main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Let No Jedi Tear Asunder - H/L Luke - AU - COMPLETED 4/30/2010

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Smelly_ole_Sock, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smelly_ole_Sock

Smelly_ole_Sock Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2004
    After a long absence, S_o_S is back with yet another twisted, wicked story.

I have always been unable to comprehend Han's (and Leia's for that matter) compliance to Luke to send their young children off (for 'protection"), and they wouldn't know where! This was the beginning of the profic writers many, many sins against the parenting skills of Han and Leia. The Han and Leia of the movies would NEVER have agreed to that nonsense, and this story is an AU to Luke's 'big idea'.

Evil updates should be weekly. [face_skull]

----

Let No Jedi Tear Asunder

Intro

Sunlight streamed into the opulent living room, illuminating the back of Luke Skywalker's blond hair. The effect gave the impression of making the young Jedi Master angelic... a bit holy, even. Considering his current emotions, the glow only heightened Han Solo's barely suppressed fury as he listened to his brother-in-law's speech.

Luke glanced over briefly at Han, then returned his attention back toward his sister. "It's for the best, Leia," he finished up, trying to sound certain of his stance.

"But they're so young," Leia said, not for the first time.

"That's exactly why I feel it's important to protect them from darkside influences," Luke stated, spreading his hands outward in a conciliatory gesture. "Sending them away will protect them while they are at their most vulnerable."

Han could no longer remain silent. "Protect them? From us?"

"No, no," Luke insisted. "From the darkside. The Force is telling me there are evil beings out there that would love to kidnap and twist your children's minds."

"Yet we won't know where our children are located?" Han asked, barely believing his own ears. "And you will? That's not right."

"Luke has explained this already," Leia said to her husband. "He's a Jedi, and he'd be able to withstand a darksider's interrogation."

"Luke is their uncle," Han said, his lips thinning in frustration and anger. "We're the parents, Princess. This isn't his decision, and I don't care what the kriffin' Force is telling him."

"It's not just your decision, either," Leia returned sharply.

"Did the Jedi of old do this?" Han questioned, glaring at his wife.

"They didn't have to," Luke responded. "Force-sensitive children were removed from their parents as soon as they were identified and taken into the protection of other Jedi."

Han gave a derisive snort. "Really? And the birth-parents didn't object, even a little bit?"

"It was for the best," Luke said, knowing he'd asked himself the same question, and more than once.

"I'm not sure bringing back the Jedi Order sounds like such a great idea."

"HAN!" Leia shouted, sounding shocked.

"What?" Han replied, shaking his head. "You're telling me that legalized kidnapping was a good thing?"

"The parents must have agreed," Leia argued.

"Or they were pressured into it, with that weak-mind-altering Force of yours."

"That's not true," Leia said, unsure whether it was or wasn't.

Han walked up to Luke. "I thought this Force of yours was everywhere."

"It is," Luke agreed.

"So how would our kids be safe from the darkside of the Force wherever it is you want to send them? Is this place immune from the darkside, and all evil?"

"No, it's just that only a select few would know where they are."

"And that select few wouldn't include me an' Leia."

"It's only for a few years."

"Years! Those are the same years that parents have the most influence over their development."

"It is their most formative years, which is why I want to send them -"

"Away from us!" Han interrupted hotly.

"Away from the darkside," Luke finished, becoming frustrated with Han's failure to see how important this was to the future.

"According to the New Republic law, our kids' welfare is half mine," Han said. "And I say, no way."

Leia was torn, desperately trying to understand Luke's viewpoint, yet as the mother, understanding Han's reluctance to concede. "We can talk about this later, after we've had a cha

2. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Funny how when Ben was born, he wasn't separated from his parents... Yup, those without kids always think they know better than the parents. I guess the profic authors made Han and Leia out to be awful parents from the start, but Luke and Mara were perfect. Leia was right in the profic to have her doubts about having children, look what was done to them, one died young, another turned to the Dark Side, and the remaining child had to kill her twin. Nasty! Ben was 'almost' turned by his cousin, but came out of it. Don't like the profic anymore, that's what AU fanfic is for.

Anyway, PM me when this updates.

3. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Hmmm. I'm definitely interested- I've often wondered what the Solo kids would have turned out like if they had been raised by their parents. Might I also have PM updates?

4. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    dm1- I guess the profic authors made Han and Leia out to be awful parents from the start, but Luke and Mara were perfect.- That is true. But this has given SoS a very evil plot bunny to work with?. This might even be worse that anything the profic authors cooked up. [face_devil]

SithGirl132 ? I've often wondered what the Solo kids would have turned out like if they had been raised by their parents.- Or, at least, ONE parent! MUAHAHHAHAHHAHA! [face_mischief]

5. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    One

The next several days were extremely tense in the Solo household. Arguments would erupt whenever Leia brought up the subject of her brother taking the children, and it was becoming increasingly obvious to Han that Leia was siding with Luke, and there would be no unified front to present to the young Jedi Knight. Leia's apparent acquiescence to Luke's demands divided them even further. In an attempt to ease the strain, early mornings would find Han fleeing to the calming solitude of his ship, and the quiet understanding of his long-time partner, Chewbacca.

Late afternoon, Chewie finally remarked to his friend, [You should go home. Try to make peace.]

"Yeah," Han said with a snort. "We haven't had a peaceful night since Luke stuck his nose into our business."

[Do you still love Leia?]

Han shot his partner an incredulous look. "Why do you even have to ask that? I'd do almost anything for Leia - except this." The Corellian shook his head in despair. "It's Luke that I'm starting to hate."

[He means well. He is still young.]

"You got that right," Han snapped out. "Young, and despite Leia's claims to the contrary, inexperienced when it comes to being a Jedi. Knowing how to use a lightsaber and levitate rocks doesn't give him the right to dictate other peoples' lives. Hell, the entire galaxy is giving him credit for single-handedly killing the Emperor, when it was actually Vader that did it. All that unjustified praise is going to his head."

[You cannot blame Luke for the galaxy's hero-worship,] the huge Wookiee growled. [He has tried to deflect it away from himself.]

"Whose side are you on?"

[Yours,] Chewie replied. [But I am getting tired of spending so much time working on the Falcon when there is nothing wrong with her. I want to go to my apartment and get some rest.]

"So go. I'm not stopping you."

[You go home, too, and be nice.]

"I'll try. But Luke had better not be there when I get home."

~~~

Luke wasn't at the Solo apartment. For that matter, neither was Leia. It was Threepio, carrying three large satchels, that greeted Han in the main hallway.

"Hello, Master Solo!" the droid said. "Mistress Leia is not home at the moment, but rest assured that I am doing a wonderful job at attending to your offspring. Although, since they are currently napping, it is not all that difficult at the moment."

"Where is she?"

"Princess Leia?"

"Yes!"

"The Princess went over to Winter's apartment, in order to aid Winter in assembling traveling apparel."

It took Han several seconds to decipher the droid's babble. "Where's Winter going?"

"I am not certain," Threepio replied. "It was not my place to ask that particular question."

Han pointed at the luggage the droid was holding. "What's all that?"

The droid's head tilted down as he lifted the bags. "This?"

"Yeah, Goldenrod. THAT."

"It is the children's clothing and toys. Princess Leia requested I put a travel bag together for each of them."

Han felt the blood drain from his face as he put a hand on the wall to steady himself. "You're kidding me," he whispered to himself.

Threepio failed note the comment wasn't a question. "No, Sir. It is not in my programming to 'kid'."

Han had to take a moment to compose himself, stunned that Leia would go behind his back and allow Luke to whisk their children off into the unknown. Shaking, he turned his attention back to the droid. "Did Leia tell you where the kids were going?"

"No, Master Han. Did you not know about this development?"

"Of course I knew," Han snapped, easily lying to the gullible droid. "We're all taking a little vacation. So take those bags to the Falcon right away."

This seemed to cheer the droid considerably. "A vacation? That sounds quite delightful." He shuffled toward the door. "Am I invited, Master Solo?"

"When hell freezes over," Han muttered under his breath.

"What did you say? I did not hear you."

"I said, of course you're coming with us," Han called out. "Now hurry up. I'll

6. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Han kidnapped the kids? :eek: I definitely am curious. Wow, not expected at all. Please, more?

7. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    So Leia was planning to take Han and the kids (and Winter for babysitting) away on a vacation, and Han just up and took the kids himself? Uh, oh... talk about your misunderstanding. Leia should have told 3PO the whole thing, and then he would have told Han. He might have gone for it... or she could have told him herself. If she thought about it, surprising him like that might not have been the best idea, he would get the wrong impression from all the packed bags.

Oh, you're right, there is trouble afoot here, but I kind of agree with Han about Luke. He's not exactly a Jedi expert yet, and many of the problems that happened with the Jedi resulted from their "non-attachment" rules like removing children from their parents and forbidding relationships. So it's not "gospel" what the Jedi did, and he had no idea of the consequences that led his own father to turn to the Dark Side. What they did led to their own demise.

I also don't think Luke would have offered them a chance to come along, though, since the whole point was really to separate them from their parents as the Jedi of old did. It wasn't a viable choice anyway, since Leia has a galaxy to run, and she can't do it from a secret lair.

8. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    Yeah! My two readers are still here! [face_dancing]

SithGirl132- Han kidnapped the kids?- Desperate times call for desperate measures! LOL!

dm1 ? So Leia was planning to take Han and the kids (and Winter for babysitting) away on a vacation, and Han just up and took the kids himself?- Yeppers. Han is a bad boy! don't think Luke would have offered them a chance to come along- He had to ask, knowing what their answer would be.

Two

"Chewbacca would not go along with kidnapping your children," Winter said firmly, watching as Leia frantically contacted the flight controller, confirming her fears that the Falcon had lifted off. "There must be some simple explanation."

"No, he wouldn't help Han," Leia said, grasping at that small hope before she remembered the past. "Although, he did go along with that incident where Han took me to Dathomir against my will."

"Master Chewbacca was not inside the ship when I dropped off the children's luggage," Threepio informed the women. "After Captain Solo arrived, he told me his co-pilot went back to his own apartment for some recharging... I mean, rest. Then he ordered me to come over here and help you and Winter."

Leia hurriedly pressed in the code for Chewie's private comlink, and soon a shaggy, sleepy face appeared in the screen. "Chewie? Han's taken my babies!"

[What? Why?]

Threepio acted as the Wookiee's interpreter, and then Leia replied, "He saw Threepio taking the children's luggage out of our apartment. I wanted to surprise him with a vacation, and he must have thought...." She stopped speaking, trying to keep from sobbing.

[He thought you were allowing Luke to take the twins and Anakin away,] Chewie surmised. [I will be sure to throttle him when we find him, Princess.]

Leia clenched her teeth, determined that this problem would be quickly resolved - she just needed to speak to Han. "Where do you suppose he would go?"

Chewie considered. [He will need help with two-year-old twins and a six-month-old baby. He may consider asking Malla for assistance. I will contact her immediately.]

"Thanks," Leia said. "I'll get in touch with Luke, and let him know what's happening. Maybe he can use his Force-insight into all of this, as well."

~~~

About two hours after leaving Coruscant, Han began having serious doubts about his impulsive action. The baby was screaming non-stop, and the twins were busy getting into everything that wasn't sealed firmly shut. This meant his precious tools were being tossed about the hallways, mingling with a trail of clothes and toys.

Han gathered up Jaina and Jacen, plunking them into their booster seats, which had been installed by the game table. He fastened the belts across their laps, ordering them to stay put. This only resulted in the twins bursting into tears, joining Anakin's wails.

"QUIET!" Han yelled into the cacophony, holding his palms against his ears. The three children grew silent and wide-eyed... for about three seconds. Then the cries ratcheted up in volume, drowning out even the noise of the Falcon's engines. "All right, all right," Han cajoled, desperate. "I'm sorry I yelled. Will you stop crying if I give you ice cream?" The twins immediately stopped, although Anakin kept crying.

Jacen sniffed. "Lotsa?"

"Cocolot?" Jaina added hopefully.

"Yes, a lot of chocolate ice cream. With nuts and whipping cream."

"I dunna like nuts," Jaina complained.

"I wanna quirt the whip cream right inna my mouth," Jacen said. "From the can."

"You can do that," Han promised, grateful at least two of the three had quieted down. As he took out the container from the cooler, his mind raced. He needed to come up with some type of plan, and it was obvious he needed the help of a female with his children. As he scooped large mounds of ice cream into dishes, he dismissed the notion of heading to Kashyyyk. Malla would certainly agree to help him, but she would contact Chewie at the first opportunity, and then

9. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    "How dare you suggest that?" Leia said in a low, quiet tone. "My family is falling apart, and there is only one person who's responsible."

"Me?" Luke questioned in disbelief.

"Who else?"

"I was only trying to help!"

"Tell me, Luke, when you get married and have children, do you plan on removing them from your life for two or three years?"

"If I feel the Force is telling me it's necessary, I will," he returned evenly.

Baloney! Shame on Luke...

You bet he'd better help put things back together!

Han's a smart guy, he already figured out that it wasn't a good idea to go to Malla. So now he's going to the corporate sector to one of his former ladies. I don't know about that one, Leia will have a worse fit! I bet it's Salla... who wanted to marry him, planned it all out without consulting him, so he ran.

10. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    "I'm not getting married to Mara Jade!" Pricelessly funny! I also love how Han can't quite deal with the kids on his own. Great comic relief there!

11. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    And here's your third... :)

Very interesting setting, I'm glad Leia started by chewing Luke's head out! But now she needs to find Han!

12. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    dm1- So now he's going to the corporate sector to one of his former ladies. I don't know about that one, Leia will have a worse fit! I bet it's Salla... who wanted to marry him, planned it all out without consulting him, so he ran.- Maybe? [face_whistling]

SithGirl132- love how Han can't quite deal with the kids on his own.- A baby and two year old twins would be a handful for anyone! [face_mischief]

Golden_Jedi- I'm glad Leia started by chewing Luke's head out! But now she needs to find Han!- She?ll find Han. And a bit more. :eek:

Sorry this post took so long.

Ekibo, in the Corporate Sector

It took Han quite a few days, and more than a few bribes, to track down her down, although he was relieved to discover her organization was no longer on Urdur. That cold planet reminded Han of Hoth, and he wasn't too fond of cold and snow, especially after having experienced the 'joy' of camping outside in negative temperatures overnight. Ekibo was a temperate planet, known for farming and herdbeasts.

As the Falcon gently landed in an open field, the Corellian noted with some concern the large group of heavily armed, rough-looking men that quickly surrounded his ship. After ordering his twins to stay put, Han lowered the ramp and with arms raised above his head, he slowly exited his ship, stopping at the foot of the ramp.

"I'm not here to make trouble," he called out, hoping the men didn't have itchy trigger fingers. He squinted into the bright sunlight, trying to see if he recognized anyone.

"Liar," a familiar, and feminine voice stated from behind his back.

Han spun around, grinning at the pretty blonde woman standing a few feet away. "Jessa!"

"Do ya want us to blast him?" one of the men yelled over.

"Probably later, but right now you can go back to work," Jessa replied calmly, pushing her curly hair back from her face. "I can handle this problem."

"Me?" Han asked innocently, lowering his hands to his side. "Since when have I caused you problems?"

A strange, unreadable look flitted across the woman's face, then she rolled her blue eyes. "How long has it been this time, Solo? Oh, wait... I know the answer. Twelve years." She gave a sour expression. "That's not so long, in the great scheme of the galaxy, is it?"

"I've been sort of busy," Han said defensively. "Saving the galaxy from tyranny, rescuing Princesses and Jedi. That sort of thing."

"You forgot to add that part about relaxing in carbonite while visiting the Great Jabba the Hutt."

"Oh. You heard about that, huh?"

"We hear everything, eventually. By the way, Solo, where's your wife?"

Han rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Well, that's the reason I'm here, actually."

"Let me guess... she's had enough of your running off to visit old loser friends, and she's kicked your sorry butt out and filed for divorce," Jessa surmised.

"No," Han said. "At least I'm pretty sure she hasn't filed for a divorce."

"Does she have a reason to?"

No sooner had those words left Jessa's mouth when two toddlers came rushing down the ramp. "Dada!" the girl cried out. "Anikin is crying again!"

"An' he's smelly, too," the little boy put in with a serious nod.

Han saw Jessa's astonished expression. "Those are my kids, Jaina and Jacen. The baby's in his crib."

Jaina waddled up to the woman, tugging her hand. "Are you our new nanny?"

"I sure hope not, kiddo," Jessa replied, glaring at Han. "Is your wife onboard, too?"

"Uh, no. Last I knew, Leia was on Coruscant."

"You must have a good reason to be here without her, and with your children in tow, I assume?"

"I do have a good reason," Han responded, shifting on his feet as he gave a quick glance down at the twins. "I don't suppose you have someone trustworthy that can watch my kids while we talk in private, do you?"

Jessa suppressed a sigh. "I?ll contact Ida. She'll be a thousand times more competent at tending to children than you could possibly be."

13. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    Actually, to be a little fair, Ben was seperated from his parents not long after he was born and Luke did accept it. On the other hand Mara took it about as well as Leia takes it here and called Luke something along the lines of an emotionally devoid mystic. Ben also mentions in FOTJ that family life in the Skywalker/Solo households was less that stellar and Luke seems to feel a little guilty about it all.

Anyhoo, great story, I sense evil is afoot and that profic Luke is about to get a beating [face_worried] And Han...it was nice knowing you buddy [face_skull]

14. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    ?You get it, finally,? Jessa said. ?Nana?s actual name is Hanna, and she is your child, Solo. I suppose belated congratulations might be in order, but if my father finds out you?ve come here, you?d better make certain you?re wearing a high quality dura-steel cup.?

Ooooops... [:D]

15. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Big oops, really big! Poor Han, he never can catch a break...

Jessa, huh? Well, I was close... kind of.

16. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    "You?d better make certain you?re wearing a high quality dura-steel cup."
    [face_laugh] Priceless! Han's out of the frying pan and into the fire, all right... I can't wait to see where this is going to end up.

17. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    It?s been ALMOST A MONTH since I updated this! :eek: :eek: Bad, bad me? [face_blush]

Whifflesnip- Han...it was nice knowing you buddy- Yes, his time is short.

Golden_Jedi- LOL!

dm1- Jessa, huh? Well, I was close... kind of.- Yes, very close.

SithGirl132- Han's out of the frying pan and into the fire- He managed to make things worse by his impetuous plan.

--------

?Have you heard anything yet?? Leia asked Chewie as he and Luke entered her Presidential Office with Threepio and Artoo in tow. ?He?s on Kashyyyk, right??

Chewie gave a low moan, and shook his head negatively. [Not a word.]

The Princess turned her worried and accusing gaze toward her Jedi brother. ?What about Lando? What about all their smuggler buddies??

?Lando hasn?t heard from Han,? Luke replied reluctantly. ?He?s contacted every smuggler he can think of, and they?ve all promised to let him know if Han makes contact.?

Leia clenched her fingers into fists, trying to keep her emotions in check. ?It?s been three days. If I don?t hear something soon, I?m going to ?? She sighed, and forced herself to calm down. ?I?ve tried to meditate, but it?s not working.?

?It?s hard to get a clear signal from the Force when you can?t clear your mind and emotions,? Luke said, belatedly realizing he was starting to lecture. ?I?ve been meditating too, and I?m getting vague feelings.?

?About the children?? Leia asked hopefully, tears welling up in her eyes. ?Are they all okay??

Luke gave a gentle, reassuring nod. ?I haven?t gotten any feelings that they aren?t okay, if that helps.?

?So what are these vague Force-feelings centering on, then??

?A woman.? Seeing Leia?s expression darken, he quickly added, ?Three women, actually.?

?Increasing the numbers doesn?t help matters, Luke.?

?One of the women is actually a young girl, and the other one is older, with graying hair.?

?And the third??

Luke shifted his gaze to the floor. ?About Han?s age.?

Chewie?s blue eyes lit up. [I don?t know about the first two, but perhaps the Force is telling Luke that Han went to Salla Zend for help.]

Threepio quickly interpreted the Wookiee?s short speech, and Luke asked, ?Salla??

?Han told me about her once,? Leia said. ?He described her as an over-eager girlfriend that was trying to pressure him into marriage.?

?Would she be willing to help him, if he showed up with three young children?? Luke questioned.

[If she didn?t kill him, first,] Chewie replied.

?Kill him?? Threepio asked, throwing up his stiff arms in dismay. ?Dear me. How does Captain Solo manage to get every sentient in the galaxy angry enough at him to want to kill him??

?He?s got a gift, Threepio,? Leia replied.

~~~

The information Jessa provided took quite a while to process through Han?s stunned brain. He blinked several times, and opened his mouth to speak, although words failed him.

?What, no smart-mouthed comeback?? Jessa asked with a smirk. ?I?m waiting for a denial of paternity from you, and you?re keeping me in breathless anticipation.?

Han swallowed down the lump that had formed in this throat. ?I?m not denying her. I?m just wondering why you never bothered to contact me after all this time.?

Jessa gave a humorless smile. ?You?ve got to be joking.? Then her expression grew hard. ?First, you promised me you?d be back. But I should?ve known better than to take a worthless smuggler like you at your word. In the second place, after I found out I was pregnant, I did try to locate you. You never stayed in one place long enough for my contacts to get you a message, and the next thing I heard was you?d gone into hiding with the rebellion. By the time I found out that you were a wall decoration in Jabba?s Palace I was pretty annoyed at you, and I sure wasn?t planning to risk my neck on a rescue attempt. Then, of course, the Empire fell and you were being hailed as a big hero, and it was pretty common knowledge you had used your dubious charms on Princess Lei

18. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    Yay it been update. What a great story. I always loved Jessa. If Han hadn't fallen for Leia. I think Jessa would have been a good choice. They have a lot in common. Please update more often. Can't wait to see how Leia reacts.

19. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Ah, see, even Chewie though he might go to Salla!

Han is in deep doo doo here, nothing else to say! He really does have a way with people...

20. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    This is made even funnier by how I have a friend named Jessa who probably would react the same in the situation (and get involved with someone like Han, also). The trouble keeps unfolding...

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great story so far!

I'll definitely be following along! :)

22. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    ?A woman.? Seeing Leia?s expression darken, he quickly added, ?Three women, actually.?

?Increasing the numbers doesn?t help matters, Luke.?

No, it doesn`t... o_O

Han is in definitely deep poodoo...

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Wow, what a fine mess Han is in.[face_mischief] A fantastic story! =D=

24. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    bumps the story.. We want an update!!..Let all chant together.

25. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    darkladyhannasolo ? If Han hadn't fallen for Leia. I think Jessa would have been a good choice. They have a lot in common.- Yes, I was fond of Jessa, too! We want an update!!..Let all chant together- LOL! Okay, you guilted me into it! :oops:

dm1- Han is in deep doo doo here- Yes, he is. o_O

SithGirl132- The trouble keeps unfolding- And it gets worse, too. [face_worried]

HanSolo29- I'll definitely be following along- I hope you don?t mind infrequent updates, since I?m having trouble staying focused on this story. [face_hypnotized]

Golden_Jedi- Han is in definitely deep poodoo- He?s going to need a shovel pretty soon. [face_thinking]

Sara_Kenobi- what a fine mess Han is in ? Only Han can take a bad situation and make it even worse. :p

----

Coruscant

Leia lay on her back in the darkened bedroom, rubbing her eyes and trying to keep her head from throbbing. A few hours earlier, Chewbacca had been able to raise Salla Zend over the holo-com with surprising ease; it had almost seemed that the woman was waiting to be contacted. But the initial contact was the only thing easy about talking to Salla. The Princess could still feel the sting of embarrassment remembering the way Salla taunted her while Chewie and Luke stood nearby and listened.

?Thank you for returning our communication so quickly,? Leia had started the conversation. ?I was wondering if you?ve heard from Han lately.?

Salla grinned. ?He?s gone missing??

?Unfortunately, yes.?

?So, Your Highness, even your old money couldn?t hold Solo forever,? Salla had replied with a sneer. ?I can?t say I?m surprised. You should have taken the hint with his last name.?

?Then I can assume you haven?t heard anything,? Leia said, trying to reign in her disappointment.

?I never said that,? Salla returned quickly. ?He?s with me right now, as a matter of fact.? She waved and blew a kiss to some unseen entity. ?Stay in bed, darling. I know you miss me, and I?ll be right there.? She smirked back at the holo-cam. ?The man?s insatiable, isn?t he? I always thought those with Force-skills were better in bed than us mortals, but Han tells me that?s not the case with you.?

Leia could barely form a coherent response to Salla?s play-acting. She was perfectly aware that the woman was lying about being with Han, even without using the Force. ?This conversation isn?t much help to me. Have a nice day, Captain Zend.?

?Oh, I?ve been having lots and lots of nice days since Han came back to me,? Salla said. ?The nights are even better.? Then she cut off the connection.

?That went well,? Leia said sarcastically.

?Apparently, the woman in my vision wasn?t Salla Zend,? Luke commented.

[I do believe that lady is crazier than she ever was,]Chewie barked out in disbelief.

?And we?ve undoubtedly made matters worse,? Leia stated grimly. ?Unless I miss my guess, Salla won?t waste any time telling the holo-shills her story.?

Yes, contacting Zend had been a major mistake, and one that Leia knew she couldn?t undo. She dreaded turning on the holo-net tomorrow, knowing that her secret about Han taking off with their kids was about to blow up in spectacular fashion.

~~

The Millennium Falcon set down on its regular landing pad, settling down with a satisfied hiss. Han still shuddered as he recalled his uncomfortable meeting with old Doc, Jessa?s irate father back on Ekibo.

?Do you have any notion what I wanted to do to you, Solo, when Jessa told me she was gonna have a baby?? said Doc, whose real name was actually Klaus Vandangante.

?I can imagine,? Han admitted, knowing how protective he was going to feel when Jaina grew up and brought home a boy.

?When I heard you were frozen in carbonite, I wanted to send Jabba flowers as a thank you gift,? the distinguished gray-headed gentlemen added, glaring daggers at Solo.

?I?m sorry,? Han said, knowing how weak his apology

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.