main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MattOrgana, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    So, what happens now?

Darth Nikean likes this.
  2. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Sorry, JJ- can't help ya on this one. You're on your own! ;)

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    She'll appear as a Force-ghost at the very, very end with her Force-ghost twin brother. The End!

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Possible idea.

The movie is set a few years after TLJ and she has died.

(or, they could go Rogue One and CGI her scenes)

5. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    I think, under the circumstances, the best thing to do is first line of the opening crawl - "Princess Leia has died", explain the circumstances, open with the funeral.

To be honest it's not JJ or anyone's fault and I'm prepared to turn a blind eye to a sudden off-screen exit based on that.

6. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    She wakes up at IX being glad hat VII-IX was just a dream

Jo Lucas, Sum-Wan and Tiberius.Ogden like this.
  7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm very spoiler free on what happens with Leia in TLJ and what they are doing with her in IX.. Can't wait to find out..

8. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    [face_dunno]

9. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Based on the rumoured final scene of TLJ (which I won't go into here as it would be spoilerific) I do think there might be a fairly big time jump (say 5-7 years) between VIII and IX.

11-4D and DANNASUK like this.
  10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Probably a wise idea.

11. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Have to see how it plays off. Would like to know what the original plan was with her for 9, but after hearing it I may even get more upset that she isn't here to do it.

Tommytom, Senator Wan and jaqen like this.
  12. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    They'll figure something out.

As long as it's respectful and not some lazy off-screen thing, it'll be fine.

13. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I was thinking of them doing an animated short in the style of Rebels or something possibly showing what could have been for Episode 9. Show Leia training Rey, using a lightsaber, confronting Ben. Have this take place before episode 9. But they will probably do something cheap.

KSennia likes this.
  14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I do think that it is bet for Leia to die somehow between films. Later we can get more of her character if we get a "TCW" style show. A series set between the time gap of TLJ and IX.

15. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000
    I think that, despite ruling CGI out already, there will be at least one scene at the very end of a force-ghost Leia with Luke together. Maybe overlooking a redeemed (or dead) Kylo. But I can definetely see at least one scene with them together as ghosts in the afterlife reunited.

Ridley Solo likes this.
  16. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Is it possible there is already shot footage they will use to kill her off early in the movie + / - some minor adjustments....

17. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Somebody tell me if we need spoiler tags for TLJ spoilers?

Anyway, in an interview Rian said this.

"The minute she finished, she grabbed me and said, 'I'd better be at the forefront of IX!' Because Harrison was front and center on VII, and Mark is front and center on VIII. She thought IX would be her movie. And it would have been."―The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson on Carrie Fisher

So apparently it was going to be her movie. Todd Fisher said that she will appear in IX, but some time after, Lucasfilm has said they will not digitally recreate Carrie, and Kathleen Kennedy has said Carrie won't appear in the movie. What can this mean and how do they do this movie without Carrie who was going to be a center piece? Perhaps Kennedy and Lucasfilm is lying and they forgot to tell Todd to be silent about it, because spoilers. I guess the possibilities are recasting or digital recreation, I don't want to see any opening crawl "In the wake of General Leia Organa's passing...". I'd be dissapointed

18. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Why isn't she a Jedi?

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Because she found her higher calling of being the a Senator, the leader of the Rebellion and Resistance, she was a mother and wife. She was a leader just because she was force-sensitive doesn't mean you have to be a Jedi; she was a fighter.

20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Can finally get onto the boards and actually post.

Leia either dies alas Bail Organa or becomes ill. She will appear as a ghost in the end of IX for sure.

21. B_Mothmackbar

B_Mothmackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2016
    It's plausible she could be written out as rallying the allies she believes are out there, while Poe leads the rebellion/resistance on whatever mission they'll be on for the film. Anyway, Carrie's loss will be felt and it's heartbreaking we won't see her or Leia in IX.

Senator Wan, jaqen and MattOrgana like this.
  22. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I wish JJ good luck with the Carrie situation.

Senator Wan, sethg and jaqen like this.
  23. jwrein1202

jwrein1202 Jedi Padawan

Dec 19, 2017
    I think they messed up with this. If carrie fisher would still be alive I wouldn't dislike the movie as much. 1 or 2 scenes of CGI and re filming 1 or 2 scenes and making Leia be the one to go down with the ship I think could have been the fix. It would have set the new lady up to be the resistence General. Freed them of figuring out what to do abiut Leia in the next film. They could have either just cut the scene with luke dying or even if they decided to still kill him off. They just force ghost the hell out of him in the next one to continue it as a Skywalker Saga. Either way he could train Rey as a force ghost helping her to beat Kylo and begin a new Jedi order fixing his failure. Just my idea but I think the fans would have understood the need for 1 or 2 cgi scenes to make Leia go down with the ship as a hero given the actor passed away.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    That would lose us the scene where Leia meets with Luke for the last time though. And that scene was really good, regardless what you think of the rest of the film. It's the last time Luke and Leia can ever meet on-screen.

Edit: Although, yeah, it would have made some sense to have Leia go out in a sacrifice, but presumably plans were made for her to appear in Ep IX before Fisher's death.

25. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Meh, they could have CGI'd the environment around Mark and Carrie and made their reunion scene a metaphysical one that that takes place as Leia is dying and becoming one with the Force. There's was a spiritual reunion anyway as it played out with Luke not even there physically on Crait. I wasn't super happy with Luke dying in TLJ, but if he joined the Force and Leia died too all in the same movie, that would be, in a way, poetic and make some sense.

Leia going kamikaze to save the Resistance would have been epic (and also emotional as she'd have known there's a chance she's killing her son in the process), and other than talk to Luke, she really didn't do anything else on Crait. Laura Dern could have shot a few reshoots and been inserted into Leia's part on Crait. Then you have Holdo inserted naturally as the Leia stand-in for 9 with Poe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.