main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Less than 10 days to go!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by jedichic07, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Hey everyone! I personally can't wait to see some of your creations in person at Dragon Con! Can you believe it's so close?

2. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    I believe it, and it's freaking me out.
    I'm so overtaxed than now I've achieved a sort of zen state, but with frantic sewing happening.

-sg

3. skywalker325

skywalker325 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I'm so sad, I never get to go to any conventions. Idaho doesn't have much of that type of thing. :(

4. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    Beware of BARBIE JEDI

*cannot wait, and will be skipping class to attend. And possibly to finish up last minute costume bits*

5. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Barbie Jedi?
    Its a good thing Im going to be at Dragon Con this year so I can see that for myself, LOL

John

6. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Where is it? And do you have to dress up?

7. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    Dragon*Con is a yearly Sci-fi/Pop Culture convention in Atlanta.

You don't have to dress up, but it sure makes the whole thing more fun! :p

8. -LadyVader-

-LadyVader- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    EEK! >.< I'm so excited! So what kind of costumes are y'all going to be sporting? I'm doing one custom SW (LadyVader), Nefertiri from The Mummy Returns, and Tomb Raider.

9. Vaderkahn

Vaderkahn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2002
    Yikes, 8 days and counting.

I've got a Miralukan Sith Lord outfit, which I'll complete there (EL saber). My wife has three outfits - a Jedi (with green for a mixed Corellian heritage), Mara Jade (real red hair helps a lot!) and a Faerie green-purple costume that she's working on frantically today.

8 days to go and still have so much to do - pleather tabbards need finished for my sith along with the larger belt, belt pouches need finished, need to touch up her Mara Jade hardware saber...finish the faerie costume, and pain the pen caps for her Jedi "food capsules". This weekend is crunch time.

Can't wait to see all the excellent costumes!

10. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Ahh, I am so excited! My costumes are done and shipped to Ladystar who is bringing them for me so I don't have to fly with them. I am bringing Jango, Slave Leia, Lady Maul, and Trinity from The Matrix.

11. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    I don't mean to be impolite, but who the $&%^# do I have to sleep with to get the Dragon Con 2003 Schedule Grid?

Some of the programming tracks have schedules available, but the big grid that shows everything that's happening at each hour is the best tool for planning your Dragon Con experience.

The Daily Dragon website say's it should be available 'approximately 2 weeks before the convention', but the convention is only a little more than a week away now.

Maybe I'm just obsessing too much. :^P

12. CrimsonVision

CrimsonVision Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I can't believe I leave (driving) one week from tonight!

My costumes include:
    3 different Satine from Moulin Rouge costumes
    Padme Black Corset Gown
    Mara Jade
    And quite a few 'random' outfits Im bringing along 'just in case'

Not only am I sewing for myself this year but for my Boi as well. His trousseau includes:
    Christian from Moulin Rouge
    ROTJ Luke
    AoTC Obi Wan
    and a Kilt :)

So yeap. Much more sewing to be done. :p

13. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I am also driving out next Wednesday as well. I am only able to bring 2 costumes this year:

my so to be finished Royal Guard & Jedi costumes. I wanted to do more but of course didn't have enough money to make them in time. There's always next year. :D

14. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    Argh! Too little time! I'm bringing my Packing Dress and my Leather and Lace Padme outfits, as well as a Can-can Moulin Rouge, a costume from Buffy, a Harry Potter costume, and a random con t-shirt. Hope that's enough, I can't sew anymore!

15. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I only have a few differant styles of Jedi for comfort. :) I do have Visitor uniform but am not too sure if I want to bring i talong or not.

16. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    I still have a few modifications to make to my Jedi ensemble. Everything else is pretty much good to go.

17. -LadyVader-

-LadyVader- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh..wow...I can't wait to see all these costumes! Gosh...I wonder if I will get to see all of them...Feel free to stop by the Alabama StarWars Syndicate table to show me!

18. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    HOW many days?

omg..

*cranks out the costume repairs*

I know what i'll be doing all day before i get on the plane..

REPAIRS!

1 week to go! This will be great! I can't wait to meet you all that have helped me for the last year and a half!

19. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    Crimson, 3 Satine costumes? Wow - which ones other than Black Diamonds?

I have a ton of costumes too - I'm afraid I'm going to be taking up more than my share of room in the car! I'm caravaning down with 7 people. :)

I have a Moulin Rouge costume, Jedi (for a panel), Arwen Chase (for Masquerade), Arwen Rose (for costume panel), Padme Tatooine poncho costume, and a Harry Potter costume for a friend to wear in our Masquerade skit.

We're leaving a week from tomorrow morning! Ack!

Maggie

20. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I'm only bringing my TK armor and my Padme white battle outfit to D*C, I just haven't been into fixing up some of my other projects lately. I think I'm still in a post-gencon slump! :(

21. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    I'm taking my sandtrooper armor and my Imperial Uniform.

Karma: No Aayla Secura? You could paint up with ScottMaul and go visit Ray Park. :)

22. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    That sounds like WAY too much fun! :D
    If only New York had stuff like that. :(

23. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
  24. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Karma: No Aayla Secura? You could paint up with ScottMaul and go visit Ray Park.

I would love to do Aayla but, it takes two people to do the makeup and I'm attending D*C solo...I'm leaving the ball and cha...I mean, the husband, at home. woo hoo! It will be a weekend of simpler costumes for I.

25. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Hmm let's see.

Goth Sith (in contrast to TG's Barbie Jedi~ *hi5s TG* Fangirling in less than a week!!!), random pirate, Hannah Solo (don't ask), Mitsuko from Battle Royale, Han in Carbonite (not what you think. :D)...

I think that's about it. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.