main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leia remembers Mrs. Bail Organa as her "real mother"

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Vortigern99, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    It is my considered opinion that until Luke informs her otherwise, Princess Leia believes that Bail Organa was her real father, and his wife was her real mother -- the "sad, beautiful" lady whom she recalls on Endor in her ROTJ conversation with Luke.

The facts are as follows: in ROTS baby Leia at no time sees or is touched by Padme (at least, not on-screen). However, we are given an entire scene in which Leia is handed to Mrs. Organa, and there is even a close-up of baby Leia looking into her new mother's eyes. I submit that this is the memory of which Leia later speaks to her brother, which demonstrates that she, like Luke, had no clue as to her own true origins.

She did not know she was adopted, did not know that her "real mother" was Padme Amidala. We can only conclude from this point that the first Mrs. Organa died soon after the events of ROTS, to be replaced by a step-mother who was probably killed when Alderaan exploded in ANH.

If there is any counter-argument to this theory, I would certainly like to hear it, and I'll be glad to be proved wrong!

Until then...

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Strilo edit: ROTS threads belong in the ROTS forum

2. sepharih

sepharih Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2005
    That's basically been my opinion as well, and until I hear Lucas in the commentary say otherwise I'm sticking to it.
    I know there are a ton of reasons how she could remember Padme, but I've yet to hear one of them that doesn't require an incredible stretch to seem plausable.

3. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Sepharih, I would buy it as a "Force-memory" if baby Leia even glimpsed Padme. But she doesn't. Even Luke gets a better "look" at his Mom than Leia!

4. Panaka_kicked_Padme

Panaka_kicked_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    no obviously if luke asked her about her "real" mother, she knew that the organas werent her parents. If she hadnt known that when luke asked her she would of been confused. Even that when she answers luke she even states that she died when she was young. So what if young is like 5 minutes old in leias case.

5. Boba_Phat

Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2000
    In The Annotated Screenplays Lucas made it clear that Leia remembered her real mother. But, I don't know what his position about this is now as that quote was from several years ago. I want to believe she actually remembered Padmé, but then it wouldn't make sense why Luke doesn't remember her. So, I don't know what to think of this.

6. Panaka_kicked_Padme

Panaka_kicked_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    cuz luke is a doofus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.