main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let The Countdown Begin!!!! - The Non-Spoilers Edition: Part 2

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by hew, Jun 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Actually, I have another rather amusing Star Wars related story, if anyone's interested! Anyone at all? Well, tough, I'm a moderator, so I'll tell you all anyway, and you'll listen and enjoy it!

I was in film studies yesterday, before the lesson had started, and a few of the people there were discussing directors. Now, probably a few of you will know that I'm a big fan of Steven Spielberg, so he become the topic of conversation. We discussed the films he's made and stuff, when somebody asked, "Steven Spielberg did direct Star Wars, didn't he?" Well, I really had to stop myself from laughing. And this was coming from a film student, too! Also, rather amusingly, somebody who's not doing a film studies class, thankfully, thought Alfred Hitchcock directed Jaws. Dear lord...

2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Thanks, Windy. I thought I had done so, but I hadn't. I did fix it.

steve, LMAO! That's hillarious. But, I can easily see it happening. I've heard that before. For some reason, a lot of (obviously non-SW) people closely associate Steven Spielberg with GL and SW. Maybe it's because of Indy...

3. LadyPhoenixsSock

LadyPhoenixsSock Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2002
    Hey, they took my cool Leia icon away! :_| Guess this one'll have to do...

How different would all our lives be without Star Wars? :eek:

4. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    It certainly would be interesting if there was no Star Wars.

My favorite movie series would be...gasp...Back to the Future! :eek:

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

5. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    There's nothing wrong with Back to the Future, Windy :mad: ! Probably if Star Wars didn't exist, I wouldn't try to speak so poshly all the time. It's all Obi-Wan's fault!

6. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Of course there is nothing wrong with the Back to the Future series, I love it to death. Until I saw a little movie called Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, the Back to the Future films were by far my favorite films. In all honesty though, can you even imagine spending nearly three years of your life posting on a Back to the Future message board! I would run out of things to say!

7. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999

[face_laugh]

That's where one of my film studies teachers spends most of his time :D!

8. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I can't think of anything that has the imagination of SW. Nothing could generate such a response, such a spark among so many people.

The imagination, the story, everything that makes SW what it is leaves so much for us to contemplate and discuss.

9. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    The only films that can generate as much online discussion as Star Wars are David Lynch's films (i.e. Mulholland Drive). Of course, most of that discussion is on the different theories concerning what the movie was about.

10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    that's why I never stayed for long on any Bond discussion board, there simply isn't enough to say about them.

My little sw story. I called the local cinema last week to ask about the tickets, they didn't have a clue but thought they would start selling them 2-3 weeks before the premiere. I called back this Monday, and now they have replaced the nice people with an answering machine that only gives you information about this week's programs! So I still haven't a clue, but I will go and see About A boy in the weekend, and then I will be able to ask in person about it.

11. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    Yeah, asking someone live and in person is the best way to find out what's really going on. You can also tell by looking at their face whether or not they really know what they're talking about. Plus, when you're convinced they're making stuff up, you can ask for their manager. [face_devil]

May 2 - 14 days to go!

12. Edhel

Edhel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    3rd of May, 13 days to go :)

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I feel sorry for you cb. :(

14. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    Wow was I surprised to come to this forum and NOT see the countdown thread on the first page!

I can't believe it's finally coming. Wow. I have been waiting for this movie pretty much my whole college career. I mean, even freshman year, I was waiting for AOTC even though the Phantom Menace was coming out, because I KNEW that the first one wasn't going to be that great, and I was totally unspoiled.

Man, I know I haven't been around lately, but I just wanted to say now that since this thread will soon be over, I'll always hold a special place in me heart for the people in this thread, especially those that were here when it was just getting funny. I got through college and waiting for AOTC ok. I'm off to Law School next year, and perhaps by the time episode III comes out I could be working for Lucas. Wow, that's also wierd. My last year of Law School will culminate in me seeing Episode III, just like college ends now with Episode II. After that, I'll have all the Star Wars and Education I need to actually get a job.

Anyway, thanks for the good times everyone. Peace, Love, and Beatles, err Star Wars.

15. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    May 4th - 12...

16. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    Duh...

17. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Well if you really want to get spoiled I guess the best way is to read the book so you get everything straigth from the start.

18. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    I think I'm going to make an effort to post on this thread every day until May the 15th (that's when I get to see it :D! ). I've been lagging behind, rather!

19. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    OWM, that is so sweet. :D

20. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    May 5th - 11...

21. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Is it just me or does this place start to get filled with oldbies again?

22. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Well, I did promise, so here's my post for today :D. I wonder if I can keep this up until the 15th? I doubt it :(.

23. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    OA - reports of oldbies' returns have been greatly exaggerated, especially since a number of them don't venture out of this thread. :D

24. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Why has Oaksteve been so down and negative lately? Cheer up buddy! You are starting to remind me of that donkey from the old Winnie the Pooh show that I used to watch when I was a kid....

25. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Wow, someone besides me remembers Eeyore or whatever the heck his name was? I love that guy! I have a stuffed Eeyore in a Tigger costume sitting over my comp. Why I find it funny, I don't know, but it's one of the funniest things ever. :D

Edit: Looks like this, but bigger.

[image=http://www.mcdonalds.com/countries/usa/collectibles/happymeal/toys/2000/8.2/img/3.jpg]

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.