main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lest Ye Be Judged--Vader war crimes trial--Voted Best All-Around, thanks!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    PHGS_Weyr--Thanks! Glad you can live with me living. ;) LOL, I've got PLANS... :p

RebelMom--I've always liked making Luke look snazzy. It's kinda sad, but hey. Yes, you will. And always be worried about an Imperial governor. This is less than one year post-Palpatine and we know how long the Empire stayed around, so yeah.

RK_Striker_JK_5--LOL, glad you liked that. How do you smack someone with a sledgehammer? I'm happy you loved the part with Leia and the fleet assignments. Thanks.

palpyisgod2--Even if this was just to get another story out of me, thank you. ;) :) I may have to put "sub-deity" on my resume. Plenty of angst coming, don't worry.

SilSolo--Thanks, Sil! LOL, it's good to get the whole 'family' involved. :)

LLL--First of all, it's slightly confusing to read your things until I figure out what part you're at. LOL at the Holy freakin' COW. Thanks!

ShrunkenJedi--LOL, yes a bit fluffy. Glad you liked the speech. That is one thing that I'd love to have filmed, among many, many other things. That would have been fun...

RK_Striker_JK_5--Just a bit. Glad Leia was spot-on. I figured that characterization largely based on the OT, such scenes as her being in a command center that's falling down on top of her. Glad you liked Aikia and Leia and Alole.

RebelMom--Of course. Unfortunately, that's kind of a rule of anything in life.

ShrunkenJedi--Well, now I've slowed down a bit, unfortunately. Yes, Leia's very on edge. I'm not going to kill him off before the appeal, not to worry at all.

PHGS_Weyr--Thanks a lot!

RK_Striker_JK_5--When I read about it in various EU sources, I was beyond appalled. I wanted to smack the Imperials really hard there, so instead I wrote them in here. Glad the characterization was awesome.

RebelMom--Well, if Vader can do it...

Fortherea--LOL, thanks. I hope you got your presentation done regardless, but am glad that this seemed to be worth it. The conversation with Isard took three complete drafts to get through and was not very good in its original form. My favorite authors in profic are Zahn and Stackpole and this style blends a lot of what I see in their work. Oh, good, a slap-stay. I'll try to earn it.

RK_Striker_JK_5--Thanks again. :) Glad the ire came through as intended. Leia's claws did come out a bit. LOL, you forgot to name names for "Ding-dong, he's dead..." Yes, Han's going to take a nice, long vacation. THanks!

Darth_Marrs--LOL, not all of them? *bawl* I'm kidding, dear. Even I'm not completely proud of all of them. Thanks!

RebelMom--Yes, it is. Glad you enjoyed those things. THanks.

ShrunkenJedi--Thanks! That moment of not flinching was great for me to get to, just because of the entire dynamic from the destruction of Alderaan. Yes, he'll be there in plenty of time. :)

cibbler--Thanks! I'm always worried that it's not going well anymore, so I appreciate that. Thanks to you!

2. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    I just gotta say that this is one heck of a great story, Ish!

I love the way you portray the characters--it's scrum-diddily-umtious!

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
  4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Mara had, of course, visited the Chief of State's office before, but this time it was under completely different circumstances. For one thing, she came through the door rather than the window. For another, she was now engaged to be married to the man she had met at the last meeting.

She had half-expected Leia to treat her with the same diplomatic aloofness that she had demonstrated in the last meeting. Instead, Leia's grin was as broad as it had been on the night that she and Luke announced their engagement. Then again, the absent General Solo was supposed to arrive today, so she might just have been in an unnaturally good mood.

?Come in,? she invited, waving to the chair opposite her. ?Sorry to make you come out here, but I'm trying to avoid making too many trips back and forth and officials of state don't like it when they have to negotiate treaties in my kitchen.?

?It's fine,? Mara said as she reached for the glass of water on the table at her elbow. ?I had to meet with the commission for reconstruction before this and they're nearly down the hall from here.?

Leia seemed to relax even further at that. ?Your mission was successful, then??

?There are a brother and sister willing to be trained,? Mara informed her. ?The girl is nineteen and her brother just turned seventeen. Li stopped complaining when I reminded her that Luke was even older before he started training and he's done all right for himself.?

Leia shook her head. ?I suppose he's earned the 'all right,'? she conceded. ?And when do you leave for Tatooine??

?Tonight,? Mara supplied. "I'm riding on one of the supply shuttles. It won't be that comfortable, but it's manned by droids and they don't bother me much."

"I'll have to have you give lessons to Han," Leia teased. "He still has panic attacks around Threepio on bad days."

Mara shrugged. "It has more to do with the fact that the humans I met were more contemptible than the droids who pestered me than anything else," she explained. "What did you want to see me about?"

Leia's smile changed tone, but she kept it in place. "Well, I haven't seen you alone for a few months," she replied, "and you're to be married to the Rebellion's personal Jedi in some six months. I thought we might want to do some planning before you leave again."

Attempting to lighten the mood that had darkened at the idea of planning anything with the High Princess of Alderaan, Mara sighed theatrically. "If we must."

Leia mirrored her shrug. "The alternative is letting me plan the entire thing, including the guest list."

Speaking of horror beyond imagination...

"No," Mara corrected sternly, "the alternative is that we elope before you can subject us to a state wedding."

To her credit, Leia did not flnch at that, but her smile shrank considerably. "Luke wouldn't dare," she said confidently.

"Probably not," she conceded, "but you never know what sort of bad influence I might be on him."

Leia sighed and tapped her stylus on her datapad as if counting to ten with it. Finally, she looked up and her eyes crinkled as she smiled. "I suppose I should probably start by asking if you and he have any ideas on what kind of ceremony you want."

"He would like Commander Antilles to perform the traditional Tatooin one," she recited. "We'd prefer the guests to be friends and family and the inevitable pool of a few holoshills."

"Wedding party?"

Mara looked pointedly at her future sister-in-law's midriff. "I don't know," she said lightly. "How likely is it that you'll fit into a bridesmaid dress?"

Leia frowned in concentration. "Unless she is exactly on time, I'd be wearing a bridesmaid tent. I hope you don't mind."

"Unless you plan on ending your pregnancy during the reception, I doubt we would object," she said calmly.

Leia's grin finally returned. "I'll keep that in mind."

"Li has been asked to do the traditional Force-bonding," Mara added, "but that will be just for family. Probably at home on that morning, more casual clothes."

"And the dress?"

She should ha

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ah, the inevitable wedding planning. I hope Mara will be wearing the dress and not Luke. :p

6. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    oh dear... wedding planning... poor Mara...

Great job ish!

7. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    You've given me a lot to catch up with here, Ish, due to all your comments and updates! I took things easy over Christmas and the New Year, staying mostly away from the boards; and you make me feel I should have been paying more attention! ;)

First, about your comments:

1. You mentioned that 'you really need to stay away from popular media'. You've a point; because I've had dealings with popular media, and got annoyed with their expectation that everyone else has to run to meet their deadlines regarding a particular issue, which they then drop when something more 'attractive' comes along. [face_frustrated]

2. You mentioned about me being 'slightly bloodthirsty sometimes'. Well, this is Darth Vader we're talking about. If anyone deserves to die for what he did, he does. [face_plain]

3. About Sarai, I would have thought that Anakin might have contemplated using his dead daughter at his trial in order to make him look more human.

4. I agree with you about Padme getting used to being a mother when she's almost a grandmother. Then again, her children were adopted; so this would be something a parent whose child was adopted would go through when contacted by a son or daughter who may have children of his or her own.

5. I liked your reference to 'thin ground'! :)

Second, about the updates:

Of course, there are going to be threats and hate mail:

In spite of the formal protests and vague threats that had started even before Anakin Skywalker was assigned to the work detail, no one had actually interfered.

It was no surprise, then, that Leia's office staff reported an increase in the amount of hate mail. It was as much a morning ritual as the security and intelligence briefings and Han's tendency to treat bureaucracy as a romantic matter.

This morning, she glanced only through the ones that Tarrick felt obligated to send her?the ones coming from governmental officials rather than disgruntled citizens?and then turned her attention to the more odious task of reading the rest of her correspondence.

I'm sure many government officials also lost relatives to Vader. [face_plain]

I liked the banter between Leia and Han about the resumed war against Zsinj, particularly about which units should be used. The ending was good:

?Good,? Leia commended with a sympathetic smile. ?I knew you were capable of doing that and I appreciate you proving me right.?

After a long moment of silence, he sighed and reached across to take her hand. Grateful that the minor scuffle had ended, Leia met him halfway for a recnciliatory kiss.

?I'm trying to remember that I just want to make you happy,? Han admitted. ?It might just keep me from being a bantha-headed nerf-herder all the time.?

She smiled and pulled back to find a more comfortable position. ?I love my nerf-herder,? she reminded him. ?You're even cute when you're bantha-headed and I prefer to see you happy as well.?

Is nice!:D

So we have a family breakfast? [face_thinking] It does make perfect sense, in terms of trying to get a messed-up family like the Skywalkers to function 'normally':

?Probably the simple fact that we're all not going to be seeing much of each other for a couple of months,? she reasoned. ?Mother's been getting sentimental of late.?

?She always is,? Han sighed. ?I'll go get some real clothes on.?

Padme is, after all, trying to get used to being a mother of two, and of Luke and Leia no less! [face_mischief] To be fair, at least the Skywalker-Solos are acting like a family, in terms of wondering about Luke and Mara:

?Three months,? Leia said immediately. ?Luke's not one to rush things and he probably wants to wait until things are a little more stable than they are now.?

?He's a Skywalker,? Father countered. ?I think that he'll do it before we leave Naboo. Six weeks.?

Han snorted. ?He's a Skywalker,? he mimicked. ?I'm willing to bet he's already done it.?

?Done what?? Luke asked from the open door.

?Proposed,? Han s

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    RebelMom--LOL, don't worry. I have a dress in mind that would make Luke look so completely hippy. :) He'll try and find a tux or something.

PHGS_Weyr--I'd hate to have Leia as my wedding planner. Thanks!

Kevin_Solo--Welcome back, oh helpful one! Glad you took it easy for some time, since I did the same. :) As it is, I forgive you. On to the comments. I've had dealings with popular media as well and can agree with you there. I get amused by my bloodthirsty readers, since the number never seems to stay the same from post to post. Anakin could have exploited Sarai and I believe that it might have crossed his mind. Be on the lookout for some comment to this effect. I can imagine that your observation on women who give up children for adoption is accurate. Glad you liked the reference to 'thin ground.' :) And now on to the comments about the updates. The threats and hate mail bit was a nod to you because you bugged me into really not-so-grudgingly including them more than I had intended to. Most of the government officials on both sides would have had something affected by Vader. Glad you liked that banter about the war. That part was very mushy and silly, but sometimes, I have to do that. *sigh* LOL, it does make sense in that aspect, though it must just be weird sometimes. Padme has a very tough job having known what she gave out and now having some of it back. The entire conversation about L/M was inspired by me and my best friend speculating on my sister Claire. LOL, thanks. Han's definitely becoming more normal with Anakin, if not friendly. I agree with Han's reasoning for taking things slowly as you put it. I'm happy that you liked the talk about dealing with Zsinj. Sometimes, I feel as if this story should be divided into separate threads. "Click here if you want to read about post-war reconstruction in LYBJ. Click here if you want to read about Luke and Mara. Click here if you want to laugh at pregnant Leia. Click here if you want Anakin's flashbacks..." Only two points?! Half of the New Republic is a polite statistic. I agree. And no, he should not be making sabotage jokes at all, but they probably haven't warned him abou that. Good that you liked that conversation. No, they shouldn't trust him. We'll see about the appeal, though you have some spoilers thanks to our conversation. Well, they should forget needing all that space, but it's more of a symbolic thing, I think. And that unpopularity may change. Glad you liked Leia's line on that. Another thing that can be pinned on you. :) Good point about propaganda on a plate. It would be making things easy for them. Palpatine would have had a field day. LOL at that. And racist? Not speciesist? ;) There is definitely a conflict of interest there, but there are only so many ways that it can be avoided. Word could get out, but really, is optimism their biggest concern in the media? Arrogance? No, she's not, for the love of sanity, everyone stop saying she's wasting resources! LOL, that conversation was fun. I figured you'd like the politics readings. I mentioned to one of the readers that this is all within the timeframe of about a year and he was shocked, but really, I am trying to give as comprehensive a context for this entire thing as possible in order to explain the ending. The political consequences were inevitable. Glad you liked the argument about that and the precautions about the Isard/Zsinj alliance. When I was rereading the X-wing series recently, that was a danger that struck me. The end remarks were fun. That's a good point about the Angel Room, but I think they might have been more accommodating for the High Princess of Alderaan. Interesting idea on the threats. I don't think anyone mentioned where they were going to people who would protest. Anakin has four guards on him at all times, with more for perimeter guards. Not everyone is as crazy about riots as you, dear. My pleasure for answering your question. ;) The wedding planning is blessedly briefly mentioned because I've been t

9. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    awww cute little baby girl!

Very sweet, looking forward to more!

PHGS Weyr

10. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Heh, I love Mara's reaction to learning they were in the old Skywalker residence. And Leia threatening to name her daughter after Jar Jar :eek: LOL. But the name is great-- Kaiya Amidala, lovely. :) Great chapter, what a moment.

11. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Leia always does relate to the common man. It was the poor that went back to work right after giving birth, the rich didn't work.
    Nice to have happy news.

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Aww, cute adowable baby girl. *Grins* Leia... it's not a sign of weakness to take maternity leave. Kaiya needs you. :rolleyes:

Hmm, Anakin on Tatooine. The natives will be restless...

13. Kevin_Solo

Jun 22, 2007
    Another good update! =D==D= Nice to see the baby born; but I can see her causing some problems. [face_thinking]

Just a few points:

1. About Anakin possibly being in serious trouble with his 'sabotage' joke: I was thinking of some very stupid people who got into such trouble when, after 911, they made jokes about having a bomb in their luggage.:oops:

2. About Leia being able to study law: You said that

She had private tutors and then it has been mentioned that she went to the University of Aldera as a teenager. I have written this with the idea that she would have done an accelerated program.

While I agree that Leia would be in advance of her peers, I'm uneasy with her having the kind of abilities that would make her a fully qualified lawyer by 19; and that's on top of her being elected to the Senate at 18(?) She's very able, not a genius.

3. On recruiting young Jedi:

They do have potential recruits and I think more may come in time. Yes, the parents agreed to it. And under age is relative, depending on the planet.

I'm presuming that the Empire put out a lot of propaganda about the Jedi being 'child stealers'; so the Order would probably have a minimum age of recruiting, and look for parental consent if the potential recruit was under age.

Now to the update:

I see that Leia's attitude to Chewie's been rubbing off on her husband:

?I've been patient, you fleabag! Lemme off before I turn you into an extra rug for the house!?

:D When is he going to call him a 'big walking carpet'?o_O

Lots of nice mushy stuff here. [face_love] I liked Luke's reasoning that the Sandpeople's attacks may be a cover for people who want to kill his father:

He grimaced at that, answering the question even before he put the comment into words. ?We've had to keep up a strong perimeter,? he admitted. ?They're usually concerned with raiding anywhere that has good supplies and small populations, but it's definitely gotten worse since Father got here. We think the regular raids are just a mask to try to get through to him.?

?But no one has succeeded,? she replied.

?No,? he sighed. ?No one's pulled it off yet.?

It certainly won't be for lack of trying. I liked Anakin's remark about 3PO:

?I did,? he responded. ?I even built Threepio in my bedroom. Mom wasn't very happy about the mess, but I think she learned to like him eventually.?

I agree about the 'eventually'!:D Thanks for answering a question I've wondered about for a long time: Do Luke and Leia know about Jar-Jar Binks?

?Well, it's in character,? Han joked, settling into the chair next to the exam bed and taking her hand. ?Your family is always rushing into things with enthusiasm.?

?Quiet, you, or I'll name her after Jar-Jar Binks,? Leia threatened.

They had never met the Gungan who was infamously gullible and inadequately equipped in the brains department, but they had heard enough stories from Mother to fear the name.

?You wouldn't,? he said in kind.

I hope not!:eek: As I suspected, the baby wanted to be born early.o_O
    This made me laugh:

?I think we should,? Leia agreed. ?If nothing else, I'll have a waistline at my brother's wedding.?

Of course, all the tabloids will go on about how 'fat' she still is.[face_plain] At least Kaiya Amidala Solo has been born safe and well!=D=[face_dancing]8-}
    One thing bothered me here:

?Kaiya Amidala Solo,? Luke said as he pulled back. ?Han's going to send holos so you can show her off to the guards and the workers or any Tuskens who come around.?

?Good idea,? Father chuckled. ?Nothing stands in the way of a proud grandfather.?

NOOOO!:oops::oops: Don't try it, Anakin!:eek: If you do this, things are going to be even worse, making many even angrier, remembering loved ones who, thinks to him, won't have the opportunity to see their grandchildren.

Even if this doesn'

14. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Rieekan rocks. This was a great chapter! Then again, my kids are young enough that it I can relate to Han.

15. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    Add me to the update list

16. Fortherea

Fortherea Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2003
    I went to visit my neighbours and their newly-born son today. Therefore this post fits perfectly into today's emotional experiences. :)

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    PHGS_Weyr--Shall I pass out the mush now? ;) Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

ShrunkenJedi--LOL, both of those things were fun to write. Especially the Jar-Jar thing. Kaiya Amidala Solo is a name I came up with in 2001 when I first wrote Han and Leia having a kid before the twins. Her first name is based on a Japanese word for forgiveness. I've just really grown attached to that name. Thanks for liking the chapter.

RebelMom--LOL, indeed she does in that aspect. Nice mush before the storm or some mixed metaphor like that. :)

RK_Striker_JK_5--Oh, gosh, no babytalk, please! Leia's mostly objecting to the idea of looking normal. And don't worry, she'll come to her senses mostly. Yes, the natives will be restless.

Kevin_Solo--Thanks LOL, what sort of problems? Why do I have the feeling that you're going to point out her being pinpointed as something like Lando's illegitimate child or Leia being too motherly to be a politician? :p Yes, I see your point on the sabotage joke. When I was a missionary, we had to fly from the Missionary Training Center here at BYU to my assigned area in California. We had to fly from the Salt Lake City airport to San Francisco and then to the Burbank airport and over and over again, they warned us not to say anything questionable or to resist security measures. This meant that I had to put up with having every bag checked and being frisked and searched by security, but it was 6 months after 9/11 and we weren't about to take chances. Leia is able, not a genius, but she's also someone who works herself beyond her abilities, often to her own detriment. Yes, there are records of the Empire's views on the Jedi as 'child stealers.' Basically, the Jedi rule is that no one under sixteen is allowed to be recruited at this point. LOL, I figure that husbands pick up their wife's attitudes towards things a lot. It happened with my ex on everything from the Red Sox to Thai food. And Han's not happy with being away from Leia at all. I'm glad you liked Luke's reasoning on the attacks. No, not for lack of trying. LOL, Threepio is an 'eventually' with everyone normal. There's a great story by JediGaladriel called "Old Friends, Long Gone" in which Jar-Jar meets Luke and Leia at Endor. I wasn't about to go that far, but I thought that he might be someone mentioned in the same way that my mom talks about her really weird college roommate. Yes, she wanted to be born early. I've had a couple of questions about the 'coincidence' of a friend of mine having her baby last Sunday 2 months premature as a result of a serious car accident. This had nothing to do with that. LOL, yes, she still has to lose that baby weight. Maybe she should get Oprah's trainer to get her to an acceptable look. ;) LOL, you are such a pessimist. Do you enjoy anything? :) LOL, I had not even thought of putting a black helmet on a baby. Glad you like the in-character Leia and the comment on her looks. Yes, it's very fitting for the adoptive parents to be remembered at this point. :)

Darth_Marrs--Rieekan's my hero. Thanks! LOL, I'd like to hear more about this relating to Han thing.

Darth_Drachonus--I will.

Fortherea--Awww, sweet. :)
    An interesting note: This post ends on a very sinister conversation and the word count for the post is 6,606. On another note, thanks go to Kevin_Solo for helpfully researching one particular point that comes up towards the end of the post.
    They had not planned to arrive during the early morning traffic, but Coruscant space control had kept them in orbit for nearly an hour before they could get a docking bay. As if they had settled into some kind of habit, they headed to the speeder and set a course for Leia's house. Mara seemed to relax as soon as they made touchdown, as if the air were easier to breathe here.

Han let them in rather than make them go through the security check. The guard on duty looked slightly angry about this, but Leia's guards had never been particularly cheerful about anything.

?Uncle first

18. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    :oops: I'll start at the ending, I suppose. Anakin doesn't know the meaning of tact, does he? Either that or he completely doesn't realize that Leia actually had begun to care for him, which is a miracle in its own right given what he had personally done to her, of course. He has to bring something like this up at Luke and Mara's wedding, doesn't he? But then, if he's contrite and angry enough at himself for what he did, he's probably not thinking about much else except that the Galaxy might be better off without him. :(

Awww to all the Kaiya moments ( [face_love] ) and all the other sweet little moments in this one that definitely make it feel like a wedding - love the Force-bonding! - and give such a bittersweet contrast to the end. Nice work!

19. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Anakin's timing does leave something to be desired, doesn't it?

20. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    It is quite obvious that Anakin has lousy timing. He should have at least waited until after the reception.

I do love that our heroes get to act normal once in a while.

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    *Punches Anakin for Leia*

Although he deserves worse... [face_plain]:mad:

Awesome and adorable Kaiya moments, there. [face_love] I loved the Force-bonding betwen Mara and Luke, too. Very... metaphysical, for lack of a better term. Anakin was being Anakin... and you know my opinion of him. :p

Awesome post all-around.

22. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    The bonding ceremony and the wedding were just wonderful.[face_love]

?I think we could stage a raid on the kitchens before then, General,? Wedge said in mock-serious tones. ?Just give us the go-ahead.?
    ?Go,? he ordered.
    ?On one condition,? Leia interjected, reaching out to catch Wedge's arm. ?We'll let you get fed as long as you take Kaiya for a few minutes later.?
    His eyes lit up at that idea, but he kept his face straight. Leia had a brief mental image of the entirety of Rogue Squadron studying her daughter as if she were a new alien species in red velvet and taffeta. Perhaps it was not the best idea, but it might be worth the price of what she wanted.

[face_laugh]Loved that bit!!!

:oops:Anakin has THE worst timing. Why couldn't he have had the sense to wait until tomorrow for that conversation? Padmé's not going to be thrill about this.
    Still, part of me feels for him. He's tired, old beyond his years and I cannot begin to imagine how heavy his soul must be.

23. Kevin_Solo

Jun 22, 2007
    Nice to see this! =D= Luke and Mara go and see the former's new niece, and are welcomed by the proud father:

Luke grinned. ?Is my niece any more beautiful than she was a week ago??

?Hard to believe, but yeah,? the new father replied with a self-satisfied smirk. ?She takes after her old man.?

You might regret saying that once she becomes a teenager!o_O :oops: :D

Then Leia springs her ambush:

?Oh, no,? Han corrected. ?Leia's been looking forward to you getting here for weeks now and I'm not letting you out until the three of you have agreed to whatever scheme she has for the wedding.?

Luke could only imagine what kind of 'scheme' a politician on bed rest could come up with, but he did not fault Mara for looking horrified at the thought. He sent her a sympathetic smile, one that fellow prisoners would exchange in a time of suffering.

Nice!:D

Lots of mush here:

She waited until he had pulled the chair alongside her and settled in before carefully passing over his niece. She was still asleep, but curled against him as if she recognized him by touch or smell. That alone took his breath away for a few moments.

?Wow,? he murmured.

Leia's smile broadened. ?My thoughts exactly.?

He wanted to say something eloquent or appropriate to the situation. At the very least, he should have come up with a new way of saying congratulations. Instead, he just sighed and turned his eyes downward so he could study every inch of her. He could see a lot of Leia in her, but the tiny mouth seemed to be made specifically to mimic Han's lop-sided grin.

?Is she giving you much trouble??

?She keeps us up half the night,? Leia sighed, ?but when she does decide to sleep, she likes to do it just when I'm finally awake enough to entertain her.?

Luke laughed immediately, running a hand through his hair. ?I was wondering when I was going to find something that made her seem just like Han.?

?She's got his appetite,? Leia informed him, ?and she's a loud mouth. It's only natural that I should love them both for that.?

Ahhhh![face_love] Wait till she gets older, though...[face_mischief]

I liked this exchange:

?Are you feeling nervous??

?About marrying into the single-most politically influential family in the known Galaxy?? she asked. ?Or about marrying someone who will have more decorations on his dress uniform than I have buttons on my dress??

Leia grinned. ?Something like that,? she granted.

?Of course not,? Mara stated without further hesitation. ?I'm marrying a somewhat bumbling farmboy who happens to have a lot of courage and a Jedi Knighthood to his credit. I'm a former assassin who is trying to train as a Jedi instead. We balance each other out.?

?You do,? Padme agreed. ?Leia is the only one of us born a Skywalker, but we seem to follow the same pattern of perfect mismatching. I was a Senator when I fell in love with a Jedi Padawan who had never witnessed a practical demonstration of flirting. Leia was a leader of the Alliance and married a man who was originally a hero for the sake of money. I think you would not have been acceptable as one of our own if you had not been willing to see past the farmboy to what made him noble in his own right.?

You forgot to add the most dysfunctional family in the galaxy! [face_shame_on_you] Let's see, Anakin is the most notorious convicted criminal in the galaxy, who among many other things tortured his daughter and her husband, and chopped one of his son's hands off. [face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you]

I liked this description of Luke, which is certainly in character:

For the first time since they entered, Padme grinned broadly. ?Actually, there are too many things to know about Luke to count,? she admitted. ?You probably have become familiar with the important ones spending the last four and a half months with him.?

?It helps that he has no talent for guile,? Leia added. ?He'll surprise you on occasion, but it will usually be because you hav

24. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Why is anyone suprised at Anakins brilliant conception of timeing. After all it is Ish, one of the queens of evil cliffee's!

Great Job!

PHGS Weyr

25. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    Keep going Ish! this is great!

*Heart*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.