main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lest Ye Be Judged--Vader war crimes trial--Voted Best All-Around, thanks!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I'm greatly amused by the fact that nearly everyone reading this now is new to LYBJ. Where did all the old fans go? :p

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Maybe they figure it won't be any different. Or they decided to disown me, like you threatened.

3. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I can't figure out how they survived the 3 or so years before they got married.- That is one reason we have fanfic! Because the 'official EU' is officially insane! :p[face_hypnotized] 8-}

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, yes, and Dave Wolverton's book is even more so!

5. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I just read this, and wow! I'll be sticking around! :D

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks, chick!

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I?ve trusted you since the moment a vertically challenged stormtrooper told me ?I?m Luke Skywalker. I?m here to rescue you.? Why should I stop now?

Vertically challenged stormtrooper [face_laugh]

That was a great post!! I love the emotion, especally when Leia thinks that Luke betrayed her. The flashback moment was perfect :)

He sighed dramatically. ?A go-blow-up-another-Death-Star favor or the extra pair of socks variety??

[face_laugh]

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm back. So it's not all noobies. I read the post this morning but didn't have time to reply. ONce again, I enjoy the L/L interaction.

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    NYCitygurl--I?ve trusted you since the moment a vertically challenged stormtrooper told me ?I?m Luke Skywalker. I?m here to rescue you.? Why should I stop now?

Vertically challenged stormtrooper

LOL. I always like euphemisms for short because I am short! And hope whoever it was that commented on this line in the old fic liked its use here.

That was a great post!! I love the emotion, especally when Leia thinks that Luke betrayed her. The flashback moment was perfect

He sighed dramatically. ?A go-blow-up-another-Death-Star favor or the extra pair of socks variety??

LOL, I liked the extra pair of socks thing. :-D And the chance for betrayal adds such an element of suspense that I like.

RebelMom--I'm back. So it's not all noobies. I read the post this morning but didn't have time to reply. ONce again, I enjoy the L/L interaction.

Yay, an oldbie. ::Hugs and hearts.:: I'm glad you liked the L/L stuff.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Nice, can't wait for what happens when the team gets there? Will Han have an itchy trigger finger?

More?

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    lol, good question.

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Oops, forgot something.

[i]--I?ve trusted you since the moment a vertically challenged stormtrooper told me ?I?m Luke Skywalker. I?m here to rescue you.? Why should I stop now?

LOL. I always like euphemisms for short because I am short! And hope whoever it was that commented on this line in the old fic liked its use here.
    [/i]

Yes, I did very much so. Makes a little bit more sense in this part than it did in the last one.

13. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Can we say hostile?

S.

14. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    Thanks for the PM!

Yay! Long post! I love how you delve into Leia's thoughts. You have her character, thoughts, feelings, reactions, etc. down pat. You write one of the best interpretations of Leia I've ever seen.

Poor Leia...what a shock. She must have thought Luke had either gone crazy or dark side when she saw her dear father :p

Can't wait for the next post!

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Juliet316--Oops, forgot something.

--I?ve trusted you since the moment a vertically challenged stormtrooper told me ?I?m Luke Skywalker. I?m here to rescue you.? Why should I stop now?

Yes, I did very much so. Makes a little bit more sense in this part than it did in the last one.

Yay, when I went back, I was going "Um, yeah, I don't like that there."

skywalker64089--Can we say hostile?

Just a little.

RebelPrincess--Thanks for the PM!

Yay! Long post! I love how you delve into Leia's thoughts. You have her character, thoughts, feelings, reactions, etc. down pat. You write one of the best interpretations of Leia I've ever seen.

Thanks! I really liked getting into the idea of what Leia would do in response to betrayal.

Poor Leia...what a shock. She must have thought Luke had either gone crazy or dark side when she saw her dear father

I once saw a fic similar to this where Han sees Anakin and goes to Luke, "Have you lost what's left of your mind?"

16. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    You're referring to The Penitent, right?

This was a really good chapter. The Alliance's reaction to Darth Vader's continued existence should probably be as interesting as Leia's, no? :p

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, that was the fic that brought me to the boards, because I had been thinking of the plot bunny that became LYBJ in 2000 and I discovered that JediGaladriel was writing it as The Penitent, so I got hooked.

18. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Thanks for the PM Ish!

Ah, so you have something planned for Rieekan. That's okay then. ;)

And I couldn't possibly ask you to disturb poor Lando [face_devil]

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, Lando will definitely show up here.

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    The morning seemed to have grown unnaturally cold in the short time she?d spent on the shuttle.

No, not short time. There was no telling how long the stun blast had kept her under and Luke could have kept her unconscious as long as necessary. He?d done it once when she?d been wounded on a mission and he certainly had more incentive to keep her subdued at the moment.

Why not keep me under sedation, in that case? What does he have to gain from this?

She tucked her hands into the long sleeves of her dress, arms pressed just below her ribcage, but did not dare to approach Luke as she left the shuttle. He didn?t move, either, only stared at her with a horrified inability to recognize the woman she?d become.

?Why??

She didn?t answer directly, only lifted one hand to run pointedly along the scar on her cheek, then down the length of her nose. He would remember that both the gash that caused the scar and the broken nose had been inflicted by Vader in his less accommodating moments.

?Imperial reality,? she echoed her earlier sentiments.

He approached, his gait about as threatening as an Ewok?s waddle, but the gloved hand that he wrapped around hers was its own silent accusation.

?I have my own Imperial reality,? he reminded, ?but I?m not the one who wanted to commit patricide in there.?

?I?d have committed patricide if he were my father,? she retorted acerbically, the acid words fueled by the bile rising in her throat. ?Unfortunately for your accusation, my father was killed with Alderaan.?

Often, when she went on this sort of tirade, he would calm her by saying, ?You know you don?t mean that.?

This time, she was absurdly grateful that he didn?t try.

?He?s turned,? he offered lamely, desperately. ?Why won?t you let mercy take its course as I have??

??Forgiveness precedes justice only when there is sincere repentance,?? she quoted Bail. ?I?ll give him enough opportunities to be a penitent, but there must be justice.?

Just not vigilante justice.

?What do you intend to do?? he asked, rather unnecessarily.

He knew exactly what she intended to do.

?There must be justice,? she repeated quietly, pulling her hand out of his grip.

?You want justice, but you?re willing to be his murderer?? he asked incredulously. ?Where is the justice in that??

?I was prepared to fire on an enemy, not a father,? she snapped. ?I didn?t think??

?I?m not talking about that,? he shot back. ?If you?re demanding justice, you are demanding a trial.?

?It?s the least he deserves,? she pronounced, forcing her voice to return to a normal timbre. ?It?s only what his victims deserve.?

?It will only end in death,? Luke responded in kind.

She nodded, but could not bring herself to refute his claim. He was probably repeating the words in his head, over and over again.

?It?s the least he deserves.?

?Why do you think,? she inquired softly, ?that I chose and restricted every person who will come to this place? I did not choose the vigilantes or the ones who deserved to hold the blaster barrel to his head. I chose those who I could trust to be more cool-headed than I am about this matter.?

This, at the very least, seemed to appease him slightly, but the thought that, if they chose to be less than cool-headed, they were also the first she would trust to eliminate the enemy twisted her stomach into a knot of molten lead.

?I hate??

Him.

??This,? she finished.

He didn?t ask for an explanation of what ?this? was or why she hated it with such force that it made her eyes sting, only nodded.

?I hate what it?s doing to us already,? he added.

She looked away, letting her hands drop to her sides, leaving her defenseless and open. It was classic diplomatic body language that she rarely allowed herself to use. Luke had seen it often enough to know that it was her sign of a cease fire.

I hate that I feel I can?t trust you right now. I hate that I am proud to be your sister, but afraid of what that might mean. I hate the kind of blindne

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'll be posting part 5 before my 8 a.m. class and it will be longer. I had to read some rather crappy melodrama about Scotland for my class and didn't get as much as I wanted done on this. I'll be back after a food run to make more headway. Thanks for reading.

22. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Awe, Leia's becoming a bit devious, methinks. Granted, she has the good sense to feel disgusted with herself over it, but that is still so twisted. Hehe, I love it! [face_devil]

23. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Ooh, Leia is certainly vindictive. [face_devil] (And she has a right to be, but...) I do like the fact that she was able to pick people that were slightly less sensitive about Vader. Luke is right that any trial would end in death. Great post... really made me think. (That's a compliment... lol)

24. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    ?Why??

She didn?t answer directly, only lifted one hand to run pointedly along the scar on her cheek, then down the length of her nose. He would remember that both the gash that caused the scar and the broken nose had been inflicted by Vader in his less accommodating moments.

Hmm. That's quite the powerful response on Leia's part. Didn't even need words.

Very good writing :)
    Now I can't wait to see Han's reaction...

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ashamaphone--DarthIshtar posted:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This, at the very least, seemed to appease him slightly, but the thought that, if they chose to be less than cool-headed, they were also the first she would trust to eliminate the enemy twisted her stomach into a knot of molten lead.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awe, Leia's becoming a bit devious, methinks. Granted, she has the good sense to feel disgusted with herself over it, but that is still so twisted. Hehe, I love it!

Of course she's devious. She's in love with a nerf-herder and daughter of Padme. :-D

Siaynoqsbride--Ooh, Leia is certainly vindictive. (And she has a right to be, but...) I do like the fact that she was able to pick people that were slightly less sensitive about Vader. Luke is right that any trial would end in death. Great post... really made me think. (That's a compliment... lol)

Yes, that's the major quandary--the idea of justice always ending in death for that case. And she does have her reasons for being vindictive. I picked Wedge because he was the type in the X-wing books to offer Imperials the chance to surrender and survive instead of going after them out of vengeance. Rieekan is the one guy Leia trusts automatically. Chewie is rather...well, he's Han's voice of reason when he's not pulling peoples arms out of their sockets. Mostly he's there for muscle.

RebelPrincess--?Why??

Hmm. That's quite the powerful response on Leia's part. Didn't even need words.

I liked using that because she didn't need words to remind him. And both of those scars are my adorable little creations--the one on her cheek is from where he beat her on the Death Star and the broken nose was from when she insulted him on a mission to Ketaris where Alliance and Imperial officers were both there. But I like it mostly because we all know Leia's strength with words, so for her to argue without them is better.

Very good writing
    Now I can't wait to see Han's reaction...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.