main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leonardo Di Caprio would've made a better Anakin

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by yodaschum, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Oh! Okay. Thanks, Dana. But uh, he still looks older. :D Ah, well, I guess I just like Hayden too much for the role. ;)

2. DANTIUS_PALPATINE2

DANTIUS_PALPATINE2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2002
    Just for the record. I stated in my last post that it wasn't only Hayden that I found fault with on the portrayal of Anakin. I said that Lucas should have developed the character a little bit more. Hayden is a great actor, I just think, IMHO, that he wasn't the right choice for a young Anakin. However, he was dead on during the Tusken Slaughter scene. I was very pleased with that scene.

3. DARTH-MUGATU

DARTH-MUGATU Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2002
    Anyone else but me think that the actors hired to play these roles are just fine?

Jesus Christ. Might as well Have Mike Tyson play Mace, Conan O'Brien play Ob1 and Ron Jeremy play Yoda.

Moot the point is.

4. MINI_YODA

MINI_YODA Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    the imagery of Tyson saying "thish pahty's ovah, I'm gonna bhust yo ash"
    LOL

5. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Darth Mugatu, I was thinking the same thing.

Hayden is awesome as Anakin and I can't imagine anyone buthim as the Vader-to-be.

Enough said on what i think.

6. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hayden Christensen did a fine job as Anakin! :) I can imagine no one else playing that part as well as Hayden did, especially Leo. Ick! He may have had a big hit with Titanic, but swinging a lightsaber around is not the job for him. he'd poke someone's eye out or something. It just wouldn't click like it did with Hayden playing the future Darth Vadar. Plus, Hayden had all the right emotions and everything. He was fine. But's that's just MHO. :D
    ~*Monica*~

7. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Nice to see you here Monica and I agree with you.

8. steechmaster

steechmaster Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    bad, u are to think that of Sterling......
    i live so close to him ( cant trigger that info )
    and he's the best !!!
    i'm a sinch into getting accepted into his agency and cant wait....
    he's the only one person to make anakin look good

the force is STRONG with HIM.....

those who disagree are F*GS!!!

9. MobartZmuda

MobartZmuda Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    ^I didn't know what the heck you were talking about until I realized HC's first name is actually Sterling.

You are correct, Sterling is awesome as Anakin! DiCrapio sucks!

10. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    His name isn't Sterling by the way.

11. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    No, I'm quite sure his name is Sterling. I might be wrong, though.

12. BIG_BEN

BIG_BEN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Leo? No. I was actually more impressed with Hayden's performance in SW until I saw Life as a House. Two totally different movies, but the exact same acting. Aside from the obvious "costuming" and set differences, Hayden essentially came off as the same character in both movies. Having said that, I think Hayden did an excellent job in SW considering what he was given script-wise.

13. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    I read an interview of him where he said his first name isn't Sterling. He's just Hayden. But for the life of me, I couldn't find the link to that interview....

14. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Leo would not to me be a better Anakin. He may not have taken anything for george, but this is george's movie and he should not have to bend his story for an actor.

15. steechmaster

steechmaster Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    bull****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remember when sooooooooooooo many of u cried about hayden's voice not being DEEP ENOUGH?!?!
    first of all that's RETARDED cause his voice doesn't get deep unless he has his mask on....that's why in ep 6 his voice goes back to normal when luke takes off his mask......

but leo as anakin?!?!
    and his voice would be better, right?!
    yeah, cause he sounds like a little GIRL.

16. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Jedi_ginny: try this:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/dynamic/hottx/film/top_film.html?in_review_id=577096&in_review_text_id=474285

(Hope it works)

17. Jedi_Skye

Jedi_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Leonardo DiCaprio as Anakin would have killed AOTC before it was even released. I think Hayden did a great job. You have to remember about direction and editing being a huge part in making or breaking a character. Remember Hayden was chosen because he could go from being sweet and innocent to dark and sinister. He was really good in Life as a House! :)

And as much as I like Heath Ledger, I don't think he would have been a good Anakin. He's too scruffy lookin'. :p

18. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Auntie_Jedi: Thanks. I'll try that....

Jedi_Skye: "Who's scruffy looking?" LOL. Good description of Heath Ledger there.

EDIT: Thanks for the link, Auntie_Jedi. That wasn't the article I read, but it answered the question. Not Irving. Not Sterling. Just Hayden. :D That was a totally amusing interview, by the way. I think I like him more. He's such a fascinating person on and off screen. Thanks again. :)

19. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Leo is a [watch your language, kid].... He would have amde a very CRAPPY Anikan. Leo is whimpy, Hayden suited the role perfecto

20. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    Leo would have brought Tobey Macguire with him...and would Spidey Boy had to have a role? As what?!

Oh, and someone mentioned above that Dicappucino and "Blanchett" were good in "Titanic"...sorry, but it's WINSLET, not Blanchett.

21. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    I guess I owe an apology to DANA28 , jedi_ginny , and AUNTIE_JEDI . Looks liked I was wrong about HC's first name being Sterling. I guess it really is true that you can't believe everything you read on the internet, such as the title of this thread.

22. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
  23. hansoloschinscar

hansoloschinscar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2001
    NO! Lenny Di Craprio would have been a terrible choice. For one thing, It would have given the appearance that GL had "sold out" by trying to bring in teeny bopper demographic with a "hearthrob" (though there are unhappy "fans" out there who think that GL has sold out for a myriad of reasons). And another thing, a known name in the lead role would have gotten in the way of the overall story. I like the casting method of using unknowns and might be knowns in lead roles (Hamill, Ford, Fisher, Hayden, etc) and respected and established character actors in supporting roles (Lee, Cushing, Neeson, Guiness, etc). Di Crapio as Anakin would have made it seem too much like a "Hollywood" movie, and if you seen the A&E Biography on George Lucas, you know he wants to be as un-Hollywood as possible.

24. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Be as un-hollywood as possible?? So you get Samuel L. Jackson??

25. Nom_Anor_Executor

Nom_Anor_Executor Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2002
    **sigh**
    Leo would have made a horrible Anakin. The reasons are so simple!
    1. He is too old to be Anakin. Anankin is 19 in AOTC.
    2.He would have made AOTC look like Titanic.
    3. He would have looked like a fool wielding a lightsaber.
    4. He does not look like he would turn into Darth Vader.
    Listen I prayed every single day that someone else would be Anakin. And what is wrong with Portman's performance?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.