main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Let' Get it together again for workshop

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Annya_Latoure2, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    A few of us are getting together next Saturday at my apartment for an LED workshop for props. I will still be working on costumes/uniforms while the prop builders will be lighting Marie's Imperial Shuttle. Our place is small our livingroom workshop is always turning out new things for your entertainment and amusement and we do more of this than anything else. Dragoncon is not that far away, so we have much to do to get ready for this years' event.

2. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    A small work shop will be held this Saturday at our home in Tampa and is open anyone wanting to come over. We will be working on Marie's Imperial Shuttle puting in LEDs and working on E-11 blasters which I have started making all ready. I plan to have them work with LEDs and sound also.

3. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    We got some excellant tutorials for the blasters that Ross was talking about and the Shuttle is gonna be sweet when it's done. There are folks needing to get costume pieces done before dragoncon, you are welcome to come work on that too.

4. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Marie's Shuttle is coming along nicely. They totally disassembled it and started drilling holes sodering stuff and banging this and that. It was a lot of noise and dust, but they seemed to have a blast. I finished up work on the rest of my ROTS blankets and my original Saga blanket. Alex got that one and it is a beaut. Marie and I also went to Joann's for fabric and patterns. She got some really nice greens and a black and red combo for a renfair skirt to go with her red and black corset. Some of us will be doing that on one of the weekend's. Anyway, my dinningroom table looks like a thermal detonatior went off. It is great to be a modeler...:-B

5. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    I really learned a lot about modeling, electronics, and old soldering irons. (get the new cold/heat) much safer and easier to use.(and no burns on your hands). Now to sewing for the Renfair.

6. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Hey Marie I had to finish your Shuttle so we could have our table and work back. Couldnt drag out the over hual on it. The good thing is it looks VERY COOL. I was able to figure out the blinking lights on the tail and wing tips. Here is a list of what I used in it-

12 3mm bright white LEDs
    6 3mm bright red LEDs
    1 5mm soft yellow LED
    2 3" blue neon tubes
    1 9volt battery
    5 AAA batteries
    3 micro toggle switchs
    and ALOT of wire and solder

Here's what it does now-

The wing tips, tail tip and belly now have marking lights on them, with each wing having a front and back light. The tail has front and back lights, with the belly having 2 marker lights, all which blink at the same time just like in the movie. There are 4 leds on the front of the nose area for landing lights. The red leds are on the front guns and in the cockpit area. The 1 yellow led is in the crew area behind the cockpit. The engine lights light up blue with white in the middle.

Everything has they're own switch, marking lights, engine lights, and the rest. They all can been turned on and off diffrently.

I have one more thing I am going to start on this week for it. I want to work out a stand for it to get off your shelf now that its done. So I have to hang on to it for another week. So I can make the stand work for it. I plan to use the large clear tubing I have here for the stand. I wanna cut the name in to it and light it up using bright blue LEDs to make the cuts light up only nothing else. Im gonna add the Imperial logo and some lettering too. I think your gonna love it when its all done with the stand.

7. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    It's been a long time since we got together. We live in Brandon now, but we'd still like to do a workshop at our place sometime. Got to get ready for Dragoncon and future SW events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.