main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leia as a Sith?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Brenapp, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, but here goes (Moderators, feel free to move it elsewhere if you deem it necessary). I've been thinking that it may have been interesting if the NJO/Legacy books had gone differently, with Leia's grief over the death of her son, Anakin, causing her to succumb to the dark side. Anyone else care to comment?

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Leia's consistantly portrayed as resistant to it though. In Luke Skywalker & The Shadows of Mindor Cronal notes just how much more stubborn she is than Luke- and in Planet of Twilight we see her facing aspects of herself- both Dark Lady and helpless slave- and reject both.

Children of the Jedi suggests that she wrestles every day with the temptation to abuse her power as Chief of State to get revenge on anyone who might be involved with the creation of the Death Star- and always wins.

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I can't see Leia really going dark side unless someone really convinces her. She's too much like Padme for that to even happen. She looks at Anakin and learned from his mistakes, she wanted to prove everyone wrong that she wasn't anything like Palpatine or Vader. I just can't see it.

4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I've seen arguments that Luke's idealistic outlook is very Padme-ish- and Leia has a lot of Anakin's better traits.

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Leia has Anakin's temper, Force sensitive and stubborness. Leia gained her love of politics strength and rebellious traits from Padme. Padme got into trouble just as much as Anakin did, Leia is more of a bag mix of both parents.

6. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, Leia's character is too well defined to make her a Sith in my opinion.

JediFalcon likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    There was a pretty good short essay on TVTropes about similarities between Leia and Anakin:

Leia's got a little of her father too, though this is usually much more understated, particularly by writers who put her in the damsel-in-distress role. Mostly it manifests through her temper, her very strong will - Luke's determined, but Leia has more passion and staying power - and her sense of self-importance. She's not as arrogant as Anakin, but she's less quiet about her confidence and accomplishment than her brother is, and the impression she leaves on people has much more authority. Luke is an idealist, and a bit of a mystic. Leia takes charge. A politician who knows her heritage once insinuates that it means she'll betray them all. In The Thrawn Trilogy, the Noghri call Luke "Firstson of the Lord Vader". They call Leia the Mal'ary'ush, the heir to Vader's authority and powers, and address her as "Lady Vader". It's pointed out in the Hand Of Thrawn duology that she's worried about putting her need to keep her spouse safe over her duty to the rest of the galaxy and second-guesses some of her decisions as a result.

The New Rebellion
    She was magnificent, her style so different from her brother's. She was hard-edged where he made his demands with a deceptive softness. There was nothing soft in the President's [Leia's] manner. Cole would never had argued with her as he had argued with her brother.

Formthreemaster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.