main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Less knowledgable Star Wars fan seeking help

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Hercu Dogla, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    So I'm 21 years old and have been a long time fan of the Star wars franchise. I still remember getting the original trilogy box set when I was like 8 and they quickly became some of my favorite movies soon followed by the prequels when they were release. However, outside of the movies I am very inexperienced in terms of the Star wars universe.

I recently injured my foot pretty badly and have been bed ridden for over a week and have started watching TCW which I am loving (and I have to add I'm a little sad theres no season 6 on the horizon). Now I want to try and expand both my knowledge and insight into this massive world except I don't really know where to start.

I love reading and would love getting into the countless books that are out there but I don't even know where to start. I tried looking up the time line for the universe but it was so immense it just confused the hell outta me. So I guess I'm just looking for any insight as to where might be a good place to start (book wise). Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Welcome to the forums! Starting watching The Clone Wars ey? That's great, I watch and discuss that nearly every day! If you want to talk more about The Clone Wars, head over to the LACWAC section of the forums here http://boards.theforce.net/forums/live-action-clone-wars-classics.10467/ That's where I spend most of my time on the forums.

As for where to start with the books, I don't know sorry, but I'm sure someone will come on and answer that question for you :) If you need any more help with anything, just ask.

3. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Hi! Welcome to the forums! I, also am sad there will not be a season 6 of The Clone Wars. As for books, I would start with The Thrawn Trilogy (TTT) by Timothy Zahn. They are the first books written to be set after ROTJ and they started the modern EU (Expanded Universe). Timothy Zahn is also a fan favorite author.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  4. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome to the boards, Hercu! :)

Hope your foot gets better. A few good timeline of the books (in relation to the films) are here and here.

With this in mind, you should head to the Literature sub-forum, especially the New To The EU thread.
    The latter will be extremely helpful.

If you need any help or have any other questions, feel free to use this thread to ask them.

Good luck and have fun!

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Hercu Dogla! :)

It's hard to suggest a good book, since there are tons of them and lots of them are good. Some are not that well written, but even with sorting those ones out, there are still too many too suggest in my view. My suggestion would be, follow the links above to the EU and book section and read for a while. Then you'll find out which one might be the best one to start with for you. :)

In addition I would like to suggest to spend some time at the boards discovering it, because there are so many boards with so many differnt topics that you might be surprised what you could do as well (beside of reading books). What about playing a SW game? Or SW roleplaying game (possible at this forum as well)? Or how about making your own costume (maybe Ahsoka-like)? Or meeting other SW fans from your area? Or maybe even writing your own FanFiction? For all those things, you can get advices, helps, tutorials at this forum. Just ask or keep an eye open for it.

Enjoy your stay! :)