main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leia Injured?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by RKMeibalane, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    During the Endor speeder bike chase, we see Leia abandon her speeder because it was damage. The bike crashes into a tree and explodes. The trooper pursuing her also crashes because he wasn't paying attention to what he was doing.

Leia, meanwhile, has landed somewhere nearby. She watches the trooper crash, and then she loses consciousness. The audience is left uncertain is to her condition. But the following questions pop up:

How badly is she injured? Is she injured at all? Why did she black out?

I suppose her situation might have been the result of her just being physically exhausted or the adrenaline from the chase draining from her.

Thoughts?

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I've always assumed she had the wind knocked out of her, and I'm sure she was really tired and stressed out.

3. DarthBurns

DarthBurns Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    I think it was due to Carrie Fisher being so stoned that she lost consciousness.

4. Boss_Consta

Boss_Consta Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2003
    The Noise And High-Pressure Energy(and some smoke from the crash) got to her--carrie is naturally stoned

5. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    I think it was due to Carrie Fisher being so stoned that she lost consciousness.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thanks, you just made my Day!

6. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I find it funny that she remained conscious to see if the scout had died and then went unconscious.

7. Myaha

Myaha Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    nothing Logray's "medicine" couldn't handle ;)

8. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Well, for real, I've always thought that she was just really releived that the scout didn't get back to base.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, for real, I've always thought that she was just really releived that the scout didn't get back to base.

Yup, I've always thought something along those lines.

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    She was tired, and she had the wind knocked out of her. There isn't anything more to it.

11. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I always figured she bumped her head when she landed on the ground, but was able to hold on just long enough to see the Scout Trooper get his before passing out.

12. Old_Brown_Shoe

Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I've always thought she willed herself (after all, she's taken an interrogation from DV himself, what's a little fender-bender?) to see what happened, then she let herself go.

13. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Yeah I just always figured shw was really relieved that she was still alive and that the chase was over.

14. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I'd probably feel like laying down and resting after going through all that and having the wind knocked out of me too. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.