Her first time using the Force was when Luke called out to her in desperation on Cloud City and she knew exactly where he was.

8. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I think you'll find the first time she used the Force was during the detention-block escape. There may be no underwear in space, but an Alderaanian Princess/Diplomat wouldn't use gaffer tape (even if an actress had to), it's just not seemly ;)

Now that's Force manipulation [face_mischief]

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9. Hollywood_Skywalker

Jan 22, 2005
    She didn't know exactly where he was, they just flew back towards cloud city and he was spotted hanging from the pole. She would have said exactly where he was if she knew.

10. Darth Kruel

Jun 3, 2000
    Her words to ChewBacca were:

I KNOW WHERE LUKE IS!

So she did know exactly were he was.

11. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Actually he did have the brother and sister thing planned out. The whole saga is about the twins and their father. If you have the SE DVD watch the featurette on the Characters and you will find out.
    GL can't think of every little detail like that, it's probably not even that important. And vader finds out in ROTJ anyway.

12. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    You also have to remember that Vader has known Leia for a long time, and there was no reason to suspect she was gifted in the force, so he was even trying to feel if she had a presence w/ the force.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Actually he did have the brother and sister thing planned out.<<

Actually, while he did have the concept of there being a brother and sister element to the story, at the time of ANH's production, the sister was definitely not intended to be Leia.

It wasn't until Lucas started making ROTJ and had decided to condense portions of the Sequel Trilogy into it so that it could function as the end of the story that Lucas decided to make Leia Luke's sister. Though perhaps a bad choice on his part, he felt it easier than introducing a new character as originally planned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.