main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LETS BRING BACK GAMES

Discussion in 'Archive: State College, PA' started by SoloCommand, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I'll withdraw my dispute as long as it's noted that I am comprised of pure awesome.

At any rate, on the subject of "LETS BRING BACK GAMES," I think we should bring back an old Games Forum classic. Remember back in JK when we had several recreation battles? Those were kickass...they helped pull me into the forum, and are some of my favorite game recollections.

I know we did one with Geonosis at least once with JO, but I think we should do a few of these. They're fun, they draw a crowd, and they're angst free, unlike tournaments.

2. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Aragorn is made of pure awesomeness. Also, I agree with his recreation battle idea.

3. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Even though JK is horribly outdated, its still fun and everyone has it

4. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I've been reading it since the whole thing started so I pwn you all. :p

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    No gaming during BSG! BSG>life! After that I'm free on Fridays though. I probably can't actually game if there's not GBG, cause Outcast makes me really sick really fast, but I'll listen and taunt the losers. Unless we pick a new game that I can go buy in the near future (when I have money again which should be in a week or so!).

6. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I saw BSG when they first aired the mini-series. I changed the channel after half an hour

7. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    You have to take into mind the mini was sort of like a pilot for the series. Since the series has started it has improved and has a lot more depth and story.

8. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    No need to explain anything, the miniseries kicked ass pure and simple. Flare's the one without taste :p

9. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    This is further proof that Flare is not "with it".

10. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Oh I agree with you. I just it the series has gotten better with time and smarter writing.

11. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    Having improved upon that miniseries is not saying much.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Go away Emmy, the Mini rocked too. I will say that I've enjoyed Season one more than the mini though, probably cause they jumped right in the action. I'm almost caught up on the season two shows too, hope to be totally caught up today.

13. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    We went to Otakon as BSG Viper pilots. I'll post a pic if I ever find one with me in it.

14. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm not sure what Otakon is...but...

YOU ARE FRACKING GODS FOR DOING THAT AND I ENVY YOU GUYS SO MUCH NOW.

15. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    OTAKON IS AN ANIME GEEK FEST AND I WISH I COULD GO ONE DAY BUT IT ISNT IN ENGLAND YET OMG

16. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    You people need a bsg board.

¤Night

17. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    An ANIME FEST? Ugh.

We could just turn SC into a BSG board. . . I mean Sessy here is CR and runs this forum.

And Quest WELCOME TO OUR HUMBLE ABODE! Glad you could join us in this nest of insanity. :)

18. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Im getting the miniseries via netflix. Maybe Ill try and watch it

19. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    My absence of late may not have been noticed, if it has, go read the games lounge thread and find out why. My future absence will probably be due to a ban for flaming OS. But in my defense, she's a downright ******** and deserves it.

I am however, all for games returning to the glory days. Unfortunately, you all don't seem to realise this is impossible. So, everyone get out your rose-tinted glasses and lets all pretend! :)

Yes, Aragorn is correct as per usualy, this boys development into manhood only comes with greater evolution. Well done sah. Crumpet for you.

I would play re-creation battles in any of JK MOTS JA or JO, though I would suck at JO and JA.

Though, playing good games, talking on TS and all swooning over how sexy my voice is, is not going to bring games back into line.

If it's possible to tell someone you hate them without sounding mean... I'm going to try it. No offense OS, but you need to leave. We don't like you. And when I PM'ed you about it, your only answer was 'ask jen why I'm posting in games'.

Yes... so apart from not even realising why she is doing what she is doing, I think we can all agree that you are doing it poorly. At the post in reply to Pat's about his friends death was the proverbial straw that broke the dewbacks back.

So, with this all off my chest until the next outright terrible post by OS...

Talk to me on AIM about TS, and games. I'm in. As for posting in games and trying to return it to old days. Get AA, Bib, Dan, IA, Nails and anyone else who would be more flaming than I and things will be funny again.

20. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I poop a lot

21. wesjanson1138

wesjanson1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    The glory days will never be restored until those who made it glorious return.

EDIT: SG-1 > BSG, IMO.

22. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    The only people who really found AA, Bib, and Dan funny were AA, Bib, Dan, and SFL

23. wesjanson1138

wesjanson1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    Speak for yourself, Flare. The FB thread makes me laugh still.

24. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    This is an outright terrible post brought to you by Ostrich_Stapler. Fortunately, like all my other posts, SFL doesn't have to read it unless he really wants to so it's not actually a problem. Carry on, carry on.

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Too lazy. I don't have the energy to find another board I like, figure out the community, and work my way through the ranks there. It's easier to just gush is the social threads here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.