main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Let the New Order Begin!~

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by NodNarbOen, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL, JediJean! [face_laugh] I found it! :D If I add in those Photoshop stuffs, I think I gonna be one messy Sith Lord! (Ps: Must add some Photoshop Modification to one of the photos we took at Taka to make it very bloody! Muwhaahahahaha [face_devil] )

Hmm, want to see Winbros's copies too. Can he make it this Friday after work? :D

2. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    i'd like to suggest an alternative *GRIN*

how bout u guys hold the meeting at MY work place? LOL

anyway i'm working on friday, 3pm to 11pm, so i cant come...

and if anyone in the commitee needs anyhelp on any position, i'm free and most assuredly be commited, starwars has always been my life. =)

3. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Someone want to enjoy [X]+OH after sun down, lah!

4. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    If more ppl can make it to Holland Village then change the venue there. Sadly, I won't be able to go HV...

5. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi everyone!

Just an itsy-bitsy change in the details of our meeting on Friday, 28 June 2002, 'cos I just realised that there's no Coffee Bean at Clarke Quay, so how can we meet there?!??
    ** Oops! :eek: **

So here are the details of the meeting now.....

Date: 28 June 2002 Friday (thankfully no World Cup matches that evening)

Location: McDonald's at Liang Court/Daimaru (yup, the building just next to Clarke Quay which has a Kinokuniya bookstore inside)

Afternoon Session: 4:30pm start (for people of leisure)

After work session: about 7pm, methinks, depending on traffic and work. Meet up with the people of leisure who are still there... have dinner (pub crawl). Or is it the other way around?

Agenda:
    1. meeting to discuss FanForce Singapore administrative details
    2. exchange photographs
    3. chitchat
    4. eat
    5. other matters arising

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Err, how you get to Liang Court from City Hall MRT Station (St Andrew Catheral Side) again? :D

7. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    OK, something else that DD has pointed out in another thread.....

We don't seem to be getting anywhere by discussing our ideas/designs for a logo, T-shirt or banner online, so why don't we do this?

Everyone who has any creative ideas or who has come up with any designs for the logo, the banner, or the T-shirt... Please bring down all your stuff with you and present it to everyone when we meet on Friday, 28 June 2002.

This way, we can all see what each other has come up with, and we can have a more productive time discussing these things at the Friday meeting.

8. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    ...erm, not too sure DE, 'cos I always just take a walk there, but maybe Lukedecop can help you out with this info instead :)

Luke, Luke, where are you??

9. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Good question, DE. I would like to know how to get there too!

Sorry, folks, I meant to type Boat Quay, not Clark Quay in the original proposal. I'm not a very boat person, as you might have gathered....

10. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Luke - I might need your help in getting there too...I know where's Liang Court but don't know how to go there. paiseh ;)

11. solidnono

solidnono Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    is everybody invited?? hehe
    btw to get to liang court u have to take bus 32 frm the second bus-stop frm city hall interchange.after 2-3 stops when u see a shopping centre then u alight.

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Of course everyone's invited :)

Thanks for the directions too.

13. solidnono

solidnono Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    thx!! btw the shopping centre which is liang court is situated on ur left hand side so juz keep a loooooooooook ouuuttttt forrrrrr it. heehee

14. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    OK, if you're wondering how to get to Liang Court on Friday, here's some info for ya!! :)

Liang Court is located on River Valley Road.
    It's an orange-y coloured building, right next to Clarke Quay, which also houses Daimaru, Kinokuniya bookstore, and Hotel New Otani.

If you're driving or getting there by taxi:

If you're coming from Hill Street, just behind Funan Centre, turn into River Valley Road from there, then just head in the direction towards Clarke Quay, drive past the taxi-stand at Clarke Quay, and you'll come to Liang Court.

If you're coming by MRT:

The closest is City Hall MRT station.

Then you can either walk there OR you can take buses 32 or 195 from the 2nd bus stop in front of St Andrew's Cathedral (there are 2 bus-stops next to each other, go to the 2nd one, NOT the 1st one).

According to my Bus Guide, both these buses stop at the bus stop right in front of Liang Court.

If you're coming by bus from Orchard Road:

Take buses 143 or 123, from either the bus stop in front of HMV Heeren OR the bus stop in front of Orchard Emerald (near Centrepoint), and go in the direction heading down towards Plaza Singapura.

Both these buses will stop at a bus stop on Clemenceau Ave, just opposite from UE Square/Shell House, then you just have to take a short walk to Liang Court.

Hope this has been mu-ee mu-ee helpful to everyone! :)

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    "Both these buses will stop at a bus stop on Clemenceau Ave, just opposite from UE Square/Shell House, then you just have to take a short walk to Liang Court."

JediJean - Erm could u tell me what is the surrounding like? Like how I know when to stop. Cos I need to go to Orchard road before going there..

16. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Jazz, you won't miss it, 'cos UE Square is kinda hard to miss, they got quite a big sign (if I remember correctly).
    Plus the bus stop is just after a junction.
    UE Square is on the right corner of the junction, and the bus stop just after the left corner of the junction.
    UE Square is a grey building which looks quite new :)

17. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Maybe some of us can meet at Orchard Emerald bus stop at 4.00p.m to go together?

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    So is the stuffs concerning the meeting confirmed?

I'll prefer to join you all at Orchard Emerald (the bus stop or the benches behind it?) at 4pm on Friday. ;)

19. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Bus stop

20. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Hi! I just wanted to congratulate you all on becoming official. :)

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks! We're all deeply honoured. :)

22. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks Bobafemme! :)

23. DarthSyn

DarthSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    we are official oredi? my...2 weeks overseas and i am really behind times... catch up with u guys when i get back in 2 months...

btw, star wars novels/publications are generally cheaper here in brisbane... anyone wants anything? i can go chekc out... toys wise... nothing extraordianary here... lots of saesee tinn/luminari though...

lastly - congrats to Nod :)

24. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Hi DarthSyn, hope you're enjoying your stay in Brisbane :p

So, guys, how did the meeting go? :)

25. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    The meeting was quite good, productive and lively :)

We've got a shortlist of names for our official title but just waiting for Nod to do the voting. Well, and new committee has been done too (also wait for Nod to announce) ;)

DarthSyn - Might want to request something..I'll PM u :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.