Let's all pray DarthRaith can make it to this one.

Discussion in 'Las Vegas, NV' started by MoronDude, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We don't blame you, DR, seriously, but hopefully you will be able to attend the next meeting so we can talk about this Fan Film thingie! I'm pretty excited about this, and I know you are too.

Howabout we make the next meeting for 7:00pm on Thursday, Nov 14th at the MSU? It has worked out as a great meeting place... plus there's POOL TABLES & VIDEO GAMES!!!

Just gimmie your thoughts.
  2. KhartrinRhan Jedi Knight

In the six or so months you have been meeting, I have yet to make it even once. This next meeting is no exception. However, after 11/15 I should be able to start attending. (Unless the Dark Side clouds my schedule yet again..........)
  3. Protoss72000 Force Ghost

star 3
    hmmm thats this thurs isnt it, i better check if i can go, ill let you know
  4. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Actually, it looks as if this isn't going to work out. How about next Thursday? November 21st, 2002?

Let's hope DR can come, because I'm really interested in seeing what he has in mind for a Fan Film.
  5. Protoss72000 Force Ghost

star 3
    yeah the 21st would probably be a good day for me, i dont think i have anything planned that day.
  6. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    KhartrinRhan? Can you make it on Nov 21?
  7. KhartrinRhan Jedi Knight

No, I'm working OT that night.
  8. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay, well maybe you can make it to the next one.
  9. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OKAY! Anyone who would like to come to our next meeting, here's all the information:

WHO: Anyone who wants to come.

WHAT: Well, pretty much what we always do. Sit around waiting for DR to show up, if he does, we'll get serious about comming up with ideas for making a Fan Film; if not, we'll talk about Star Wars and play some pool!

WHERE: UNLV's Moyer Student Union (MSU) in the lounge there. If you are coming for your first time, look for me. I'll be the one outside in the front standing on one of the concrete benches from 6:30 to 7:10.

WHEN: Thursday, November 21st, 2002 at 7:00pm.

WHY: Uhhhh, cuz we're bored mostly.
  10. Protoss72000 Force Ghost

star 3
    that should read

Why: cause where Star Wars Fanatics :D
  11. Rose- Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be there, and we can talk about the party too. I'm going to ask the heads of the Henderson Fan Force and the Garrison to be there too.
  12. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay, protoss, Anthony can come, so will you pick him up, same time, same place?
  13. Protoss72000 Force Ghost

star 3
    yeah, and we are still meeting at the MSU at 7pm right?
  14. Bleyd Jedi Knight

star 1
  15. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The MSU is the Moyer Student Union at UNLV. It's right next door to the UNLV Bookstore.

I just made a quick map and put it on my webpage, hope it helps:

MAP TO MSU
  16. Iggy Jedi Knight

star 1
    sorry guys just found out that i have to work at 5:00 till close tonight. so ill try for next time. =/
  17. Rose- Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey guys,
    for everyone who went to the meeting, ignore the mean guy at the club. I will say, I don't think we should agree to his terms, but Noel says the original plan will work just fine, they said the same bologne for the goth night, and that that guy was in there just for a business front thing. Ignore. I don't want to do the club thing unless they work with the orignal terms. Saturday of our choosing, and no more than 15 dollars a person, cuz I want it to be fun for everyone and not a rip off. We'll see,they better stick to what they originally told me. Gotta go write a paper now. Bye bye
  18. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I completely argee with you Rose. The only way I'd even go to something like that is if it was simple. Things got way to complicated in there. I say, if they give us the discounted price, we go there (costumes or not), have fun, and invite every Star Wars fan in Southern Nevada. If 30 people show up, it'll still be like 5 times the cash they normally would get for a Saturday night, right? It doesn't even have to be official, just like the MSU thing isn't official, it's just convienient. just think of this... +10 for atmosphere over the MSU and +5 for comfort, but -5 for ability to conversate in there (with music that is) and -10 for it not being free. It's an interesting idea, and it's really cool in there, but the hassle might be it's fatal drawback.

Anyway, it was great meeting Tim and Noel last night. I sure hope Tim can make other meetings, and I really hope we can join up with the NCG at some future activity.
  19. Bleyd Jedi Knight

star 1
    Has anyone thought about hangin at Quark's in the LV Hilton? Just a thought.
    I have a little difficulty paying $15 when most of my guys can go to places like Planet Hollywood and eat or drink for free.(depending on which manager is there) I know everyone would like to find a place to call our own but it would have to be a bit more appealing than paying admission and not having alcohol available. Galaxy looks kinda cool and with a bit of work I'm sure the sci fi thing will hit very well. I understand the guy I spoke to was being very business but if they want to change their image they do need to take a risk with us.

I'm sure I can give a hand to those that wish to put a Jedi costume together. Costumes can be expensive but there are shortcuts one can make to help absorb the shock.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.