main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leia's Speech In SbS

Discussion in 'Literature' started by YoungJedi11, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I lent my friend Star By Star, but I really wanted to know exactly what Leia said in her speech at the end. Would someone please be able to post it? I'd be much obliged. Thanks! :)

2. Starron

Starron Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2002
    "This is not the end."Leia said."Two years ago, the Yuuzhan Vong entered our galaxy.They came as not friends or equals, though we gladlyy\ would have welcomed them as such, but as theives and conquerers.They saw a galaxy at peace and mistook the strength of our frailty of arms, the wisdom of compromise for the timidity of cowards. They attacked without provocation or mercy, slaying billions of our citizens, enslaving entire worlds, and sacrificing millions of beings to appease the bloodlust of their imaginary gods."

"They were wrong.We have fought at Dubrillion, Ithor, the Black Bantha, Borleias and Corellia - we have fought every leg of the way from the Outer Rim to the Core.We have lost untold numbers of loved ones, my own son Anakin and my husband's dear friend Chewbacca, and now we are battling in the skies over Coruscant itself.We are still fighting."

"This is not the end.Twice already, Jedi-led fleets have decimated Yuuzhan Vong fleets, and we enter each battle with new tactics, and better weapons.We have prevailed against enemies before, against Palpatine, against Thrawn, against the Ssi-ruuk.This is a war we know how to win.Keep fighting until you can fight no longer, then exhaust the enemy chasing you, and turn and fight some more.Keep fighting.I promise you, peace will prevail."

Leia, Page 557.A inspiring speech.

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Thank you so much Starron!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.