Beyond Lest Ye Be Judged--Vader war crimes trial--Voted Best All-Around, thanks!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    As a rule, Han wasn't crazy about mingling with the Skywalkers. It wasn't that he held anything against them?Darth Dad being the exception for obvious reasons?but they had some annoying quirks. Luke liked to meddle in stuff that wasn't his business, Padme tended to be too observant for him and he couldn't get past the idea that Leia's Dad still wanted to freeze him in carbonite, Light Side or no, for corrupting his daughter.

Just this once, though, he had a pretty clear idea of what he wanted to do to Vader. Leia might have called him something else, but the expression on her face as she left the table made it clear that she hadn't been talking to any man who should have called himself her father.

He shifted Kaiya from his shoulder to the crook of his arm. She squawked in protest, but Leia fortunately arrived at that very moment to work some of her maternal charm. Within a few moments, she was back to her usual amiable self and Leia was looking as if the ability to take care of one thing had saved her life. He suddenly had the recurring urge to strangle the man she insisted on defending, but knew that it would probably just make things worse.

Instead, he pulled his wife into a side hug and herded them all off the dance floor. ?What do you need?? he asked. ?Something to eat, drink or shoot??

Her jaw tightened almost imperceptibly, a sign that she was struggling to decide between a smile and a scowl. When she turned her face to look at him, he found that the smile had won out, but it did not reach her eyes.

?Something to hold?? she requested in a voice so quiet that it might have been a fragile piece of transparisteel.

He tried to make up for her lack of a smile with his own. ?Come on,? he invited. ?I've got an idea.?

There were not many places to hide out on a skyhook, but he had taken a wrong turn on the way to the 'fresher earlier and found a place that was supposed to be closed off to the public. Insulted by the idea, he had hotwired the door and found a private balcony.

Leia's smile became less strained as he repeated the process and he knew that she was either marveling that he still had the nerve to do such things or wondering how much trouble the Chief of State could get in for breaking and entering at her Jedi Knight brother's wedding reception. Either way, she seemed to be calmed down a bit by the distance from the party.

He kept his arm around her waist until the door closed, then moved his arm upwards to her shoulders and steered her to the low padded bench against the railing. The late afternoon sun was still high enough to keep things warm, but he kept her comfortably close anyway.

?All right,? he murmured, ?we've got about three minutes flat before they send out the search squads. Do you want to talk about what he said to upset you??

?I don't,? she said in kind, ?but you'll find out soon enough anyway.?

He immediately remembered seeing Rieekan talking to Anakin at the reception and she had talked to Anakin not too long after that...

?Something to do with the trial?? he asked.

?He wants to refuse the appeal.?

She was keeping her voice under control, so the statement came out more conversational than matter-of-fact, but it explained a lot about why she had looked so shell-shocked. His hand slid down the curve of her back and rested on her left hip, acting more as an anchor than anything.

?Can he??

?No,? she said flatly, shifting Kaiya to a more comfortable position. ?Legally they will go ahead with it whether he wants it or not. He can cooperate or not, but it's procedural and we're carrying over as a matter of precedent.?

?But he wants it,? he responded, ?and that's the point.?

?It undermines everything that I have worked to accomplish,? Leia replied in a biting tone. ?That is the least of what makes me...?

She trailed off and he saw her jaw tighten again. This time, she settled on a scowl. A moment later, though, it melted into a miserable expression.

?He wants me to do it.?

For a long moment, he held his breath, trying t
  2. Blue_Milkshake Jedi Knight

star 3
    Whoa!:eek:

What a mess Anakin has made. I don't know what else to say.:_|
  3. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, looks like Anakin got what he wanted. Idiot.
  4. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Congratulations, Anakin. [face_plain] What an awesome post, here. Loved Han in the first bit. And Leia... it's not your fault! [:D]
  5. Rosh_Penin Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh Ani, you do have a way with women, don't you?
  6. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Here are some author replies, since I'm 7875 words into a new post and not sure where it will be ending. :)

ShrunkenJedi--LOL, yes, he really does have no concept of tact or timing. He realizes it, but does not set much store by it or he thinks that there's enough latent hostility to excuse what he wants. It's an incredible miracle what she has accomplished in the matter of finding the good in him. The fact that he brings it up at the wedding is my way of kind of making everyone want to smack him very hard at the moment. :) I believe that his desire to end things now is out of contrition, but also because he believes that he has accomplished all the good that he is supposed to right now. And definitely that the Galaxy would be better off with him. Glad you liked the Kaiya moments. I really have never used her before despite her having shown up in two different stories. I made the wedding post very normal by any standards, where there are the wacky relatives, old grudges, the happy family, etc. I'm glad you liked the Force-bonding. Thanks!

Darth_Marrs--Just a bit. *sigh* Silly Skywalkers.

RebelMom--Yes, that is extremely obvious. He should have waited for a completely different day, when it wasn't something to ruin the one nearly-perfect day that their family has had in months. I'm glad you like the heroes acting normal.

RK_Striker_JK_5--Yay. Just don't give him a black eye. He does deserve worse on occasion, but this is the most I'll allow right now. Glad you found those to be adorable. The Force-bonding was originally based loosely on a story called The Way of the Jedi Master by Kristyn K. Rose, but that went into very little detail. It's mostly my creation. Yes, it was metaphysical if nothing else. Yes, I know your opinion of Anakin. Thanks all-around.

Blue_Milkshake--Thanks. :) I loved that bit as well. The Rogues are some of my favorite comic fodder at times. It's mostly because they're such an unusual combination of personalities. The worst timing, yes, as I've said. Padme...oh, man, yeah, that'll be a bad conversation. Your observation on him is very accurate to why he is doing this, though.

Kevin_Solo--Thanks! I liked writing Han as a proud father. It was fun. Yes, just wait until she's an argumentative teenager like her parents. ;) Glad you liked that ambush bit and the mush and that exchange. Definitely the most dysfunctional family in the Galaxy. Marrying Luke is like marrying General Patton if his father were Jack the Ripper, his mother was Queen Elizabeth and his sister were Condoleeza Rice. It's really a twisted combination. Glad you liked that description. You've pinned why Padme understands Luke. Plus she's seen him every day since she was rescued. The paparazzi thing was fun to write. LOL, they would not be happy about being duped and Han is funny to write. There's an episode of Daria where she and her sister are bridesmaids and no matter what, her dress looks horrible on her and her sister looks like a supermodel. That's what I think sort of about anyone trying to wear Han Solo's look. I dare you to write that plot bunny. Glad the ceremony was credible. LOL at the 8-} [face_dancing]. I can imagine what hell would break loose if something hit Mara. Bridezilla, anyone? LOL, I'm very happy that you loved the idea of Kaiya enduring the NR politicians. It's just a massive incongruent situation. LOL, I don't think it's dynastic so much as normal parents. LOL at that part being one of the best bits. Glad Leia's seeing Han as husband material was ineresting. Yes, we know... *cues ominous music* Yeah, that wasn't quite a surprise. Thanks for your help with the research. Yes, he should have gotten someone else. I have an issue with how he told her, only because of when it happened. Yes, he's waited long enough by that standard. I'm not sure that he wants respect so much as release. That entire thing about saving face was a low blow. LOL at the "NOOOOOOO!" :)

PHGS_Weyr--Um, because we wouldn'
  7. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    They should have been in high spirits today. It was the first time since the wedding that the whole family would be together and that sort of thing should have meant a good deal of good-natured ribbing and an overabundance of pastries.

Instead, they gathered around the kitchen table with half-forgotten mugs of tea and expressions that were more appropriate to a funeral. Occasionally, one of them would take a half-hearted sip, but by unspoken consent they did not speak until everyone was gathered.

Han was the last to come, having just gotten Kaiya back to sleep. She had fussed restlessly and periodically from 0300 on and her already wearied parents were showing the damage. Leia had bleakly noted in the mirror that morning that the circles under her eyes were nearly as dark as the bruises clustered ominously on her right cheek. She would carefully dedicate some time later to covering them for the trip to the Hall of Justice, but for now, she was in her own home and both stood out as a kind of an accusation.

Father usually greeted her with a kiss to one cheek or a quick embrace, but this was hard to accomplish when her guards dutifully interposed themselves between client and attorney. Once they were seated, her guards took up position directly across from him as if ensuring that they would have a clear shot if they needed to fire. It was very much the same formation that Wedge, Han, Rieekan and Chewie had taken up on the shuttlecraft the day after Endor.

Luke seemed to remember that and it could explain his strained expression and the way he clutched at Mara's hand rather than holding it comfortably. On the whole, he looked as though he were a solicitous parent waiting for a doctor to diagnose a terminal illness.

?All right,? Mother said as soon as Han had sat next to Leia. ?All those here have been updated on the situation, correct??

?Up until midnight last night,? Luke corrected. ?Do we know what the Tribunal's going to say today??
    ?No,? Leia admitted, ?but we have a fairly good idea. They have already seen fit to cancel the final mission that was assigned to you and I doubt that after the events of two days ago, they will want to let Father linger unnecessarily for six weeks.?

It was the first time since parting ways that night that she had spoken to Anakin Skywalker and he looked immensely relieved that she was still deigning to refer to him as a blood relation.

?Unnecessarily,? Mother echoed.

?He will be given no more opportunities to redeem himself,? she stated. ?As of the Tribunal's cancellation order, they removed all further steps that would need to be taken before reconvening the court for the appeals hearing.?

Silence fell in response to that. No one seemed to be aware of a suitable way to respond to that and Leia had no words to explain it further. Finally, Han glanced across the table to where Father was sitting with a maddeningly unrepentant expression, and then looked back to his wife.

?So, that's it,? he said. ?He's already blown the appeal.?

There was more truth to that than any of them would like to admit. For all their sakes, however, she had to take command of the situation and act as his attorney first and foremost.

?Not necessarily,? she said with as much optimism as she could muster. ?Aikia will use the attack and any complaints or observations from enemies to make his case. We have the testimonials of multiple leaders and citizens who were on the receiving end of all three missions and the evidence of what he accomplished to this point.?

?Will they ask us to speak?? Mara interjected.

?Your statement from the last debriefing will be used, but other than that, no,? Leia informed her. ?This is to be the most impersonal aspect of the trial, since the Tribunal must decide once and for all how much influence he will have over the Galaxy as a whole.?

Mother let out a breath as if she had been holding it in anticipation of such good news. Luke glanced at her and smiled slightly.

?That can only be good,? he commented. ?When they see that w
  8. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Anakin has been fortunate for the time he has received. He is accepting his fate instead of trying to change it. He has finally learned.
  9. ShrunkenJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    (starting from chapter before this one...) Good Force, Anakin... the guy really has a control problem at times, doesn't he? :oops: Either that or I really hope that wasn't a calculated move to force the appeal to not go through. Leia has more strength in her to continue under these circumstances than I can imagine. Not that she has much choice!

EDIT TO SAY MORE: Ish, I hope you realize after all these responses that I think this fic is really something special (it's the only one I'm currently following ;)), but these last few chapters... god. If there is a more complicated and aggravating character than your perfectly characterized Anakin, I don't know who it would be. Everyone, including him of course, wants him to be fundamentally different, but, well, we all knew he was far from perfect before he fell, too. And it just *has* to come out at the worst times, doesn't it? ;) Yeah, I'm a sucker for heartwrenching moments, no doubt about it. You almost had me thinking that this could have a happy ending. But it really can't, I don't think, and you made me realize that too. Reality bites. :(
  10. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    An incredible post, Ish! You got a lot done here. :) And Anakin apologizes. [face_plain] Well, too little, too late there. Nice to see Aikia and Leia getting along. And the tribunal was donre well. Although I think you know which side I'm rooting for. ;)
  11. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    RebelMom--He has been fortunate and I think that he has come to a good place, whatever happens next.

ShrunkenJedi--He really does. I see his striking Leia at this point as instinctive as his decision to strangle Needa or Ozzel. That is part of what is so disturbing about the event. No, it was not a calculated move. That would have been beyond cold and manipulative and I would not have done that. Leia has incredible strength of the same kind that is fostered under siege or in a concentration camp, where suffering is a fact of life and a tragedy, but unavoidable. I do realize that after how many times you respond to this and I really do appreciate it. Anakin has been one of the most difficult characters to craft and maintain in this fic and it's been the most difficult writing project that I've ever undertaken. Interesting perspective on his need to be fundamentally different. He was vastly flawed before his fall and after it as well. If you're a sucker for heartwrenching moments, you're going to enjoy the rest of this fic. :) I think this ending will be one where you are not sure whether or not it had a happy ending. Reality does bite.

RK_Striker_JK_5--Thanks. :) I got very emotional in this post when I realized that this was only the third time in the entire fic that Anakin has said "I'm sorry" to anyone. Yes, too late, but not exactly too little. I'm glad you liked the Aikia/Leia thing. Thanks for liking the Tribunal. And no, I don't think you've told me enough which side you're rooting for. ;)
    On Leia's orders, Han had gotten the necessary supplies for dinner, but the moment she walked in the door, he stopped taking commands. Instead, he took her hand and pulled her up the stairs to the bedroom. Too tired to contemplate anything romantic, she kissed him quickly and then kicked off her low-heeled shoes.

?How was Kaiya??

?She got bored with me pretty quickly,? Han informed her with a roll of his eyes. ?I tried to teach her dejarik, but that didn't work too well.?

?Why?? Leia grinned. ?She couldn't swallow the pieces, could she??

?Of course not,? he said defensively. ?She just got mad that she couldn't grab the ones that she didn't want on the board.?

?Ah,? she said, slightly relieved. ?What eventually caught her interest? Sabacc??

?The winter clothes closet,? he corrected. ?She thought your old nerf-hide gloves were funny.?

She was not sure whether to roll her eyes or smack him upside the head for letting their daughter anywhere near the things. Kaiya was not to the point of sticking things in her mouth yet, but had most likely either drooled over them or sucked hopefully on them.

?Oh, Han,? Leia cringed, envisioning the number of illnesses that could be caught by sucking on five-year-old nerf leather. ?The ones I used to saddle up tauntauns? Are you sure that's sanitary??

?Probably not,? he said with a shrug. ?I'll give her a bath while you take one.?

If Kaiya got so much as a sniffle, Leia's beloved husband was going to sleep on the couch for a week.

She nodded and turned so he could undo the fastenings on her dress. ?Anything I should know about??

?Well,? he considered, ?I could only find the Corellian Orchid bubble bath and no, I haven't noticed any Galactic crises while you were holed up in the Hall of Justice.?

?Thanks.?

?Don't your guards usually tell you that sort of thing??

?They don't notice the things I need to know,? she complained. ?They worry about who poses a threat to me, but have never bothered to talk about things like emergency gloating strategies and what the most popular subject of my hate mail has been this week.?

?It's the least I can do,? She squirmed out of the dress and ignored the urge to leave it where it fell. Instead, she scooped up both the shoes and the dress and headed for the closet.

?You know,? she called over her shoulder, ?I've been thinking about what to do with half my wardrobe once the trial is over. There are plenty of humanitarian organizations looking for clothing d
  12. palpyisgod2 Force Ghost

star 2
    ah...*melts at Anakin-Qui*
  13. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Anakin and Leia really are a lot alike. I enjoyed his chat with Qui Gon.
  14. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Those last few lines... [face_love]

Loved Han/Leia in the beginning, there. He's a good man. Mara almost defected? LOL, awesome. Anakin, I really wish you'd see what this was doing to Leia. Really... *SAigh*

Great post, Ish!
  15. Blue_Milkshake Jedi Knight

star 3
    The last two posts were just fantastic, Ish.=D=

Padmé's recollection of Breha and baby Leia was so moving.:_|

Favorite bits of dialogue:

?After the hearing, would you and Vera like to come to dinner??
    ?Is this your equivalent of 'no hard feelings?'? he teased.
    ?It's my equivalent of being a fellow Alderaanian who finds you non-repulsive and your wife charming,? she corrected.
    He rolled his eyes and retrieved his own valise. ?Well, as long as I'm non-repulsive,? he responded.
    ?Would you like us to bring anything??
    [face_laugh]
    He had asked Leia to accept the task of executing him not only because it would save him from this world of pain, but because there was an immense and inexplicable attraction to the idea of her face being the last thing he saw in this life.
    :_|
    ?Besides,? Han added, ?someone will probably comm in about an hour to say the Galaxy exploded and they need you to fix it.?
    Leia rolled her eyes this time and stood to head for the 'fresher. ?Make a note and let all of the guards know,? she ordered. ?If the Galaxy explodes, let it be known that I had nothing to do with it and I'm not going to do anything about it.?
    ?So noted,? he said formally as if he were one of her staff.
    [face_laugh]
    ?I spoke to Leia of release,? he said at last. ?The Dark Side surrendered me at Endor. Luke emancipated me from the prison that I had created for myself. Padme has found occasion to release me from my sorrows.
    ?Leia has fought to liberate me on many levels,? he continued. ?Whether it has been in the courtroom or in the moments when she has offered me forgiveness, she has never stopped struggling to see me as a free man. I do not understand it, but in order to replace the enmity that existed between us, she has granted me what love she can. It is far more than I will ever deserve.?
    If it is more than you will ever deserve, why do you ask more? Are you like a child who is so ignorant of his life of luxury that he is constantly unsatisfied?
    ?She has fought constantly for my release, but I am still bound,? he concluded. ?I ask her this favor because she would see me finally as something other than a slave. No matter what the Tribunal decides, I wish for that.?

:_|
  16. tamiki Jedi Knight

I recently discovered your story and have read most of it. I'm deeply impressed of your complex story and the many details. Its also , towards the end, very exciting and unpredictable, which I really enjoy. I'm just a little bit confused about Anakins behavior. I fully understand his troubled mind and longing for peace , but its also very selfish.
    After the first sentence he would do penance and make contribution to the society, why the chance?
    I can see that you need the possibility of an execution for the suspence of your story, but that ending would be absolute awful. From my european view it's horrible to put someone to death. Not justice but revenge and with terrible consequence for the bereaved.

17. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I've been trying to find a way to say this for a while and I feel like it's appropriate at the moment:

Let me first of all say that I appreciate all of the political, ethical and philosophical issues that the readers of this story have raised. All of them have been thought-provoking in some way and some have directly influenced the actual narrative. While all of us have been navigating a rather stormy sea on these fronts just by reading Lest Ye Be Judged, I have admired the restraint shown in respecting the opinions of others and the basic tenets that have been presented.

With that stated, I would like to make one thing clear. I am generally not in favor of the death penalty. I believe that it is a legal measure that has its place in the face of extreme atrocity. I supported the execution of Saddam Hussein and can understand the sentence handed down to the defendants who participated in the Nuremberg trials. In the case of murderers and other such criminals, I believe that life imprisonment is more effective and believe that it has a more appropriate place in the execution of justice.

My philosophical beliefs did not compel me to begin this work of fanfiction with the intent of handing down a death sentence. In fact, I began with two ends in mind and in the course of the story development, gained a clear understanding of my reasons for choosing one over the other. Whether or not Anakin Skywalker receives the death penalty at my figurative hands has everything to do with one simple belief: I support a death sentence when the individual is too dangerous to be kept alive and/or when a legal precedent must be set in order to be a deterrent to others.

Again, thank you for making this one of the most philosophically stimulating three years I have ever experienced.
  18. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    palpyisgod2--Aww, thanks. I loved writing them in a grown-up conversation.

RebelMom--That is why him being her father always made perfect sense to me. I'm glad you enjoyed that.

RK_Striker_JK_5--LOL, those last lines were wonderful for me to write. Han's really my ideal guy. At least the way I write him. I think Mara understood some basic flaws in the Empire at some point, so would have had the temptation to defect in her more impressionable years. Don't worry, he will see what this is doing to her, especially in this post. Thanks!

Blue_Milkshake--Awww, thanks, Blue! I have really never written Padme and Breha and the kind of understanding that they would have had in this context. I'm glad it was moving to you. I had fun with Leia and Aikia being normal people. *hands over tissue* I said something similar once when I had just done a full weekend of concerts with bronchitis and after having had recent surgery.

tamiki--Welcome to the story and I appreciate your perspective. The complexity of the story has been very difficult because I have been to prepare a plausible context for either sentence and ending, plus the real trials of post-war reconstruction. Yes, it has elements of the unpredictable frequently. Anakin's selfishness in my characterization has a lot to do with parallelism to his fall as Vader. He had that same kind of blindness to the consequences in many of the situations of ROTS. It is very selfish, which points out the possibility that his turn was not necessarily an impulsive decision as a young man, but something that he still has the potential for. I put the chance for penance in because of my fundamental opposition to the death sentence. The possibility of an execution is based entirely on the fact that were he tried here on Earth, there would be a great number of nations that would demand that as the punishment rather than rehabilitation. I believe that execution is not something to be espoused often. This is not meant to be out of revenge. And yes, there is terrible conseqence for the bereaved.
    In the end, the final deliberations took longer than any of them would have expected. Given the sentiments of the Tribunal and the prisoner's clearly-stated wishes, she half-though that they would be returning to the courtroom within one standard day of the appeal.

Instead, one day turned into the next and stretched through the night to another morning. On the second day, the Empire welcomed its first post-Endor member world with a reception for the delegation at the Senate Arboretum. Khatarn was in attendance towards the end of the night and holos showed him looking both surly and exhausted, but that was admittedly how he always looked. Across the city, meetings were held for stormtroopers and New Republic Security forces to prepare them for the peace-keeping that would be needed on the day of the final sentencing.

On the third day, rioting broke out over the continued co-existence of Empire and New Republic on Imperial Center. Sate Pestage was the Empire's representative once the protests had been quashed. He stated while the two governments had not yet settled either their differences or the matter of what would happen after the trial, the Empire had no intention of taking action before the matter was decided. New Republic analysts and cynics alike mused that no one would have believed it coming from Isard.

On the fourth day, there was a surprising lull in activity. No one attacked, no one protested and there were no scheduled meetings between opposing parties. The weather turned from snow to rain and then decided to make a stab at snow once more.

It was near 2200 when the VIP concierge at Cantham House knocked on the door of the fourth floor's East suite. Leia pressed a thumbprint to the receipt card and thanked the concierge before heading back in.

Han was sprawled on the bed with a recently-burped Kaiya dozing on his chest. He turned his head to the side and his grin disappeared as soon as he saw the printed sheet of vellum in her hand.
  19. palpyisgod2 Force Ghost

star 2
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: sorry, didn't realise it burgerd everyone's layout...:oops: RebelMom, I am a girl!
  20. Fortherea Force Ghost

star 1
  21. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Eep! Do we need an in-thread therapist? And was it worthwhile prolonged wailing or was that also for the horrible writing? I'd like to put a wink here, but it seems somehow inappropriate.
  22. ShrunkenJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I can't speak for them, of course, but something tells me the opposite, Ish :p

Knew it has to be coming, but still... [face_worried] You write Anakin so beautifully. I loved the conversation between Anakin and Padme, things unsaid, just all those little bits of comfort in the whole thing that make it shine. And now we'll have to wait and see how Leia takes Anakin's message and whether/how she accepts the offer...
  23. merijune Jedi Knight

star 1
    What a way to convey the tension and give a release like that! I'm very impressed by your writing skills.
    Do we get to see what the court order entails? I hope so, since it would not make this story truly complete.
  24. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The scrolling problem will be rectified if PalpyisGod2 edits his post.

I'm glad that Anakin got his one year. I think it really let him know how much his time on the dark side cost him. Still, it is a hard thing for the family to go through, even if they knew it was coming.
  25. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    And thus... it has passed.

Loved Anakin and Padme and Han and Leia, the scoundrel and the princess especially. No matter how many times it's explained... I don't get how Anakin doesn't see how kriffin' sick it is to ask Leia to be the one to carry out his execution. *Shrug*

I'm just dense that way, I guess.

Awesome, awesome post! And so near the end, too!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.