main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leonardo Di Caprio would've made a better Anakin

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by yodaschum, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    And besides....

No... I'll be good... must not bash the bilgerat...

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

2. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    you forgot....

too blonde.

;)

3. White_Knight_ES1

White_Knight_ES1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2002
    Definitely too short. A lightsaber is as tall as he is.

4. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

Only if you dance for me

Deal!

[image=http://www.millan.net/anims/giffar/germanhula2.gif]

5. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    I don't think ol' DiCaprio would have made that bad of an Anakin. He is actually quite a good actor even if he lacks some charisma. I enjoyed him in Titanic (own the movie on DVD) and he did a good job playing the duel roles of his own twin in Man In The Iron Mask, a role that forced him to play on the one hand an innocent and naive individual and an arrogant and corrupt one on the other.

The biggest problem with Leo in Star Wars is that too many people would have seen "Leonardo DiCaprio" and not "Anakin Skywalker." He would have become too much of the focus to the detriment of the movie as Star Wars requires ensemble casts.

6. The_Shadow_SITH

The_Shadow_SITH Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2002
    Seeing Leo in "Titanic" saying, "I'm King of the World" to being in AOTC and saying, "They're animals...And I slaughtered them like animals" wouldn't be a good transfer. Leo isn't a good actor in my eyes.

7. starwarsfan182

starwarsfan182 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002
    Leonardo dicaprio is a fruit.

8. The_Shadow_SITH

Jul 28, 2002
  9. Logansmiddleclaw

Logansmiddleclaw Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    Looks like he'll be playing another fruit. Ted Tally confirmed that he has been cast as Alexander in Baz Luhrman's Alexander the Great. It will be produced by Dino DeLaurentis and Martin Scorcese. This should be interesting.

10. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Hey AL, whats with the picture - it doesn't work ?[face_plain]

Both of us are in the same country, so I was really looking forward to singing to your dancing. [face_plain]

11. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Elijah Wood would have beat Hayden,and Dicapro. [face_laugh]

12. The_Shadow_SITH

Jul 28, 2002
    Yet, then Wood would have had two big hits. LOTR and SW! That wouldn't be fair.

13. ray-jedi

ray-jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2002
    i think hayden did a awsome job with Anakin.

he is a awsome actor.

you should watch his acting in LIFE AS A HOUSE, it was real life like drama, from Hayden.

can't wait to see him again in EP3

14. Lagniappe

Lagniappe Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    I cannot truly understand how anyone who has seen DiCaprio in movies like Gilbert Grape or the Basketball Diaries can claim he is a poor actor. He is quite talented, but it seems to be "fashionable" to bash him.

That said, I am glad he was not in AOTC simply because he is such a big name actor...

Oh, and I happen to love Man in the Iron Mask.

15. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Looks like it's become fashionable to bash Hayden too.... *sigh*

It really has turned out to become a bash-Hayden-to-defend-Leo thing...

16. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    They're both good (but not great) actors. However, I think Christensen's stunning performance in the confession scene should have been more than enough to put all criticisms of his acting ability to rest. That was one of the most important scenes in the saga, and he delivered where it counted.

17. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I thought Leo was good in Romeo and Juliet. I liked it, surprisingly, and I think most people don't like him because of that "Hate-all-pretty-boys" attitude most of us males have. However, he would not have made a good Anakin AT ALL. First off, to quote Mace Windu, "He's too old." Anakin's youthful rebellion would not have been portrayed well by DiCaprio.
    I thought Hayden did a great job, with the exception of the fireplace scene, but that had some cornball dialog anyway. I also heard somewhere that The Flanneled One cast him more for Ep 3 than Ep 2 anyway. That evil look he has (Look at jedi_ginny's icon) will be GREAT during his transformation into Vader.

18. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Very well said, JoeSunRider.

Can't wait for Ep3!

(I love my avatar. Heheh.) :D

19. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    SEX, SEX,SEX, "Pull out your lightsaber" & dancing! [face_laugh]

This threads got it ALL!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

20. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Drag39 - Eljah Wood???? Gimme break :eek:

Do you really mean that LOTR dwarf?? You cannot be serious...

21. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    Do you really mean that LOTR dwarf?? You cannot be serious...

It's common knowledge that Lucas has a fixation for short people. Elijah Wood is 5'7".

22. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    To begin with I would like to say that nobody could have done a better job than Christensen. He was perfection. I don't think DiCaprio would have been a good Anakin. He is not that good an actor that he could have portrayed both sides of Anakin's personality successfully (Christensen was convincing as the man who loved Padmé/Shmi but also as the mass murderer he became). But the main problem I had with DiCaprio as Anakin was his fame. Lucas has never chosen famous actors to play the biggest roles in Star Wars and that is a good thing. Sure Neeson was known as well as McGregor and Portman but they weren't superstars like DiCaprio is (or should I say used to be). It was the same in the original trilogy. When the original film was released the only known "superstars" in the film were Alec Guinnes and Peter Cushing. And although their roles were important they were supportive roles (the same can be said about Jackson in the prequel trilogy). I think one of the greatest aspects about Star Wars is that there are no superstars in the leading roles (except Ford who only became a superstar because of Star Wars). My point is that although I have nothing against DiCaprio, he would simply be wrong as Anakin and that is why Lucas didn't consider him. And we should all be glad as Christensen is not only good but HE IS Anakin/Darth Vader just like Ford IS Han Solo etc.

23. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Leo was to old and Hayden was not.

24. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    What's the score? Did we win yet? This has got to be landslide.

[face_plain]

25. chieftan_1111

chieftan_1111 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2002
    Next think you know they're going to say that Ryan Phillipe would have been good too...*SIGH*...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.