main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leland Chee: No More Canon Levels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Narutakikun, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Normally I don't say this, but: I told you so.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/7/52...non-can-now-include-expanded-universe-stories

Basically, from now forward (key phrase - there is no backwards compatability promised or implied here), all Star Wars stories - games, novels, comics, TV, and so on - will all be at one level of canon. There is no more EU in the sense we have known it. There's no more G-canon, C-canon, T-canon, Q-canon, or Schua-canon. There's just the Star Wars universe - one contiguous, interlocking, consistent, seamless, 360-degree-integrated whole.

Canon levels was the independent Lucasfilm way. It's not the Disney way. It has never been how Disney does business, and it won't be how Disney handles Star Wars going forward.

Which is all great news as far as I'm concerned. No more stories that don't count, or didn't "really" happen, and that are shaky propositions as far as investing any interest or emotion into them. No more arguments about what is canon and what isn't, about what story outranks what, about which contradictory piece of lore is the "real" version.

About damn time.

Darth Kickass likes this.
  2. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    P. S. this also settles the argument about what canon level Rebels is. It's Star Wars canon - the one and only level that exists going forward. Period, full stop, end of story.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    We already have enough threads talking about Leland's comments and Rebels canon in general. No need to devote an entirely new thread to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.