main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lens Flare

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JediDrew, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    Ryan W??? Are you there? can you read this??? help me out.

DO you think he heard me???

Yea, that sounds like me...i got the cd in a paper case that was labelled with a magic marker and has no manuel....BUT ITS NOT BOOTLEG!!! [face_laugh]

I seriously don't even know how to edit video, i can barely load a video file...its really sad. anyway...a link to some kind of online maual would be helpful.

2. dan005e

dan005e Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    ^If need be PM Ryan.

I am going to be searching for some type of Online After Effects manual. If I get one I will give you the link. But no promises I will find anything.

3. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    thanks dan, i will search as well

4. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    "If you want a great example of bad ussage of lens flares, watch Blade Runner.Every ship gives off a lens flare!"

Is this a bad use of lens flare or a stylistic decision that you just don't happen to like?

For me the lens flares add a lot to the visual quality of the film. Few other movies can match the look that Blade Runner has, surely its use of flares is one of them?

For a good use of flares in fanfilms look at the final shot in Duality, the long blue flare looks great in a widescreen image.

And don't forge you can separate the flare from the lens artefacts. (Well, you can in Lightwave anyway.)

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.