main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let me introduce my self

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Vader4eVer77, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    You may also consider hitting the children's ward of that Hospital if you're already getting all dressed up and going there. Of course, that you'll most likely want to arrange ahead of time with Hospital staff.

Glad to see the first signs of community out-reach. Good job, Shelbi!

2. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Don't worry, I had already thought about that. I talked to my friend and she is going to call me w/ the information tonight.

3. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    I'll do everything i can to come as well. I'm off Fri and Sat. ^_^ other wise i don't get off till 8-9 ish

4. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Shebli, Mike2 has a Stormtrooper and I have a Leia, just note the days he can do it on his post above.

5. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Perfect. It will probably be on a Saturday afternoon or something. My friend's mom is going to talk to the people in charge tomorrow, or, if you want to get it done faster, one of us could look into it our selves, but I would perfer if it was one of the council guys that made the arangements. The lady I mentioned earlier has actually been there, St. Francis, for 6 months and just recently got out of ICU. She lives in California and was here on sci-fi convention business, but she got in a REALLY bad car wreck. Some of my friends said they would come and help too. I was also thinking that we could bring candy or something for the kids, if we can visit them too, any suggestions?

6. Kara_Jade_2002

Kara_Jade_2002 Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2003
    Hey there everyone...
    My suggestion about the hospital thing is that you might check with the hospital staff, when you ask about the children's ward, about the candy thing because some of the kids can't have candy. You might consider something else...not sure of anything to suggest yet, but I will keep thinking. Maybe small toys (like party favor toys) that come in larger quantities of five or ten to a bag, or something like that.
    Also, I need to talk to the other Twi'leks about costume ideas (need some feedback). If you are out there give me a shout.

7. Gaellen

Gaellen Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2002
    As far as gifts for the kiddies, ask the staff. They know what they can have and can't. I would think something like banana chips or other dried fruits, without nuts, would be most acceptable. Also, I found out that each month that each Wal-Mart has to donate $300 to organizations (any type). We might write up a proposal to them and get some things out of the toy department, mainly star wars toys of course.

8. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Thanks for the information Zack and Kara. I figure that we should go ahead and call up the hospital. I got the number to the Children's Hospital st St. Francis, it's 494-5437. Would anyone like to be incharge of contacting them? Hey Zack, do you think you could possibly contact a Wal Mart about the donations? Thanks for your support in this guys.

9. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    I have a new reason to hate teenagers and cheerleaders. I am on the internet, obviously, and this cheerleader keeps IM'ing me claiming that we are best friends, and even worse, that I'm a cheerleader, yuck.I've never heard of her and she wasn't in my yearbook. She wouldn't stop buggin me. She finally wrote me an e-mail, so I replied w/ my version of "leave me alone," a not-so-nice version. I will be glad when I am not a teenager anymore!!!

10. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Nonsense Shelbi....remain a teenager as long as you can. :)

Paul

11. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Hey, I talked to my uncle who used to work at St. Francis and he said to call the nursing services department. I'm gonna either try and call tonight or tomorrow, so I will let you know if we can do this or not, and then we can decide on a date, cool?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.