Let me introduce myself....

Discussion in 'Tulsa, OK' started by QueenOverVader, Aug 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExeterIsLame Jedi Padawan

Name: Mark Temple

Town: Owasso

Family/Pets: Wife Shelli, 5 Cats (Cotton, Desi, Lil Sh!t, Mac, Toby), 1 Ferrett (Zoey)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, music, movies, games(pnp/video/board), computers.

To Costume or not to Costume: While I think it rocks... highly unlikely I would ever dress up as anything. Never really cared for that aspect of Halloween either hehe. Although I do remember one year I invented my own Star Wars universe bounty hunter and tried to convince my friends he was really in ESB.

Favorite SW Hobbie: Playing the ever so mediocre LucasArts Star Wars games :)

Favorite SW Character/Movie: Boba Fett from ESB... and ESB is my favorite Star Wars movie.

Favorite SW Book: Heir to the Empire, Timothy Zahn

SW characters you've met: Bill Dobwich that one guy you can see the thumb of for five seconds in a blurry shot of Jabbas Palace in ROTJ.

SW character you most want to meet: Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Ewan McGregor

What drew you to the Fan Force: Jake, Jake, and More Jake. Crazy former Co-Worker recruited Ed and I with a vengence... just be absent alot :) My only FF claim to fame is that I am logo boy.
  2. Maumi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Name:Dena Maumi Mohr

Town: Broken Arrow

Family/Pets: Husband Mike Mohr, 2 Cats Xena and Padme', 1 dog Krillin

Hobbies/Interests: music and drawing

To Costume or not to Costume: Padme, Leia, working one Slave Leia

Favorite SW Hobbie: Getting together w/ the FF.

Favorite SW Character/Movie: All of them

Favorite SW Book: Never read any

SW characters you've met: Peter Mayhew, Jeremy Bulloch

SW character you most want to meet: Harrison Ford, Ewan McGregor, Carrie Fisher, Nathalie Portman, Liam Neeson

What drew you to the Fan Force:Fun people who have the same interest as Mike and I
  3. breeland Jedi Padawan

Name: Bree Weaver

Town: Tulsa

Family/Pets: Gary Weaver II (Husband), Alexandra Weaver (Daughter), Ophelia and CoCo (Cats), Hamlet and Hidei (Dogs)

Hobbies/Interests: Crosstitch, Costume Making (beginner), reading, going to Toy Shows and various Star Wars events with Gary, and taking care of my beautiful baby girl.

Costume: Padme packing her bags outfit.

Favorite SW Movie: Empire Strikes Back

Favorite SW Book: Tried reading a few but lost interest.

SW Characters you have met: Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch, and a few others but can't remember right now.

SW Character you most want to meet: Frank Oz

What drew you to the Fan Force: Gary of course!
  4. gw2tulsa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Name: Gary Weaver II

Family/Pets: Bree Weaver (Wife), Alexandra Weaver (Daughter), Ophelia and CoCo (Cats), Hamlet and Heidi (Dogs)

Hobbies/Interests: Custom Figures, Prop and costume Replicas, Drawing, Airbrushing, Sculpting, and various other art related stuff :)

Costume: Gonna have trooper Armor soon, but still want to do something else.

Favorite SW Movie: Empire Strikes Back

Favorite SW Book: Heir to the Empire Trilogy - Great storyline that didn't need to kill a classic main character to get people to read it...

SW Characters / Celebrities you have actually interated with: Characters - David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch, Antony Daniels, Warwick Davis, John Hollis (Lobot), Bill Hootkins (Porkins), John Morton (Dak), Femi Taylor (Oola), Mercedes Nogh (Rystall), Shannon Baska (Mara Jade), Caroline Blakiston (Mon Mothma), Maria de Aragon (Greedo), Phil Brown (Uncle Owen), Julian Glover (general Veers) and I'm sure some others I've forgotten about...

Celebrities: Don Bies (R2 Handler), Steve Sansweet (LFL marketing), Timothy Zahn (Writer), Doug Chang (art Director E1 and E2), Mark Bodreaux (First Kenner Toy designer), various ILMers, and some people I shouldn't have forgotten...

Freakiest Star Wars Moment: I'd actually have to give this a tie. The first took place about three or four years ago. Anthony Daniels was hosting a Plano show. Well, at the same show - there was this threepio costume. Knowing the owner I asked if I could go upfront and take a closer look and he said yes. So now I'm playing around with this suit see, and I get a little curious to see just HOW it fits :) Being the genius that I am I put it on. No sooner then 5 seconds after I put some of the parts on, guess who comes around the corner and is staring me right in the eyes - Anthony Daniels... I kid you not. here is the conversation verbatum:

Me: hi....
    Anthony: Where did you get that...
    Me: Uh.. I think it was used at Disneyworld...
    Anthony: Oh, well, its very innacurate...
    he turns around and walks off...
    Me: ....?

Think I'm lying?
    [image=http://home.ix.netcom.com/~gw2/threepio/3po-12.jpg]

2nd Freakiest Moment...

Again at a Plano show. Bree and I rush down to PLano and can only be at the show for a few minutes. Well, Julian Glover (General Veers)is there and I took a custom Walter Donovan card from Indiana Jones down for him to sign. Well, while waiting in line - he says the following line for another fan: "The shield Generator is down Lord Vader - you may start your landing" and I swear he got it DEAD RIGHT. That just about damn near gave me goose bumps. Thats probably the first time I've actually heard one of the actors say their line from the movie :) At that point I knew I was a true SW geek :)

SW Character you most want to meet: Gotta agree with the wife :)- Frank Oz

What drew you to the Fan Force: The chance to finally get together with people with the same interests... picking on Otto :)
  5. Sentinel_Vash Jedi Knight

star 2
  6. Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Name: Luke Buchanan

Town: Muskogee

Family/Pets: Girlfriend(Debbie), Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, Sister-in-law, Brother-in-law

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, PS2, Movies, Star Wars!

To Costume or not to Costume: While You guys are really talented I don't think I will ever suit up.

Favorite SW Hobbie: Reading the books and playing the games

Favorite SW Character/Movie: Luke Skywalker/ROTJ

Favorite SW Book: Star Wars Lightsabers, Kevin J. Anderson and Robecca Moesta

SW characters you've met: N/A

SW character you most want to meet: Mark Hamill

What drew you to the Fan Force: Found the site through theforce.net
  7. DARTH_TRAE Jedi Knight

Name: Trae

Town: Broken Arrow

Occupation: Supervisor at a Call Center (I am NOT A TELEMARKETER. Customers call, me not the other way around. Telemarketers are of the Darkside.

Family/Pets: Mom and Dad who think I'm weird
    and Brother who is also a starwars fan.

Hobbies/Interests: Making amature movies, seeing movies, Computers, video games (Warcraft2&3,StarCraft!!!), Comics (Batman, Spiderman), Mr.T "I pity the Fool!Sucka!

To Costume or not to Costume: I have a most impressive Darth Maul Costume my best friend's X-girl friend sewed for me. I look so Wizard! I've even got the scary contact lenses too!

Favorite SW Hobbie: Searching, selling stuff off ebay. Making Star Wars movies in my back yard that are so bad that they will never see the light of day, but are a blast to make!

Favorite SW Character/Movie: Yoda, ROTJ

Favorite SW Book: Thrawn Trilogy

SW characters you've met: Peter Mayhew

SW character you most want to meet: Natalie Portman,Harrison Ford and Ewan McGregor.

8. talltrees Jedi Knight

star 3
    Greetings DT. We look forward to your presence on the boards. If you can make it to our meetings, that to would be great. It will never be a dull moment, that's for sure! LOL!

Ice Queen
  9. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    TRAE!!!! It's Mike Mohr!!! HIYA!!!!
  10. Sentinel_Vash Jedi Knight

star 2
    trea you work at west dont you? What line group?

11. DARTH_TRAE Jedi Knight

Hey Mike!
    I thought it was you as "mystictrunks01"!
    Good to hear from you!
    (Hey everybody, I went to high school with Mike! Go BA, class of 98!! .... or whatever.)
    I saw a pic of you on a site about a fan film. It looks COOL! So your the Bad guy, huh?

I do not know if I will be able to make many meeting talltrees, my work schedual is usaully late Saturday And Friday. But if one day I'm free you bet I'll show up!

No, Sentinel Vash, I do not work at west, but i did breifly for a 3 week peroid, until school got in the way. My best friend works there though, he used to work in AOL, but now for Direct TV. His name it Tim. (Looks like the grown-up version of Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes)

I don't know how often I will check the boards. I don't have the swiftest or most reliable connection at home . I usually get on at TCC.

Hopefully, all will hear from me often and behold my awesome power!!! Mwahahahahahahaha!!! *Gasp, choke, cough!* Oww! My Throat!

12. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Good ol' Tim Cavin right? So he left AOL then? YEA!!! If that's the same time tell him i said hi next time ya see him.

Well, hopefully you'll get to come to a meeting or if not that, when we get together one time or another like we always end up doing.
  13. Sentinel_Vash Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was in his aol training class tims cool
  14. DARTH_TRAE Jedi Knight

I'll tell Tim you all said Hi.
    :)
  15. banditajs Jedi Knight

star 1
    Name: Amanda Sanders

Family/Pets: Russ (Husband), Robby (3 yr wannabe Jedi son), Bandit (dog)

Hobbies/Interests: reading SW books, raising a 3 yr old

To Costume or not to Costume:

Favorite SW Hobbie: SW books and toy collecting, would like to learn RPG

Favorite SW Character/Movie: Han Solo/ROTJ

Favorite SW Book: the whole NJO series

SW characters you've met: Warwick Davis, Anthony Daniels

SW character you most want to meet: Harrison Ford (who else)

What drew you to the Fan Force: hopefully meet people with some of the same interests
  16. FaceLoran Jedi Knight

star 3
    Welcome banditajs, or Amanda, or whatever you prefer! :D
  17. GENERAL_FEL Jedi Knight

star 3
    Welcome, banditajs!

Amanda and her husband, Rusty are from my home town of Claremore. As children, her husband and my wife used to live in the same neighborhood and played together all the time. I had both of Amanda's parents as teachers at one time or another at the high school. We used to have so much fun in their classes. Bottom line, they're great people.

"Favorite SW Book: the whole NJO series" Nice to see that there's someone else who enjoys the NJO as much as I do!

18. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sorry Amanda, we didn't know you knew Jake. We'll be extra nice as i'm sure you already have enough stress just by knowing him hehehe

Oh yea, welcome aboard.
  19. QueenOverVader Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome Bandit! It's great to have another woman of mine & Lisa's age join the group (no offense to the other ladies please). :)

20. Sentinel_Vash Jedi Knight

star 2
    Welcome aboard the bus to the darkside. Now make sure your tray table is in its full and upright position and please buckle up because its going to be a eventful ride. :)
  21. Calli Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey welcome Amanda!!

22. talltrees Jedi Knight

star 3
    Greetings Amanda! Like Jammie said, another woman in the group, around our age, is a good thing! :D

Ice Queen
  23. Jedi-masterHannah Jedi Padawan

Name: Mark R. Hannah
    occupation: Sales for toner/ink jet/printer servie....Also full time Respiratory Thearpy Student.
    Hobbies: Model airplanes, R/C, Rockets, Collecting, Making Star Wars costumes/Lightsabers
    Intrest: My wife/son, Star Wars, Monopoly, Disney, Gambling(blackjack). In that order
  24. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Does that mean Star Wars Monopoly over Disney Monopoly any day?
  25. banditajs Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks I appreciate the welcome. Amanda is fine with me. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.