main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leland Chee's holocron query

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by QuiWanKenJin, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    This is for Leland Chee, since he regards himself as being the continuity guru. In Star Wars episode IV Obi-Wan gives Luke his fathers lightsaber and says,"your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough." No where in the movies does Anakin ever say this. Is there an explanation for this, perhaps in one of the novels? Or was this a mistake by GL that really doesn't have any retconn. Other than, Obi-Wan lied? Thank you so much. If there is no explanation then, maybe you should petition a novelist to put this scene in a clone wars novel: Anakin: Master.
    Obi-Wan: Yes Anakin
    Anakin:If I had a son.....
    Obi-Wan: Anakin, you know that a Jedi is forbidden from such acts.
    Anakin: I know master, just saying hypothetically. Let's say if Jedi were
    allowed to have such things and you had a son, and you couldn't be around for
    him, like some of these refugees we just encountered, it makes me think
    about it. If you were them and you had one last time to see your son, before
    you died, what would you pass on to him?
    Obi-Wan: If it was me, I would desire him to know the ways of the force, as I
    have and I would give him my lightsaber to remember me.
    Anakin: Master, if it were me, that is what I would do as well. ........Fixed! [face_dancing]

Locked at author's request

2. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Most likely that, right alongside "I haven't gone by the name Obi-wan since before you were born."

3. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

What do you mean?:confused:

4. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Well since he gave up his identity right after Luke was born, I guess he was off by a couple days.

5. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

Let's face it. Even Leland Chee probably doesn't have an answer for this. Along with Yoda supposedly training Ob-Wan, these things erode any kind of continuity between I, II, III, and IV,V,VI. It's a shame they didn't think it through. :(:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.