main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leia knowing "General" Kenobi"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by SITHORJEDI696, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITHORJEDI696

SITHORJEDI696 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2004
    Has it been explained or will it be explained how Leia has come to know "general kenobi"?

2. DarthNigel

DarthNigel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 2003
    I doubt that they ever meet between episodes 3 and 4.

The answer to your question is in Leia's message. "Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed."

From this we know for sure that (1) Leia and Obi-Wan do not have any kind of relationship up to this point, because she has to introduce herself by way of her father, (2) Bail Organa, Leia's father, sent her on mission to Tatooine, with the aim of recruiting Obi-Wan to come to Alderaan and help the Rebellion.

We can reasonably infer from this that Bail Organa knew Kenobi's location, and gave that information to Leia when assigning her that mission.

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Take this discussion to the Episode III forums.

This is for discussion that has to do with both the prequels and the classics.

General is a pointless title. It does not really matter. Maybe he was appointed a General in the Republic Army. The Jedi are the leaders.

-Seldon

4. Obi-HaCoR

Obi-HaCoR Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2002
    General Kenobi has been appointed the ONE of the many Generals for the Republic army along with other Jedi as well. (see Star Wars: Republic comic)

I think Leia doesn't know him personally, but has probably heard stories from her "father", Bail Organa, as she grows up.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Leia doesn't know him personally. Bail told her all about him.

6. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    "Take this discussion to the Episode III forums.

This is for discussion that has to do with both the prequels and the classics. "

So wouldn't that make it the two main parts of the whole saga, hence the name of the forum?

7. doctoryoda

doctoryoda Jedi Master star 7

Jan 18, 2004
    Yes it would.

8. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    bail organa knew obi-wan

9. Depa Billaba

Depa Billaba Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 1998
    Has it been explained or will it be explained how Leia has come to know "general kenobi"?

Leia says that Obi-Wan served under her father (Bail Organa) during the Clone Wars. Presumably, Bail Organa told her about Obi-Wan and where he is currently living.

Depa Billaba

10. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    will Kenobi be referred to as "general" in episode 3?

cause i dont remember him being called that in episode 2 and for sure not in episode 1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.