main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lessons and Love (Luke, Yoda, Han and Leia) Chapter 1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Disclaimer: Disney owns SW, and George Lucas is it’s creator. I just enjoy playing in that wonderful “Galaxy Far, Far Away”.It’s so much fun to imagine what I think could, should, or might have happened in certain situations of the novels and films.

Introduction:

Usually, I just create my own characters, and use elements from the SW Universe, like Sith, Jedi, lightsaber, ETC.
    This is my first fan fic using preexisting characters.

This story takes place during TESB after the battle on the planet of Hoth. It is told from Luke and Leia’s point of view, with leia discovering romance with Han Solo, and Luke on the planet of Dagobah training with Jedi Grand Master Yoda. The purpose of this tale is to explore Luke and Leia’s thoughts and feelings about their experiences. I think that Luke could have been quite the imposible young student if time had been allowed in the film to show it. I also believe that Leia and Han’s moments together should have been more romantic. This story will open with Luke in Yoda’s house eating. I hope to make everyone laugh, get frustrated with Luke, wonder, feel warmth from Han and Leia’s tender moments, and more. I hope all readers enjoy it. Now without further delay, let's get on with the story.

Chapter 1: Luke

I just couldn’t believe what I had gotten myself into by listening to Obi-Wan Kenobi. There I was in the smallest hut I had ever seen, and eating some strange food that I didn’t really want, and this little, uh, creature serving me like this place was a diner. For the love of banthas, I just wanted to see Master Yoda; not him. I wanted to begin my Jedi training now, not stuff my face with whatever this was I was eating, even if it was delicious. Blast it, I wanted to become a Jedi as soon as possible, so I could rejoin Han and leia. They needed me. Why couldn’t we just go see the Jedi Master, and get it over with. This little fella was really getting on my nerves.

I didn’t like the little bluish green creature from the first time I met him. He rummaged through my supplies, made a mess with a container of food I was eating for dinner, and got into a fight with R2 over a lamp.
    The sooner we found the Jedi master, the sooner I would be rid of this nuisance.

Then the little nuisance had the nerve to ask me a question.

“Why wish you become Jedi, hmmm?”

I wanted to tell him it was none of his business, but instead I answered, “Mostly because of my father, I guess.”

“Ah, your father. Powerful Jedi was he. Powerful! Jedi. Mmm.”

All right, that did it. Now he was making me angry. I knew he didn’t know what in the blazes he was talking about. Yoda and I would have to have a long talk about this person.
    I let the creature know how I felt.

“Oh, come on. How could you know my father? You don’t even know who I am.” I was fed up with waiting. I let the little fella know it too. I said, “I don’t even know what I’m doing here. We’re wasting our time.”He turned away, and began speaking, but I assumed that he was talking to himself, and he sounded irritated. Why was he annoyed? After all, he was the one that entered my camp, messed it upp and brought me here. I was the one that was the victim here; not him.

“I cannot teach him,” the creature said. The boy has no patience.Then I heard a very familiar voice say, “He will learn patience.”I turned to see who it was, but saw nobody. I was shocked when it slowly dawned on me that my tiny pest problem was none other than Jedi Master Yoda, and the voice I heard belonged to Ben Kenobi. Yoda continued to speak, and I listened.

“Hmmm, much anger in him. Like his father.”Ben asked, “was I any different when you taught me?”Yoda answered, “Hah. He is not ready.”

Why that womp rat. How dare he say that. I could stand being silent no longer, so I spoke up.

“Yoda! I am ready. I...Ben! I can be a Jedi. Ben, tell him I'm ready.”

When I tried to stand up, I forgot that I was not in a regular sized house, and hit my head on the blasted roof of the place. Outch!

Yoda responded, “Ready, are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained! A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind.”

Yoda spoke to Ben concerning me. This one a long time have I watched. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things.”

The Jedi Master turned to me and said, “You are wreckless!”I hated to admit it, but Yoda was right. All I could do was hang my head in shame. Somehow I would make the little runt pay for making me feel so bad though. This was a firm promise I made to myself.

Ben answered Yoda. “So was I, if you’ll remember.”Been Kenobi wreckless? Now that was a surprising thing to learn.

Yoda spoke again with yet another reason why I shouldn’t be trained in the ways of the Jedi.“He is too old. Yes, too old to begin the training."

Okay, now Yoda was worse than a womp rat. I was looking forward to my revenge on him for insulting me. The Force knows I was hundreds of years Younger than him. Did he like me? Was I too tall, was it my dress code, was it my voice or my way of talking? Just what was Yoda’s problem with me? Wait, maybe he was only joking. I sensed a little less sternness in the Jedi’s voice. I could yet have a chance at being Yoda’s apprentice. I just had to say something though; anything to get Yoda to change his mind.

“But I've learned so much,”I pleaded.The tiny Jedi looked at me with a piercing gaze; as if trying to see just how much knowledge I had. This made me very uneasy. Then, Yoda turned to speak to the unseen Ben Kenobi.

“Will he finish what he begins?”I assured Yoda, “I won’t fail you. I’m not afraid.”The old Jedi Master seemed impressed.He replied, “Oh, you will be. You will be.”I then wondered just what I had gotten myself into.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    I like this though you really need to change that color tag you put on here.

I had to highlight the whole entry just to read it.

Good job though!

3. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    SHADOW_MASTER_W How about now? Thanks for the complement on the first chapter.

Spam. Won't happen again.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Well, hello Rainbow!!!!!!! A wonderful start and very much in character. Has the classic ESB feel. Yum! Also looking forward to the H/L moments, naturally. [face_dancing] Stoked you're tackling "established" canon characters. I will be keeping this fic on watched status. @};- [:D]

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  5. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Unless I mistaken you just spammed me.
    It is considered rude to tag someone to your story with out them asking to be on your update list.:)

6. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Dark but readable.

Thanks!

7. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    The next chapter is a work in progress. As soon as I'm done, I will post it here. Don't despair, for the story will go on. My computer decided to crash a few months ago, and I am still getting reorganized. Stay tuned to this thread for the next episode.

[face_laugh]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Always, RK Star! [face_dancing]

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.