main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lessien

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by lessien, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lessien

lessien Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2006
    Hello ! I'm new. I'm a fan of Star Wars since my parents talked about the original trilogy because they are fans of it.
    I live in France & I'm interested by this forum because there is a part called Costumes & Props in Fan Activities. I love art & I've a new project : build some Padme's costume... but I don't know if I could... because I've no talent...
    Hope to talk to you very soon
    Bye

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome to the boards, Lessien! :)

Although I haven't made my own costume yet, I think the costume boards are very helpful and it isn't too difficulty to make one, because you can do everything step by step and I've heard people fixing and changing things afterswards as well. But for sure it takes lots of time, especially to find the best material for it. :)

I hope you have much fun making your new costume. And maybe you want to check out your local FanForce. Maybe there are some more people who make costume and maybe they can help you. :)

Enjoy your stay and if you have any question, don't hesitate to ask us. We'll help you. :)

See you around (maybe at the Newbie Welcome Party?). :)

3. WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2006
    Hi, Lessien! It's nice to meet you [:D]

That's great that you're interested in costume-building. I really like some of the costumes Padme wore (or did I just like Padme? [face_blush] ) I'm a Newbie, too, so I know things are overwhelming at first. But there is something for everyone here, and it looks like you already found yourself a niche. I'm usually in here or FanFic Resource, but I'm sure I'll see you about.

--WW :cool:

4. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    Hello there, Lessien! Welcome to the boards! I hope you'll enjoy yourself! :)

5. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    welcome to the JC lissien, it's always fun to see new people and good luck with the costumes:).

6. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Welcome to the boards!

It's pretty cool that there's a particular board that seems to peak your interest. Just don't forget that there are several other boards for several other topics here, you should maybe take a look at the Map of the Boards - can really help you find your way and show you completely new ways to go. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, and don't be shy to explore. You're welcomed to hang out in Welcome New Users for as long as you'd like, just know how much there is beyond.

Enjoy your stay!

7. lessien

lessien Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2006
    Of course I know that ! I love Star Wars movies & universe so I'll take a tour in the all forums & try to participate !
    I would like to begin to made my own Padme's Picnic costume. It must be hard...

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    That's a big aim to participate in all boards. Most of us have a few main/favorite boards and visit the other boards from time to time. ;)

I know one who did that costume. It looked good. :)
    Good luck and be patient. :)

9. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Hi Lessien, have fun looking through the boards. If you manage to go to all boards: could you come back and give a review (I never looked everywhere in a short time span, and haven't been in some places for ages :) Good luck/much success with the costume. And, most inportantly: enjoy your board time!

DU.

10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    A welcome [:D]!

11. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    welcome to the world of costuming!!! I love it.. and I am lousy at it.. but it is fun to try and create!! Enjoy yourself.. feel free to drop by our forum for tucson any time you want..we love visitors.

tucson, arizona, USA boards

12. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Welcome to the JC lessien, have fun! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.