main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST lets be honest with ourselves how do you feel about the fact....

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Keeper_of_Swords, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winshen Cloudleaper

Winshen Cloudleaper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    That's what I said. I want you to be pacified now and forever by endless pandering. I want you to forget the prequels and RotJ forever, and be constantly satisfied by perfect fanservice.

2. Wolfgang187

Wolfgang187 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 8, 2002
    No, George Lucas is HORRIFIC at writing and as I said in the post should not be writing any film let alone a Star Wars film. But he could have provided a BASIC backstory like he did with Empire Strikes Back or just been a consultant on the film. Had he been a consultant and seen the clip where Chewie walks past Leia he would've said, "Fans aren't going to like those 2 characters walking past each other as if they're strangers." Obviously JJ (while certainly a better director than Lucas) didn't understand that or have anyone on set to help him understand that.

3. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    You...actually have no idea whatsoever what George Lucas would have said, and trying to claim he was in-tune with or particularly cared about "what fans want" seems a little disingenuous.

Hell, for all we know there was a scene filmed where they hugged (the camera cuts to Rey for a few seconds before returning to Leia) and it just got cut for time.

4. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    THANK YOU. The only 2 people who knew the real Han Solo don't console each other after his death???? The only way that scene could have been worse is if Leia said:

"Get out of my way you walking carpet!! You're not human! Rey are you alright??"

Wolfgang187 likes this.
  5. Argalin

Argalin Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    George no longer having the reigns is honestly what got me excited about this film. He really lost my trust with the SE changes and the prequels. It really felt to me like he lost touch with his universe and what made Star Wars special. And then he lost more of my trust when Indy 4 was made. I still admire him for how inventive and out of the box he tried to be with the prequels. He took big risks and they just didn't pay off for me.

6. Wolfgang187

Wolfgang187 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 8, 2002
    What I do know is Empire Strikes Back and Jedi are good films for having a LITTLE bit of George Lucas involvement. The Prequels suck because they have 100% Lucas involvement. TFA sucks for having 0% Lucas involvement.

7. Mars457

Mars457 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 3, 2013
    Although TFA is actually pretty good, and better than ROTJ even.

Abounder likes this.
  8. Abounder

Abounder Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 17, 2014
    George's vision would have been very interesting fan fiction :cool:

I know the names of characters that have zero lines and importance, of course I would love to know what George would have done if nothing more than for trivia and eating time until the next Star Wars. Doesn't detract anything from Kathleen Kennedy either, loved the recent movie

9. Winshen Cloudleaper

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm serious. The more Star Wars is cool for the masses, the sooner Lucas bashers will just move on. I hope Daft Punk and Hans Zimmer compose the Episode 8 and 9 scores.

10. Jmacq1

May 20, 2005
    Somehow I don't believe you're serious, and if you believe the latter portion of your statement, you haven't been around the internet long....

Slight change of subject though: If George Lucas had truly wanted to make more Star Wars movies...he would have. He didn't, and so he sold the franchise to Disney. No one forced him to do it. It was his choice. Sure, he can regret the choice after the fact, he's only human, but let's not pretend like Star Wars was "taken" from him.

11. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

12. Winshen Cloudleaper

Dec 19, 2015
    Trust me, I'm serious. I'll be glad when Lucas bashers are finally satisfied. Bring on the remakes and modern reimaginings. Lucas fans will only have peace once Lucas bashers are happy.

13. Jmacq1

May 20, 2005
    I think it's telling that you believe George Lucas should be immune from criticism.

Jett Lucas, is that you?

More seriously, while I will always be grateful to George Lucas for creating Star Wars (and certainly contributed my tiniest fraction of a percentage point of the billions he made from the franchise), I'm equally grateful he passed the franchise into other hands.

I do feel that the backlash has at times been unnecessarily nasty and overblown, but I also feel that the Prequels were mediocre films. Visually spectacular...but that's about all they had going for them.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.