Beyond Lest Ye Be Judged--Vader war crimes trial--Voted Best All-Around, thanks!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Sethathoryunet Force Ghost

star 1
    Tried the link to the very funny thing, but it didn't work. :(

I'll believe you when you say it had you laughing out loud in the street. :D

Uh, I think I better go read ISANH because that post didn't make much sense at all! [face_thinking]

2. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    LOL, it'll make much more sense later.
  3. Luthe Jedi Knight

star 1
    What happened to posting once a day? [face_shame_on_you]

Also, UP!
  4. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Sorry, had a very bad weekend.
  5. Sethathoryunet Force Ghost

star 1
    Consultant on angst to thousands? :eek:

I know just how you feel. ;)
    I have a majorly huge weekend coming up. Somebody has told me that Red Bull and Vodka will help me with the 'wake up but still be tipsy' issue. [face_hypnotized]

I don't think I'll be trying it though, 8-}

Hope this weekend is better for you, and please post more soon!!!!!! [face_praying]

6. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
    Just noticed this today. Can't wait to see more.
    You mind must go in a million different directions to do all of these stories at once.
  7. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    LOL, I don't drink, so can't say I don't know about that. And yes, I'm an angst consultant to thousands over the years. In addition, my new blog has suddenly got a lot of people begging me to beta their action/angst.
  8. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Leia was there the next time he woke up, barefoot and thoroughly engrossed in the contents of her datapad.

"A love letter from Captain Solo?"

"Not this morning," she retorted quietly. "He's trying to sweet-talk his way out of reassignment and Rieekan's threatening to leave him here only on the condition that we make him a father-in-law."

It was probably a good sign that he felt a stab of guilt at the recognition that she would never give Lord Vader that title in any sense beyond the biological, but it almost drew a smile out of him.

"I'm not sure whose side to take," he confessed in kind.

"Yes," she sighed, "but that's up to the both of us not the both of us, Rieekan and the Senate Matchmaking Oversight Committee."

That did inspire a smile.

"I was not romanced to watch myself suffer and die while you discuss my boyfriend in a committee!"

"Your mother's daughter," he observed wryly.

"Hopefully, I don't have her taste in men," she bit out, setting down her datapad. "I'm working on the preliminary charges list."

This hostility, at least, was familiar territory, but he had no desire to approach it in a familiar manner.

"Preliminary," he repeated carefully.

"Yes," she confirmed. "We have not disclosed your identity to anyone and will not until we have arranged the guard force. It is both imprudent and dangerous to let something like this out."

"I agree," he conceded. "So, the charges are simply the ones that your High Command is willing to press personally?"

"They are the ones that will define the nature of the trial," she explained. "If we are able to draw up charges on a purely military basis, you will be tried by a court martial. Since most of your crimes included civilians, however, it is my duty to do the research on the major crimes that could be used for the heading 'crimes against civilization.'"

It was a criminal charge that had been last filed against Kar Vastor and Depa Billaba when Anakin was still a brash young officer in the Army of the Republic and thoughts of fatherhood were merely wishful thinking. Anakin had been on Alderaan when the word came through from Padme and he had remembered staring at the details of the charges with something akin to all-consuming horror. He had been wholly unable to fathom what kind of person, with the Force at their side and guiding them, would have the blindness to even begin those sorts of actions.

He had been blinded enough to act in a way that made Haruun Kal pale by comparison.

"Then you are lost!"

She hefted the datapad. "I would thank you for making my job so easy," she commented drily, "but I'd rather not be able to find anything of the sort."

"Where does Alderaan fall?"

This was probably her strongest point of condemnation against anyone who had served in the Empire, but she was unable to look at him while reporting on it.

"That was Tarkin's crime," she said, even though her voice choked around the words. "I will not see you prosecuted for that particular crime of omission."

Except in your mind. I remember that much from Bespin.

He could remember that, while he tortured her mind on Cloud City, she had fought back in a manner. She had recognized too many moments of weakness in the time she had spent on the Death Star and to give herself power when she had lost everything else, she had shoved these memories back into his mind.

She had been especially attentive to the memory of him beating her for vague impressions of a woman and a necklace that her father had given her. He had thought it all a taunt, instead of a sign that she was Padme's child.

His child.

The one that he could call his by birth, but not by right.

He had thought her headstrong, not Force-strong at the time.

He did not remind her of this, however, had the paradoxical urge to avoid provoking her.

"Thank you," he said instead.
  9. Siaynoqsbride Force Ghost

star 4
    Great post! :) The banter between Leia and Anakin is great. The end was priceless- "Thank you." BTW, I am loving your sig.
  10. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Which part of my sig do you like? And I'm glad you like the banter. I always thought they'd work well as verbal sparring partners, and he's really trying to make an effort, but she's just being...Leia.
  11. Sethathoryunet Force Ghost

star 1
    "364 days until I can kill a character again! "

Okaaaaaaaaaaay, what's with that part of the sig? And what's the icon all about? :confused:

Loved the post! I really, really like the way you're putting Anakin and Leia together in this, it makes for good quality reading. (correction: it makes me feel like I'm not reading
    j/k fluff/angst all the time ;) )

Up! And looking forward to more. :)
  12. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9

I promised myself that no characters would die by my hand for one year from the day that I wrote my 20,000th post. Therefore, 364 days until I can kill a character again. I'm glad you like A/L at the moment. LOL, what's wrong with K/J fluff/angst? ;) I'll write more. I'm probably going to write tonight because I need some emotional venting. My best friend's dad just died.
  13. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Oh, and the icon's in honor of me being the flowergirl in the first Fortress/Guild wedding today. I need to change it back.
  14. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Still here and still reading. I've been lurking alot and occasionally get enough thoughts to make a decent reply. I'm enjoying the verbal sparring as well.
  15. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Yay, a delurk! Glad you're liking the sparring.
  16. Siaynoqsbride Force Ghost

star 4
    I like the part about not killing a character until 364 days have passed. ;) And also the past about angst conultant to thousands... that made my day. Almost.
  17. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    LOL. You know that that promises either everyone's going to die at once in this story a year from now or I'll have someone kill someone off in a one-time collaborative effort.
  18. RebelPrincess Jedi Knight

star 2
    Loved the dialogue between Leia and Anakin. Great post!
    Sorry I can't say more right now...I had a job interview in Miami today which meant I spent 6 hours driving on I-95 today...ugh...brain...hurts...
  19. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
  20. Laura_Anu Jedi Master

star 4
    Wait, you're not killing ANYONE for a year??? Woohoooo! ALthough, I'm sure you'll make up for it by lots of torture.

Oh...and I liked the post!!! What happened with those Jedi that Anakin was thinking about?? Was that in a book, or one of your fics?
  21. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Kar Vastor and Depa Billaba's story is explained in Shatterpoint. Long story short, they incited a civil war on Mace Windu's homeworld and were responsible for mass murders of the natives as well as widespread destruction in the capital city. Depa, Mace's former Padawan, had turned to the Dark Side and attempted to assassinate him, but when she came to her senses after sticking a lightsaber through him, she tried to commit suicide, but was prevented. Instead, she went completely mad/catatonic.
  22. Laura_Anu Jedi Master

star 4
    My gosh! That's intense! Maybe I should go read it...nahhhhh.
  23. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Hey, you can read my signed copy. I met Matt Stover and asked him to sign on the page where Mace is checking Depa's pulse and she shoves her lightsaber into his stomach and ignites it because that's my favorite moment. He was very nice and said that it was his favorite part as well.
  24. Sethathoryunet Force Ghost

star 1
    Uh, I don't think that's my favourite part in Shatterpoint. [face_sick] Mine is when Mace indicates he's meditated and seen Coruscant covered in weed . . . :cool: Now that was a really nifty tie-in to the NJO!

No chance of meeting any SW EU authors here. :_|
    But one can [face_praying] !

Glad to see your icon's back to Bail again, the other one freaked me out! And there's nothing wrong with j/k angst/fluff, it's just that it feels like it's the only thing I read!
    Feel free to start writing another one though, I'm re-reading all the old favourites at the moment!!! 8-}

25. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I completely missed htat tie-in to NJO. WOW! I like that part because Mace comes into the control center, Depa looks totally dead and he knows his main enemy's alive, but the guy goes "You are not my kill," he asks "Whose kill am I," and the answer is the lightsaber against his stomach, he goes "Oh. Not dead. Faking." like it's so obvious and inevitable, but it's so sad and then Depa just screams and screams as she's running him through and then the fighting begins.

Matt Stover did a tour in the US for ROTS novelization and I didn't have enough money to buy the novelization, but I had my copy of Shatterpoint, so after the presentation he did, I had him sign mine.

I liked my other icons. This is for this week only because my best friend's dad died and Bail is a special dad. I want to write more K/J, but I'm having this point where it's hard enough to write J/J.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.