main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Let go of your anger..."

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    "...only your spoilers can destroy me!"

AARRGH!! SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!

TIME online, new soundtrack tracklist, stupid TFN headlines!! I CAN'T ESCAPE THEM!! :mad:

Okay, I'm done now.

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I feel your pain. I made the mistake of reading the backs (and sometimes the front) of some of the new toys.

In '99, I managed to remain relatively spoiler free, but as long as you are reading webpages and looking at toys, it's almost impossible.

~H~

3. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah I picked up on the toy spoiler thing after opening one, thought it was defective, looked at the back and learned too much. Plus, if you look at a few of the figures, you can guess at some events. I am trying not to pay attention to it so I'm not reading cards at all, but I am still opening them, which can be a problem.

4. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    As long as we are venting here...

<Begin Vent>
    I am really angry at the marketing of the CD. Four covers is just another way to suck more money from fans. The thing that REALLY pisses me off is the "exclusive" crap that Target and Wal Mart got. How greedy can you get??!! Why should I be forced to go to one store to get the "complete" soundtrack? Either put it an all the discs or none of them.

<End Vent>

5. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Allow me to fan the flames a bit - I'm sure you all know that in about a year (maybe less) we'll get the "Ultimate" Episode II soundtrack as a 2 disc set with a whole load of stuff not on the 4 versions released yesterday...

6. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I'm not too worried about soundtrack problems. I'll just steal it all off the internet.

7. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Don't forget the third CD scam out already: Best Buy has a collectable card in it. :( George and co. must be filthy rich.

8. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I agree, BYOB (hey! that rhymes!). I bought the soundtrack, opened it, and I WILL NOT be reading the names of the songs or looking at the booklet until after I've seen the movie. When it comes to SW, I have the willpower and patience of a saint...sometimes. ;) 23 DAYS!!!

9. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Fortunately for me I'm not a collector.

...The Legos don't count, right?

10. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Oh..legos count. We have a whole shelf full of little lego Star Wars people. So, they have to count.:)

11. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    No! That's not true! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!

12. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Search your feelings, you *KNOW* it to be true...

13. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    I have to get in on this. Since I worked for the gestapo (Lucasfilm ltd.) I can relate.

This sounds very cold, very harsh, and bitter- yes, your'e right. But this is also the truth...sorry to say.

LUCASFILM really doesn't care that much about us as a group. He has made it clear in interviews for PHANTOM that the film is aimed at the kids not the FANS.

But it is truly his (marketing/pr) dept. that are the real criminals.

When I was creating the pogs, and collector cards and everything else for Frito-Lay I REALLY TRIED to make things that where collectable, and unseen- not rehash from 20 years earlier. In a meeting at Lucasfilm, it was said that FL"s work was the best designed...but catered way to much to the fans.

Well, I never talked much about this. In their eyes I was doing to much. The same goes for the soundtrack- not only 4 covers, but two types of tracs as well. They do it for one reason. Greed! They are no different than any other comapny. The fact is when he granted the right of license to Hasbro, it was also noted that they needed to but an electronics company(Tiger Toys), and in turn a gaming company (Wizards). Since Hasbro owns all the lesser groups and Lucasfilm has a large amount of stock in Hasbro, and that on top of it he recieves not only a royalty of close to 15%, he also charges them for the right to make the stuff.

Many companies who had tie-ins with Episode 1, are either in trouble now, or have gone out of business.

Yes this is long winded but I HATE the way they treat us. I'm sorry but it is not the 8 year old in Ohio who see's this film 20 times, or buys the toys no matter what...It is the FANS. And sadly for us- it will continue for yet another film.

Now that I got that out of my system...I feel better. (Big Breath)

14. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Nooooooooooooooooo!! AAAAAAARRRRGH!!

(This thread is Kershnerlicious.)

15. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Soon your journey to the dark side will be complete...

16. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    [image=http://adbusters.org/spoofads/misc/ethiceze/ad.gif]

17. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    LMAO. You guys are histerical! Thanks for the laugh. I need it with finals quickly approaching. Finals, the TRUE evil of the galaxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.